News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Castle Rock Wa sept 11 th 12 th 2010

Started by Wade, September 12, 2010, 09:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wade

Quickly (says wife)
6 new Riflemen I new IIT, more knocking on the door.

Wade

(Modifide) ok so thats 6 out what 25 shooters ,,,thats what about 20 % ?  3 the first day 3 on sunday.

All had fun near as I can tell we even got's to shoot the TV and couch (target that is ) sent to us by our brothers from IL  O0 .

Wade
Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Earl

Hmm, not stating it too proudly, y'all didn't miss me did you? No pictures yet and not enough chiming in. ::)

BUT, I do know you did a great job, both from Wade's posting (a man of few words but many targets engaged and miles driven) and this that I found lonely on the Washington board - http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16779.0 he didn't find the AAR, but he was really happy to write it down, works for me. :) Good job! RL, Wade, LTE, 06en. 

Now, before you get involved in moving to Oregon, RL, get the paperwork done for this Appleseed and off to National. Thanks for your excellent SB and instructor talents, really. Looking forward to working with y'all again O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Wade

I made sure  some one (me ) kept saying Quickly shooters Quickly  a few heads turned looking for Earl.
Saftey was kept up and at the other end of the line a 10/22 had an out of battery fire? :o, 06en O0  had been on the ball and made sure shooters at that end of the line where wearing saftey glass's (note said shooter stated "would have forgot them otherwise" ) smoke and debris went into the shooter face NO INJURY'S , this was from a brand new 10/22 ...we will see how Ruger make's this right  note this is the first time I have heard of such a thing from Ruger let alone been there when it happened.

Wade
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

Dan in OR

Congratulations to all who earned their Rifleman patch this weekend. Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!
I wish I could have been there on Sunday to congratulate everyone in person.

Thanks to Wade, RL, Cliff and Brian for what you do, and to all the patriots in attendance for making it worth their time and effort.

06en

Correction: 3 new Riflemen from Saturday and pics of 4 from Sunday >TOTAL 7 ...waiting on RL for confirmation

No better place to be on any weekend other than another Appleseed. Lots of great strides where made by all who came. Great work and attitudes from all the the young shooters who came.

Didn't have a camera on Saturday, so we didn't get pics of our first 3 new Riflemen. I have to admit it wasn't even on my mind to bring one until I discovered that Earl wasn't there. I did return home (I know I'm nutty) after the Saturday shoot and made it a point to make sure I did bring a camera.

Yes Wade I would call it an out of battery fire for sure. The extractor was blown out and lost but spring, plunger and the crushed ruptured case were recovered. Scarey thing for all of us and especially Heidi the shooter.

Now for pictures.

DaveW

HERE you guys are!  I posted elsewhere but wanted to say thank you to RL, Wade and our IITs for the great job they did!  Sure do appreciate the time and sacrifices you guys give to us and to the betterment of this country. Thanks guys!

I had a great time and look forward to making Rifleman so I can claim that orange hat one day....one day....

Congrats to the new Riflemen of Castle Rock and all over the nation this past weekend!  Hoozaah!!

Dave
"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

"Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God." ~Thomas Jefferson

RL

7 Riflemen. Way to go. Thank you everyone for coming. I am sure I will do my paperwork...after I move. Wade informs me that I left in such a hurry that I left my LTR behind...yikes...probably right next to that watch I couldn't find.
...and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people.
John Adams, from the Boston Gazette, February 6, 1775

We live, my dear soul, in an age of trial. What will be the consequence, I know not.
John Adams in a letter to Abigail, 1774.

TruTenacity

Looks like another fine shoot out west.  Good job all.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

Reformed Redneck

Good to see this fine report. Pictures too! Thanks for the info on the out of battery discharge. Safety glasses are indispensable.

RL, you're finally making the move? Good for you!

Best regards,
Reformed Redneck
I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the chains.

"...Of Zebulon, such as went forth to battle, expert in war, with all instruments of war...which could keep rank: they were not of double heart..."

Ranger Rick

Thanks RL, Wade, O6en, and Cliff for the excellent instruction and great inspirational history lesson.  We all need to be knowledgeable of our history to honor those who have sacrificed so much so for us!  I will be back to more Appleseeds and next time I will bring new faces.  Here are a few pictures.  Since I was shooting and attempting to qualify for Rifleman, I did not get any action shots.  Huzzah!

Wade

Quote from: RL on September 13, 2010, 11:18:51 PM
7 Riflemen. Way to go. Thank you everyone for coming. I am sure I will do my paperwork...after I move. Wade informs me that I left in such a hurry that I left my LTR behind...yikes...probably right next to that watch I couldn't find.
Dang I tought it was A Range donation :D ..:..

tis ok RL I know you had a VERY busy weekend and alot of moving to do  it will be safe here ,,,might have a few more rounds thure it heck it might even get (gasp) cleaned  ??? :o.

Wade
WOOF!

Ducko

To RL, Wade, LTR, 06en, and shooters,
Congrats to the seven new riflemen (Huzah!), it's a testament to the excellent instruction crew up there, sorry to miss everyone, but we had good shoot down at Eagle Creek, with many more to come.
Ducko
Don't wait, go to the sound of the rifles and get involved! 

We are not to expect to be transported from despotism to Liberty in a feather bed!
Thomas Jefferson

Wade

Quote from: Ducko on September 14, 2010, 02:06:54 PM
To RL, Wade, LTR, 06en, and shooters,
Congrats to the seven new riflemen (Huzah!), it's a testament to the excellent instruction crew up there, sorry to miss everyone, but we had good shoot down at Eagle Creek, with many more to come.
Ducko
Ducko You would have been missed more at Eagle creek had you not gone there  O0 Thank you for stepping up for that .

Wade
WOOF!