News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Knob Creek Sept 11 - 12, 2010

Started by kentuckyjam, September 13, 2010, 08:15:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentuckyjam

What a beautiful weekend.  It threatened a down pour all day Saturday, but the sun won out.  We had a long line on Saturday and several of those folks come out on Sunday.  Thanks to all the instructors, we had a nice large crew that made the weekend fun and packed full of learning! 

Congratulations to the Riflemen!!  Unbridled Liberty, DoubleShock, and Jayme (no screen name yet).  The rest of the pics will follow...

OH, and Jayme got a 210!!

Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

Mudcat

Here are some more pics.

Saturday morning getting started.

A little  seated instruction.

A little seated shooting. Unbridled Liberty.

A little prone with Luke.

The Scheff family.

A few centerfires were around.

A little IMC old school style.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Mudcat

Doubleshock getting a little help.

Another of Jayme getting a little wet.

Riflegirl shooting the Garand  check out the en-bloc clip and brass

Biogranny doing the same got the brass and clip again.

Was a great weekend with friends old and new. Lots of great attitudes willing to learn and taking a little different perspective about where we come from home with them.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

kentuckyjam

Let me apologize for not getting more shooter pics on Saturday.  We had alot of Saturday only shooters and we had alot going on...like shooting.  :~
On Sunday, the instructors got to have some fun,too.  Check out BioGranny below.  
"It's not everyday you see a 15 year old shoot a Garand and then her granny does." - Brad.

Josh

Jay

Brian

Andrew

DoubleShock

Unbridled Liberty

Son of Liberty

Larry

Josh H

Jayme

Brian

BioGranny looking on

KI

Historic IMC

BioGranny giving review on Sunday

Look at that form

Grass at Knob Creek and lots of it!!

Unique IMC

BioGranny on the Garand!

A little history...with a not so historical clipboard  :-[

The Wedding Portrait that never was
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

BUFF_dragon

This was my first Appleseed shoot, it was GREAT!!!
I learned a ton and am a better shot for it.  Unfortunately one of the things that I learned is that my rifle walks left as it heats up (a little up and down, but mainly left).  Thanks to Mudcat I was able to finish the second day with a 22LR and my groups tightened up, just not enough to get the patch.
I'm looking forward to expanding Appleseed in my area.

This is Josh H by the way

son of liberty

It was a blast as always, brad ran a great shoot. My first as a IIT , was a great experience. I hope that the shooters return and have another go at makeing that 211 mark...HEHEHE. Thanks for haveing me and it was great meet all of ya.

KI4URW

I know everyone there was capable of making rifleman, some of the shooting by the end of the first day really suprised me. It was just a matter of getting through an AQT without any equiptment problems or mistakes.

This was my first time at an Appleseed as an IIT and I had a good time.

Thanks to everyone for coming out.