News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sudbury Colonial Faire and Muster!

Started by CortJestir, September 22, 2010, 12:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Hey there Mass folks,

Just wanted to give you a heads up that the Sudbury Colonial Faire and Muster is this weekend. It's one of the larger musters of colonial re-enactors and fife and drum corps in the state. Along with demonstrations, concerts and re-enactments, there will be vendors there selling period (authentic and reproduction, but mostly repro) clothing and accessories.

I'll be there for two reasons: 1) to pass out info on Appleseed events in New England and 2) to watch and support the Middlesex County Fifes & Drums, among a field of other fife and drum groups.

It'll be in Sudbury, of course, on the fields right next to the Wayside Inn. More info here: http://www.sudburyminutemen.org/faire.htm

I know the Leyden, MA shoot is this weekend but I see it's well-staffed, so if you're interested in experiencing something else that's "revolutionary" this weekend, come on out to have a great time and spread the good word of Appleseed.

PM or post here if you'll be going and we can hook up. Bring tri-folds and flyers! And some cash if you want to part with some cool 18th century wares.

Thanks,
CJ
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

crak

I'm going to be in Calverton.  Anybody else who can do this who isn't going to leyden?  Cort, are you going?
Check your drama at the door.

CortJestir

I'm going. My wife is playing in the concert/parade and I also volunteer as support staff for MCV.

I'll be printing up a Northeast/New England regional flyer with all the AS dates on it for this muster. The folks performing/re-enacting are from all over New England and New York. So we should get some decent reach. Plus they naturally have an interest in the Revolutionary War to begin with. I was going to see about getting a table set up, but tables are only available for vendors of 18th century items.

crak

Check your drama at the door.

mike93lx

Todd, thanks for the heads up.  I'll be out in Leyden but I wish I could make it.

What kinds of accessories do they have?  Is it just clothing or would it be a place to get a cartridge box or bayonet?

CortJestir

Cartridge boxes, probably. Bayos are harder to find... I'll look if you want though.