News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Thank You Appleseed!!!

Started by Precisely Advantageous, September 18, 2010, 09:58:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Precisely Advantageous

I would like to thank The Appleseed Project and specifically the New Mexico Instructors who taught at my first AS for teaching me how to do (what seemed) the impossible.

When I first purchased my rifle, I thought it would be great if I knew how to use this thing in case my life ever depended on it. Thats when I found the great program called The Appleseed Project. They claimed I could be taught how to shoot to 500 yards in a weekend for $70 and my girlfriend could shoot for FREE as well! What a DEAL!

Not only did I learn the basics of rifle marksmanship, I learned how I came to be apart of a great nation that actually allows you the right to be free as an individual and to bear arms to protect yourself.

After learning our nations history and being able to connect it to today. I am able to connect with people on level never achieved before in my lifetime, bringing back our sense of community and belonging.

Yesterday I put some of those marksmanship skills to use.

With an Iron sighted ( No Tech sights) SKS I was able to get hits on steel at 600 yards from the seated position. ???
I do alot of reading when it comes to rifles and I found nothing short of 7.62x39 is no good past 300 yards.
Before yesterday I thought I would be wasting ammo shooting that far. Now I know that what seems impossible today, may be accomplished tomorrow if you just get off the couch and give it a try for yourself.

Further more, I said well whats next? Lets try standing, off hand, no sling with a 16" AR15 at 600 yards iron sights.
The front sight seems to be doing this  ..:.. as your standing there but SQUEEEEEZE the trigger as you pass the dot 1/4 the size of a .050 front site. DING!

I really didn't think these two things were possible until I actually did it.

So,
one: Thank you Appleseed for existing.
Two: Thanks to all those instructors who showed up to that Las Cruces shoot in the heat of march last year on their weekend off to teach me a thing or two about my history and rifle marksmanship.
Three: Thanks for teaching me to do what may seem the impossible.

In my mind I achieved the impossible yesterday. That gives me hope for what we can do for our ourselves now and for those who come after us who wish to live in this great nation.

Keep on seeding guys and gals, were out to achieve what may seem today, as the impossble.

PA

"If the solution has never been to look in yourself, how is it that you expect to find it any where else?"

JustJeff

^:)^ :~ :--- O0
It's amazing what can happen once you learn that artificial limitations (those taught to you by others) are actually false......  I'll bet that you could probably hit the steel at 1k if you had the opportunity to shoot it.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

Earl

At first read I thought you had only been to one Appleseed, but then looked at your profile and posts. Good job, putting that KD portion into our Appleseeds will get more people out trying for steel targets at their home ranges, because like the NPOA drill, you have to believe that you can do it, and then go do it. Good job, especially with the sixteen inch barrel, but the SKS was impressive, too. I will have to take some more ammunition and time to catch up to your reach, see you on the range. ;)
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Wheeler44

QuoteIn my mind I achieved the impossible yesterday. That gives me hope for what we can do for our ourselves now and for those who come after us who wish to live in this great nation.
Ya can't hit the target if ya don't squeeze the trigger..
"Appleseed,  putting the second amendment into the hands of American citizens."     -Mrs. Wheeler

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship instructors on the planet."   -Son of Martha

BobABQ