News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Toccoa, GA Sept. 11-12, 2010

Started by Deadeye, September 14, 2010, 04:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deadeye

Thanks to all the shooters and instructors who turned out!
We had unusually temperate weather for a shoot at this location. I don't have the final tallies for attendance or Riflemen, I'm sure that Freidenmeister or Sanderman79 will be along to post that information soon.

Special thanks to cswhitifeld, who stepped up to help out when we thought we were going to be shorthanded!

Shooters, post your thoughts here! If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to send me a private message on this forum. Thanks!
Dave

Doug Carlton

Thank you Appleseed Volunteer Instructors! The Scouts were treated to some one-on-one instruction from 2 of the best, Flathead and Franklinfarmer. Lifelong memories were made this weekend, the lessons on self reliance and citizenship struck home as we debated liberty vs freedom for nearly the whole hour back.

I appreciate you men pouring yourselves into us. You cast a large shadow.

a cook no more,

DC

Is enforcing the latest bit of bureaucratic insolence really worth anyone's life?

friedenmeister

Hi guys,

This was a terrific weekend in Toccoa. The weather wasn't nearly as hot as usual but it still got a bit warm. We had a full line for sure both days and even managed to squeeze out two riflemen. Congrats to all the shooters, riflemen in particular, and the instructors who braved the field as well..

If you guys want to get in touch with me, feel free to send a PM. I met some great people this weekend, particularly around the discussion circle on Friday and Saturday nights.

My special thanks also goes out to the Scouts' parents. Without children, shooting will surely perish, so we need you guys to keep bringing the kids back.

Til soon,

Sean
"Aggressive wars, income taxes, national IDs, domestic spying, torture regimes, secret prisons, Federal Reserve manipulation -- we don't have to take it anymore." -- Ron Paul

cswhitfield

FranklinFarmer, Sanderman79 and ColBarrett told me I should try to make it to Toccoa.  I'm glad I listened.  The weekend was GREAT.  It was interesting to see things from the "other side of the line" although I think I was snookered by Sanderman.  I think he knew if I put on the Orange Hat I would not want to take it off.  Guess I should get a real forum name now.  Thank you for having confidence in me.  The whole weekend was great but highlights were watching two youngsters steadily impove all day Sat. going from 5 gallon bucket size groups to 3"-1.5" groups, the "campfire" discussions and the presentations Sunday morning.  The "Philosophy" given Sunday morning was worth the "price of admission" by itself.

I'm not going to try and name everyone because I'll probably leave someone out but many thanks to you all!  You are a heck of a team and run a great Appleseed!

Craig
... what counts ... is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our bursts nor the smoke we make.  ... it is the hits that count.

scgyra

I really had a great time this last weekend.  I really enjoyed the talks around the camp candle and learned an awful lot about shooting and other things.  Griffin really enjoyed the weekend also, and I hope he learned something at the same time.  If anyone wants to reach me feel free to PM me also.  I just need to figure out which one I can attend next.........

franklinfarmer

Let's see if this works.  Here is a picture of Alex shooting offhand.

It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

--Wendell Berry, "The Loss of the Future" in The Long-Legged House  (1969)

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

franklinfarmer

Well, that was a big big picture of Alex shooting offhand.  Let me see if I can figure out how to make these things smaller.  OK, I made it smaller.  If anyone wants the big version (for promo stuff), I believe we have permission to use it.
It is certain, I think, that the best government is the one that governs least. But there is a much-neglected corollary: the best citizen is the one who least needs governing. The answer to big government is not private freedom, but private responsibility.

The problem is not Democrats.  The problem is Republicans who lack the intellectual clarity to become libertarians and libertarians who lack the physical discipline to become riflemen.  ---Kenneth Royce

franklinfarmer

The advantage, I suppose, is that you can score the target.

franklinfarmer

franklinfarmer