News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructors/IIT's needed for Cal Expo Gun Show and Fresno Shoot

Started by Jules, September 15, 2010, 07:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jules

Hey Instrucors/IIT's: you have an opportunity to preserve Liberty and Freedom for your Posterity......

Sep 25-26 Sacramento, Cal Expo Center, McMann's Roadrunner 602-843-5303

Dave ( Antibubba on the forum) said he will set everything up and have the table ready. He is unable to be there Sat, and would like help on Sunday. We need the help to generate a full line in Sacramento in October. You don't want me to SBIT for an empty line, now do ya?  ~~:)

Freno CA:  Romeo's Hero has 25 pre registered for this coming weekend, and there are typically some walk on's. Only 3 IIT's signed up so far, and one is only available Sunday( or Sat, I had a brain fart)  Fresno is a great range, and the board LOVES Appleseed. Their crew always come out and have lunch at a reasonable price, and there is camping available. ( nice covered area, electrical, and a clean bathroom.( Hey, I have my issues)
Please contact Instructor Scheduling ASAP and PM Juliette and tell her you can help out.

Thanks a bunch,

Scrappy Jules
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Jules

Quote from: Jules on September 15, 2010, 07:37:32 PM
Hey Instrucors/IIT's: you have an opportunity to preserve Liberty and Freedom for your Posterity......

Dave ( Antibubba on the forum) said he will set everything up and have the table ready. He is unable to be there Sat, and would like help on Sunday. We need the help to generate a full line in Sacramento in October. You don't want me to SBIT for an empty line, now do ya?  ~~:)

[/quote

I need some folks in the area to step up and help us here. Rod and I have a grand daughter's birthday to go to. WE CAN'T BE THERE. I know who you are and where you live. Get off the couch and help!

Julie

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Jules

Quote from: Jules on September 18, 2010, 03:23:44 AM
Quote from: Jules on September 15, 2010, 07:37:32 PM

[/quote

I need some folks in the area to step up and help us here. Rod and I have a grand daughter's birthday to go to. WE CAN'T BE THERE. I know who you are and where you live.

Julie

Second Request!!!! Guns Shows Rock! We need your help!

Julie

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Antibubba

Seriously, if I can't get any help for Saturday, I won't be there Sunday either.  Saturday is the busier day, and this is the first Sacramento show since June.  With the ammo ban approaching I expect a lot of people in attendance.  I'm not going to set up the table and have everything sit there unattended until Sunday.

To get set up I need to be at Cal Expo by 5 pm, so I need to know by 3 pm if you can commit to Saturday.  Or any part of Saturday.  From 9 to 1:00 pm, say.
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

Antibubba

No replies, no PMs, so it looks like Appleseed will sit this show out. 

This is very discouraging.  For the first time I have to wonder if AS is the right place for me, or if maybe this isn't the time for me to be doing this.  Maybe AS needs to miss its goal of doubling every year before it takes non-shooting jobs seriously.  BD and Jules have been amazingly supportive, but they're working 50 times harder than I do--they shouldn't even have to consider showing up for a gun show.

Everyone wants to shoot, and to earn their patch.  Everyone who takes a hat wants to be on the line, to tell the History, and to be Seen Doing More.  As one or two people might have mentioned in the past, Appleseed isn't about the shooting.  The Seventh Step--

Never mind.  You folks already know what I'm going to say.
A rifle cannot win a war; it is just a tool.  Wars are fought and won in the hearts and minds of the people.

eaglescouter

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

Antibubba

Eaglescouter, you know full well I'm not addressing this to the two of you.  You're running shoots in Red Bluff, and taking us to the Oregon border!  I'm talking to the Orange Hats, and the new Riflemen.  Shoot Bosses already have a helluva lot on their plates.  I'd love to get a Red Hat or two to a show, but that would be a bonus.  We can't keep saying that the Seventh Step "isn't about shooting", then turn around to our new IITs and not expect--require--that running the machine isn't expected of them. 

I'm proud to be waking up Americans, but is it unreasonable to expect just one other volunteer on each day?  I'd like to go to the restroom or get a cup of coffee without feeling I might have missed someone.  Working a show is an incredible opportunity that our newest volunteers shouldn't miss.  And it's a job that has to get done.  And it isn't getting done.  It's time to make attending gun shows a mandatory part of taking that hat.  If you can't be bothered to talk to gun owners about Appleseed, how can we trust you to see your line training through?

Jules

Quote from: Antibubba on September 25, 2010, 11:08:23 PM

I'm proud to be waking up Americans, but is it unreasonable to expect just one other volunteer on each day?  I'd like to go to the restroom or get a cup of coffee without feeling I might have missed someone.  Working a show is an incredible opportunity that our newest volunteers shouldn't miss.  And it's a job that has to get done.  And it isn't getting done.  It's time to make attending gun shows a mandatory part of taking that hat.  If you can't be bothered to talk to gun owners about Appleseed, how can we trust you to see your line training through?

AB,

This is a volunteer organization. We each have a niche in where we can effectively participate in Appleseed. If you are available to work gun shows in your area, work gun shows in your area. If you are alone working a gun show, take necessary breaks, cover up any rifles, leave fliers for taking, and ask the table next to you to keep a general eye peeled while you are gone. I have worked a table alone. We can only do what we are capable of, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. When I request help at events here at Sac Valley, I take whoever volunteers. I have no way of knowing each individual's personal life or other demands on their time and energy. In short, it is none of my business. I can invite, request, and encourage. I will get resentment, resignation, and fall out if I demand or guilt and duty volunteers.

We appreciate all you can do. Do what you can in the area you are available for, and let the rest go. It is not worth getting upset over.

Jules

- Eleanor Roosevelt