News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Announcing Indiana's SCIT (State Coordinator In Training): YellowHouseJake!

Started by techres, September 14, 2010, 11:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techres

Announcing Indiana's SCIT (State Coordinator In Training): YellowHouseJake!

Help me in thanking the man who is taking on the reigns of the great state of Indiana.  YellowHouseJake has gone from being that strange guy who stopped by a seed to see what we were about to being the hunter and gatherer of ranges throughout our state.  He is not a guy who likes the flashy, but is one who spends his time getting things done and checking them off of the list.

And because of that, I have accomplished one of the hardest goals of any State Coordinator: find the guy who can do the job better than you and get out of his way.  

So as of this moment YHJ is officially the SCIT of Indiana and as soon as the locks are ready to be changed on the door, he will become the SC and I will do all I can to support him.  I expect all of the workers and instructors in Indiana to do the same.  He is a hard charger, shoot boss, instructor and last but not least - husband of the AppleCore Inventor & Director (if Niecie likes him then he must be good!), and in doing so he has earned my respect and friendship.  

We will announce the final handoff just as soon as the transfer of tasks is completed and are ready to go.  In the mean time, please include both of us in any SC PM's & emails so that we can coordinate.  For the most part, not too much will change - except for the historically unmatched number of new shoots to staff, the historically new level of promotions activity in the state and region, and the newly planned and implemented programs like AppleCore.  

The future is ours, and soon YHJ will lead our way.

Finally, a personal thanks from me to YHJ and all of the Indiana staff.  This is a hard job that I accepted from Hawkhavn.  I don't intend to complain about it because the rewards far outweigh the burden.  But it is no easy task.  YHJ is intimately aware of what he is signing up for and took the job anyways.  My thanks to him.  At the same time he has a great program that is well staffed, well organized, and growing fast to support him.   None of us could do it without all of you.

So, thanks again, we will keep everyone updated, and now it is time to get back to work...   ~~:)  ;)

Techres
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

Rimshot

Woo Hoo!   ^:)^ ..:.. ^:)^ :bow: Congrats YHJ! I'll always be able to say I knew you when...

And Techres, any special plans in your future? Moving up to the corner office and company car?
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

DHolder

Congratulations YHJ,  O0 The things you have done this summer for Appleseed have been remarkable to say the least.  :bow:  The commitment you have made to the project is inspirational, and I'm sure the founding fathers are smiling down on you for your efforts.  @)

You have my commitment, to support you in leading the charge. When your efforts start to bear fruit, the state of Indiana will be in the forfront, leading the way to awakening this sleeping giant. Thanks for the time and work you put in, I know for you, it's a labor of love, I hope the enthusiasium you show, will be contagious and inspire many more to follow. 

Mudcat

Congratulations YHJ! But even more so Congratulations Indiana we will continue to be in good hands.

Indiana should feel very lucky toi have had a SC like Techres over the last several months, he has done a great job in bringing IN. along with the changes being implemented and working on a National level. Techres has also helped me greatly as KY. SC. if by nothing more than words of confidence and advice along the way. For some reason I think we will still be seeing a lot of Techres around the Apple Tree.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

TBE

Congratulations YHJ!  I figured this was going on.  A guy can't do that much work and not get caught.

Thank you to Techres.  I look forward to seeing more of you on the talky box.    
Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.  General Washington, July 2, 1776

ATM

You guys are doing so much for Indiana and the national program, congrats to both!

You have my support and thanks for your continuing passion and sacrifices.

See you soon!
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

AuntieBellum

Congratulations, YHJ!  I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job, just as techres has.  Keep up the great work, both of you!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

yellowhousejake

I very much appreciate the votes of confidence. I will try to do my best, keeping in mind the goal we need to reach and how best to get there. I am in this for the long haul as short term fuzzies don't do much for me, I fully expect to be calling the line in ten years. The idea is to build a program in Indiana that gets a little bit better every year, a little bit stronger with every new individual, and a little bit bigger with every shoot. 

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

How do you save a country? One American at a time.

Enough with the goofy talk.

I have big shoes to fill but fear not, I have a few ideas for 2011. Let's not make any plans for the Patriot's Day event weekend, I have great surprises in store. Everyone is going to want to be there.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

DaveD

Congratulations YHJ!

Plus a mighty thank you to both of you for your dedication and energy.  Please also pass on to your wives a well deserved Thank You ,for that dedication has to have a helper O0

DD
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

SPQR

There goes the neighborhood...

TBE is right.  You should have invented a disguise or something.  You should have taken a page from Claudius.  He acted like a loon to prevent being purged by the Emperors Tiberius and Caligula.  It was only after Caligula was murdered that he took control and acted like the heartless ruler he was....wait a second.   ;D

"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

yellowhousejake

Quote from: SPQR on September 17, 2010, 02:35:27 PM
There goes the neighborhood...

TBE is right.  You should have invented a disguise or something.  You should have taken a page from Claudius.  He acted like a loon to prevent being purged by the Emperors Tiberius and Caligula.  It was only after Caligula was murdered that he took control and acted like the heartless ruler he was....wait a second.   ;D

^-^
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ