News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WW2 Marksmanship Course Sept 18th 2010

Started by wildman, September 12, 2010, 10:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

The time has come for the annual WW2 Marksmanship Course. We will get started at 10:00 hours. You'll want to bring at least a 100 rounds. The course of fire will take about 40 rounds plus zero rounds.

Bring your WW2 rifle if you got one as always any rifle welcome.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

Koma

hawkeye

That will be a first. Never seen one on the range.See you there!
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Koma

Once again a big THANK YOU to all who set up, run, and take down this unique shooting event.

Bonden

Great event guys!  Thanks for setting it up.  See you in October!

hawkeye

What a great weekend for a shoot!  The Kid out shot everyone there by a good margin, the 1903a3's ruled the day. I can't tell you how good it makes me feel to see the young shooters do so well. I should have closed my eyes and shot I would have done better, oh well there's next month. Thank you guys for the help getting the target machines up too.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Law man

Another great Field Shoot, it was good to see so many 03 A3s on the line. Had fun with the watermelon and cant wait to shoot some pumpkins. Thanks Joe for setting up and running the shoot.
My Dad's a Drill Sargent, I can't help the way that I am.

wildman

Congratulations to "The Kid" for a demonstration on how it's done right. Lawson also did very well, hand salute to you sir. 
I need to be the one saying thank you. You guys that suit up and show up are keeping this going. Life would not be the same without field shooting.
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

ksuguy

That looks fun.   Maybe we can do that here in Kansas if we ever get a good place designated for a KD range.   

wildman

You don't have to have pop-up machines. Properly designed steel targets would work. You need to have targets that you can see move when you hit them as well as a nice popping sound. We have thought about using steel and may do so in the future. Maybe one day we will get caught up on the range improvements and then have time to build some.  The targets need to be "man size" which is 14x22 with a head area of 6x9. That ends up being a pretty big chuck of steel.