News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD Appleseed September 11th and 12th

Started by VAshooter, September 17, 2010, 01:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VAshooter

Another great Appleseed at Annapolis. We had 14 students on Saturday but we had 10 no shows on Sunday due to heavy morning rain. The attendance dropped to 6 but they were a dedicated group with five of the six shooting Rifleman scores.

BeSwift got his Red Hat and became Maryland's first full Appleseed instructor.

BD and sashok.privetov both moved up to IIT1 while Patent Guy and Norton both took on the responsibilities of IIT as they accepted their Orange Hats.

I would like to thank the members of the club for extending their hospitality once again to Appleseed. We are looking forward to October and another sold out Appleseed.

VAshooter

Cheeks

10 No Shows because of rain? COME ON, Maryland!!!  ~~:) There were a ton of no shows at the one I helped with back in June, too. Was it too sunny then?  ;D

Is there a way to send out a mass notification early in the day when there are lots of no shows? This location sells out, so when there are no shows, that means people were most likely turned down that would have gone, and could possibly come on short notice. I know BeSwift tried posting on some MD Gun boards on Sat. night at the one in June, and I tried the same thing on VaGunTrader. It didn't seem to help. How could we improve this situation?

If there are constantly no-shows at certain locations, should we make it first come, first serve and not have pre-registrations? I realize that might not help with the second day no shows.

The Annapolis range is a great location for an Appleseed. Covered line, lots of shade and it's in a pretty setting with lots of trees. It's sad that there were so many no shows.

Congratulations, BeSwift! I hope to get back over to help out soon. -Cheeks

BeSwift

The no shows drive me bananas... There are many pieces to the problem... "free shooters" tend to be the biggest % of no-shows.. me motivating people to sign up MONTHS ahead of time, due to high demand...  Lack of a good last minute communication network to cover the no shows...

As we go, I'm learning.. We had a couple of walk ons to fill slots this past shoot..I've got a few more motivated walk on's scheduled to show up on upcoming shoots as well... Short of calling attendees to confirm attendance in advance, I don't have a better answer other than to tell motivated shooters to show up knowing they'll be a high chance of no shows..

Cheeks...we'll be announcing Winterseed dates soon....could certainly use your help if you're so inclined...   BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations