News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Burlington Flats, NY,,,, 18-19 SEPT 2010

Started by sgtrock, September 19, 2010, 10:31:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgtrock

Burlington Flats was most honored to have this group of Outstanding Americans on these grounds,,,
All the way from Virginia, and New Jersey they came and all points of the compass within New York State, many groups of friends and family came to hear the history of Our Great Country,,,, with quite a few of them driving well over 4.5 hrs away,,, We had a most enjoyable time teaching these folks of our country's history and riflemarksmanship,,
    We had 6, Father and Son teams, 1, Husband and Wife team, brothers, nephews, and cousins and friends,,,,, Truly it was a family affair at Burlington Flats, NY,,,
The Enthusiasm and energy level of these folks was impressive to say the least,,, everyone on this line truly devoured the instruction they received,,,
   The weather could not have been worse or I mean great for an Appleseed, clear blue skys on Saturday and great I mean a little dampening on sunday with a few sprinkles in the air and heavy overcast, temps were great.  I am sure next year with double the amount of shoots that will be here, and with the attendance that is growing, we will have to increase our berm length to accommodate everybody, we will have a winter shoot in early March here, and that drew a lot of,,, when, when, what are the dates!!, Up here in the North Country we like to get out in the winter, it is some of the best times of the year, to be doing what we love to do, meeting great people, learning of our country's heritage, and of course sending well disciplined rounds down range,,,
   We had 2 returning Appleseeders that shot so many riflemen scores that even they were impressed with what they have learned,, People just can't get enough of what we have to offer,,,
    The age range of our folks were from 12 to Great American Senior Citizens,,, everyone was very friendly and a lot of new friends were made forsure.
   I would like to Thank everybody that came to this shoot and to my Close Friends at this club for helping to put on this shoot,,,
    My local boots on the ground, Our Club Vice President, Fellow Appleseeder and good friend Dave Kucera for all the help he does for me here to put these events of ours together, he takes off work for every shoot on Friday to help set up everything that I like to do for my people here,  Thank You,,,
    I, we have a lot of pictures that will follow in the days to come,,,
    This   AAR is far from over, but I really would like to get some sleep, and add more later with a fresh mind,,, This weekend was very busy, but worth every minute of it,,
    I hope to have others that were here, add to this range report, it was truly a nice shoot to be at,,,
    It is my wish that everyone had a safe trip home, and that they had a good time,,,,
      My Instructor Corp that was present did an Outstanding Job, at every turn,,, There will be more to follow on just how well they did,,,
    This shoot was also blessed to have amongst us, a Gentleman name Norm, He is a direct descendant of a Revolutionary War Veteran, Field Grade Officer,,, more to follow on this Fine American as well, He was there to watch his Grandson have a time of his life, I am sure he will be back here next year,,,
    The RWVA has gained another Instructor, to the NY Instructor Corps, He is a Fine young man from the Darian Lake Region, Kevin will be a great asset to Appleseed and NY...

Thank You

sgtrock

Spartan

"With your shield or on it"

sgtrock

Heres the start of some of the pictures that were taken at this Great Event at B-Flats, NY

sgtrock

sgtrock

sgtrock

sgtrock

The Postman

The success of the Burlington Flats Appleseed rests squarely upon Sgt Rock (Steve), Gunville (Bob) and the Orangehats, all of whom were AWESOME. A special thanks to Orangehats Ryan and Dan, who were very gracious to me when I goofed up on the firing line . . . . any one of these guys can have my back anytime . . . actually . .  I would be privileged and honored to have THEIR back . . .. . . .

Sgt Rock and Gunville were VERY good with the history portion of the event, they both did an awesome job, but I gotta say . .  when Sgt Rock did the second strike and the DOM portion . . . there was somethin' wrong with my eyes . . . couldn't see too good . .

Awesome Americans . . EVERYONE at the event . . .  I hope I can give back in some small way in future Appleseed events . . .Looking forward to next year!!!

Peace, Out \ /

The Postman

"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. "
Ronald Reagan, October 27, 1964

sgtrock

Quote from: The Postman on September 20, 2010, 08:13:19 PM
The success of the Burlington Flats Appleseed rests squarely upon Sgt Rock (Steve), Gunville (Bob) and the Orangehats, all of whom were AWESOME. A special thanks to Orangehats Ryan and Dan, who were very gracious to me when I goofed up on the firing line . . . . any one of these guys can have my back anytime . . . actually . .  I would be privileged and honored to have THEIR back . . .. . . .

Sgt Rock and Gunville were VERY good with the history portion of the event, they both did an awesome job, but I gotta say . .  when Sgt Rock did the second strike and the DOM portion . . . there was somethin' wrong with my eyes . . . couldn't see too good . .

QuoteAwesome Americans . . EVERYONE at the event . . .  I hope I can give back in some small way in future Appleseed events . . .Looking forward to next year!!!
Sir
     There are many ways to help out this program,, becoming an instructor is only one way, if you care not to become an instructor at this time, you can always help by mentioning us to your favorite range, help with some of the planning at your home range when a shoot is scheduled, promotions, handing out flyers to gun shops and gunshows, talking with people you know or people you just meet, many different ways to help and its all good, I would like to Thank You for the kind words, and I am glad that you enjoyed the B-Flats Shoot, I look forward to meeting you again at another Appleseed shoot,,, Calverton, Long Island, this coming weekend,,, Messena, NY, 9-10 October 2010, I will be there,,, are just a couple coming right up!!!!

Best Regards

Post Script; Nice Shooting

sgtrock

Peace, Out \ /

The Postman

gunville

B-Flats is such a terrific place for Appleseed; the club and community support is awesome!

At the heart is the tough-talking Sgt. Rock who doesn't fool anyone - he's a pussy cat with a heart of gold. He puts 110% into putting this shoot together, building the site, and filling the line.

I make a point of watching teaching styles, and I have to give hats off to Larry - he has great patience in building shooter skills - I saw this last weekend and also at New Bremen.

Likewise, Charlie Girl was working terrific with one youngster - bringing him focus and clear improvement. Awesome!

Not to take anything away from the other IITs - Odin (Canary Dan) and Vibbit, both of whom worked tirelessly (tearing down the line while Sgt. Rock ran for mayor...)

Finally, I can't forget rattlehead (Ryan) who gave us vivid details on spearing salmon.  He's a tremendous asset to the program.

I'm only sorry I missed tanker and xena! Maybe next time.
-----------------------------
"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

R1SGx2

Team New York still on the move...  O0

Sgt Rock - Good Job... :bow: Nice pictures, good looking range.

B9, We are still growing....
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Rattlehead

Just one comment regarding the shoot - the numbers kinda lie.  We may have had only two riflemen, both repeats, but I watched quite a few shooters make signicicant improvement throughout the weekend.  Several folks are set up for success at future shoots if they want to continue to chase that 210.

Kevin - you displayed outstanding maturity from what I saw and you'll be a great asset to the program.  Welcome aboard.

Odin

This was a fun shoot to be a part of.

I have to agree with Rattlehead, that even though we didn't get new riflemen, many of the shooters are well on there way to achieving that score.  All you have to do is look at the numbers with the red coats.  The shooters showed amazing improvement and were some of the nicest people I have had the please of meeting.  I hope to see them again at another Appleseed.

Gunville aka "the canary" (sorry but I can't take away the nickname that B9 gave you) and Sgtrock both gave great history that was fun to listen to and informative.  I was happy to see Charlie Girl and Vibbit at the shoot on Sunday, both are very dedicated and worked hard.

For those thinking about attending a shoot in upstate New York, this is the time of the year to do it.  Not too hot, not too cold, and with the leaves changing it makes for some beautiful scenery to enjoy.

I'm looking forward to the next shoot at Burlington Flats.  It is scheduled for March, so hopefully we will get some nice pleasant weather to the shoot in.
Deluce Bellum Inexpertis (sweet is war to those who have never experienced it) - Roman Proverb

"Of his knowledge a man should never boast, but be sparing in his speech.  When to his house a wiser man comes, seldom do the silent make mistakes" - Havamal

"To ask well and answer rightly are the marks of a wise man" - Havamal

gunslinger57l

I was glad to help with the Appleseed at BFlats. We have a very dedicated group of Appleseed people and really take great pride in seeing the shooters excel. Congrats to all the LSO's,RSO's & SBIT's that voluntered there time & effert in making this a successful wkend :---

vibbit

Another great shoot to have been at. Although I missed Saturday do to car troubles sunday was a  great day .
Sgtrock and Gunville did a great job, Along with everyone else.
Just for the the day that I as there I seen much improvement in the shooters.
Hats off to the staff and most of all, to the shooters who have the interest to make this all possible.
Job well done to all.
Educate and inform the whole mass of the people...
They are the only sure reliance for the preservation
of our liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.
Thomas Jefferson

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it
and hang on. 
Thomas Jefferson

Johnnyappleseed

Bet this was a powerful weekend --- when eyes swell up ,the message is heard and retained  O0
Job well done Sir
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

kDan

Nice work guys.  Hat's off all around.  Sgtrock is one of our top NY instructors and after having personally worked with him several times now, I am not surprised to hear of more successes at b-flats.  I will be making one of these events one of these days.

Just an FYI for you guys and anybody else out there listening.  There will be an IBC (Instructor Boot Camp) at this range the week-end of Dec 4, 5.  Sgtrock will be hosting and helping to run this event.  An IBC is a two day intensive train the trainer program where new and more experienced IIT's can get a jumpstart (or a brush-up) on their way to full Instructor status.  We need to get a lot of people ready for next year and this is the best way the RWVA has come up with to do that.  Next year's expectations are daunting and we need as much help as we can get to make our goals.  In certain cases, we have ways of allowing seriously dedicated repeat Appleseeders that want to become Instructors but have not yet qualified on the AQT to attend these events.  Maybe a score can wait, but America cannot.  As we don't know how many more IBC's we'll fit in before the spring, I suggest that ANYONE interested in becoming an instructor should look into this.  PM me, or sgtrock.  Or you can just call me at 718 490 7665.

And obviously, we recommend and strongly, arm-twistingly, encourage (short of kidnapping) current IIT's to attend.  It was the same week-end last year that I first met sgtrock at the IBC at B-Flats.  I walked in on a story about standing in the subway with an m4 after 911.  Twenty-five years in the military began the preparations for what he's doing for his country at this point in time, and the IBC didn't hurt, either.  If a guy like that can benefit, I think most of us can.

I spent that night in a frozen tent on the range where you guys were just shooting - just another wonderful Appleseed memory.  Good folks, good times, good work.  Now get going!
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

sgtrock

Quote from: kDan on September 23, 2010, 01:08:15 PM
Nice work guys.  Hat's off all around.  Sgtrock is one of our top NY instructors and after having personally worked with him several times now, I am not surprised to hear of more successes at b-flats.  I will be making one of these events one of these days.

Just an FYI for you guys and anybody else out there listening.  There will be an IBC (Instructor Boot Camp) at this range the week-end of Dec 4, 5.  Sgtrock will be hosting and helping to run this event.  An IBC is a two day intensive train the trainer program where new and more experienced IIT's can get a jumpstart (or a brush-up) on their way to full Instructor status.  We need to get a lot of people ready for next year and this is the best way the RWVA has come up with to do that.  Next year's expectations are daunting and we need as much help as we can get to make our goals.  In certain cases, we have ways of allowing seriously dedicated repeat Appleseeders that want to become Instructors but have not yet qualified on the AQT to attend these events.  Maybe a score can wait, but America cannot.  As we don't know how many more IBC's we'll fit in before the spring, I suggest that ANYONE interested in becoming an instructor should look into this.  PM me, or sgtrock.  Or you can just call me at 718 490 7665.

And obviously, we recommend and strongly, arm-twistingly, encourage (short of kidnapping) current IIT's to attend.  It was the same week-end last year that I first met sgtrock at the IBC at B-Flats.  I walked in on a story about standing in the subway with an m4 after 911.  Twenty-five years in the military began the preparations for what he's doing for his country at this point in time, and the IBC didn't hurt, either.  If a guy like that can benefit, I think most of us can.

QuoteI spent that night in a frozen tent on the range where you guys were just shooting - just another wonderful Appleseed memory.  Good folks, good times, good work.  Now get going!
Yes, you did spend the night out in the tent,, HowEvvvver we had heat in the club house,,, and anybody that comes here is More than Welcome to stay in where it is warm,,, (No Charge For Camping Here By The Way),,, It is only by Choice, that one would want to stay out in the cold, when there are options,,, NY's Friend Spanner came all the way up here from West (By God) Virginia, To help out, in teaching these New Yorkers a thing or two, about sleeping in a tent, in a NY winter as well,,,
You guys are tough or just plain %),,,  But with the right gear its not bad!!

To reiterate what kDan said, we need these IIT's to step up and take the reins,,, we will be spread out next year, just at B-Flats alone I have doubled the shoots for next year, plus we will have an RBC here as well,,,   The IBC is the best way to get up to speed, and if we (and I hope we do have the same SI's here), it will be an Outstanding Event,,, This Club can accommodate at least 30 people,,, that's Thirty people easy,,, in the club house for this Block of Instruction,, it is well worth it folks,,, many good things can be had from an IBC, you really get to break down the whole Instructors Manual in detail, nothing is left to the imagination,,, You get insight from the SI's way of doing things to make your job more effective and rewarding,,, I am looking forward to being a humble servant at this course, and of course to take away more things that I can use to make the shoots I do more rewarding for our students and to improve myself, I have a lot of improving to do as well, for I do not want to become stagnant, and that's where I'll be if I don't keep looking for new things or brush up on what is here already in the Instructors Manual,,,

My contact info is;
PM here

More than happy to help

sgtrock,,,,