News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Voortrekker and Kendra are now husband and wife!

Started by didactic, September 19, 2010, 12:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

didactic

^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
I was there, I saw 'em, and I heard 'em say the words!

Spicewood, Texas  (Appleseed Press)  Late this afternoon, Senior Instructor voortrekker and IIT Kendra became husband and wife.

:bow: Kendra was lovely, of course.  But she'd be that, even muddy and in baggy sweat pants.  

O0  Voortrekker was calm and controlled.  Even without a faded red hat and a stopwatch and clipboard.

Two high points for me, as I checked everything out at the reception, were:  1) Chatting with Brett's grandparents - they get around pretty slowly, but were 100% aware of what was going on and are justifiably very proud of their grandson, and 2) The groom's cake.  Iced in woodland camo green and brown, it was (on candy stilts) an elevated deer blind.

The only mistake on my part was my forgetting to bring red and orange RWVA caps, to make them pose in those with their wedding clothes, for a couple of frames out of the obligatory acre of film shot during and after the ceremony.   :wb:

After their return from their brief honeymoon, at an undisclosed location somewhere in Texas (It's a big place, for whoever hadn't noticed.), we can all congratulate them both as they rejoin the Appleseed trail.
:~

CONGRATS AGAIN TO ALL INVOLVED!!!
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Baminal

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

B9

Best wishes to Brett and Kendra. :)

Did they meet on the trail or elsewhere?

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

zonkertx

Congrats to the new couple!
May you guys have many years of happiness and many rounds downrange.

ThaiFighter

"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

didactic

Just for everybody's info, Brett and Kendra have been seeing (Dating?  What do you call it when the folks involved are adults, instead of teen-agers?) each other for a good while.  They didn't meet "on the trail," but they attended the first Texas Appleseed together, in Mingus, way back when.  2006? Or even 2005?  She has been less active in Appleseed than he has, but she is also more or less active with Second Amendment Sisters.  Now that they're a family rather than a couple, maybe the Appleseed Trail will see more of both of them.

Enough intrusion into their personal lives.  They're both really first-rate folks (Hardly a unique situation among Appleseeders!), deserving all the best from all of us and the whole world.

Isn't it great when things work out well for "the good guys?"

^:)^

"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

SamD

Congratulations to you both.
I wish you many many many Appleseeds together

EEL

A big congrats to "da bode of youse' from up Chicago way  ;D   ^:)^ ^:)^
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

starfox

Congratulations Kendra and Brett!  ^:)^  Lauren and I are both privileged to know you and have worked the Trail with you. 

Y'all make a beautiful couple!  Appleseedin' as a couple certainly helps the toil of the Trail in some respects.

Many happy returns and wishes for a long fulfilled life together!!
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Ratchett

Congratulations!!! May God Bless you with a long happy life together.

In His Grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Wade

Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

dragit

Congratulations Brett & Kendra.  I look forward to working with you again soon.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

BlueFeather

Wowzer!  Congratulations to you both!  May you have many happy years (and Appleseeds) together!

/Gillian
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

Ishy

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."  ~2 Chronicles 7:14

"The proof of desire is pursuit."  ~Kirk DeVinney

scuzzy

That is great!!  O0

I wish you two much happiness. I'm sure having a wife who is an IIT will insure that. Only the best people step up from what I've seen so I'm sure she is a jewel.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Reddot

Congratulations to you both!!! May success follow you throughout your lives!!

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Texas Rifleman

...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09

CaptG

"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Aromatic