News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Alliance NE, Sept 11+12

Started by Whisker, September 13, 2010, 12:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whisker

Thanks all for attending Nebraska's Biggest Appleseed!  Held wayyy out in Alliance, NE.  I felt this appleseed was a great success, for many reasons.

First, over twenty shooters, ranging from 4hers to hunters to law enforcement.  By the end of the weekend, 6 riflemen were made.  Two more were a few AQTs away from the rifleman score. 

This was a great facility, the 25m line was wide enough for forty shooters, and there is no reason why we can't pack it next time.  Also, with a little more planning, we may have access to the nearby 1000 yard range??  I smell Rifleman Boot Camp Nebraska. 

Also, students received copies of the Becoming Riflemen manual.  (Found in "resources" for youse instructors).

All in all, great shoot. 

Shooters- Chime in below and tell us what you think!  If you received a patch, consider coming to another one.  The equation is as such: 2 Appleseeds +1 Rifleman Score = Orange Hat.  A noble equation.

Instructors- Gibbs, and Alex had a modest drive over for such a rewarding Appleseed.  Thanks guys!  Bixby- welcome to the hatted corps.  All your work in promotion really paid off!  Thanks for getting us the range too.

It'll be great to see this happen again, and it seemed very likely we'll be back.

What brings together men liberated from local and national limitations is also what keeps them apart. What pushes for greater rationality is also what nourishes the irrationality of hierarchical exploitation and repression.  What creates society's abstract power also creates its concrete unfreedom.

sparks1

O0 O0    Over 25% made rifleman? Good instruction and the putting to use of it by shooters. Obviously a teachable attitude was brought by all.

Way to go Nebraska. A RBC would be great...heck, just shooting distance is good.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

bixby

We had a good number of shooters and a great willingness to learn. Thanks to the Alliance Rifle Club for the venue, hope that we can use it in the future. Life is a learning process and being my first shoot under an orange hat I got a lot to learn. I enjoyed the efforts put forth by everyone from instructors traveling the distances to the young shooters we had that kind of played out early but were there to give Appleseed a try.  I know that word will spread from the positive experiences the shooters had and the numbers will grow. Any weekend spent helping people learn the skills of marksmanship is time well spent.   

zombiehunter

Nice work guys; awesome job!  O0

Congrats and welcome to the NE Instructor Corps, bixby!  There's an Instructor Boot Camp waaaaaay over here on the other side of the state this weekend in Lincoln.  Here's the tread with info and registration info: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13542.25.  I know it's about a day's haul from Alliance, but if you're not doing anything, you should mount up and come join us.   >:D
Join the Nebraska Firearms Owners Association! http://www.nebraskafirearms.org/