News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Welcome Wooster, OH as a New Appleseed Host Range for Nov 6-7

Started by MeanStreaker, September 09, 2010, 11:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeanStreaker

Thanks to the tireless work of Tube Sniper, I'm happy to announce the inaugural Appleseed event at the Brokenlock Longrifle Gun Club near Wooster, OH on Nov 6-7.

This is going to be a good one! 

^:)^
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Hoover

Way to go Tube Sniper!  The club pics look great and a nice location as well.

KAH

TS:
Great looking facility.  I am excited to get to an event there.  Thanks for your hard work in bringing this club on board.

kah

p.s. they have done a nice job of including the Appleseed information on their website.  Will they put a link to RWVA?
"We are in reality common Americans teaching our fellow common Americans to shoot uncommonly well. In addition we teach them their heritage." TaosGlock quoting SamD

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

abizdafuzz

Hi all, I just joined because this is my home range and I'm excited to give an Appleseed a try. I am wondering when the registration will be opened for this event because I don't want to miss this one being around home. Thanks.

Gordon

Abidafuzz, welcome to the forums.

I've been wondering the same thing re. the paperwork for the new range (your range --- great!). I don't kngeow if you're aware of it but there's a huge event, an Appleseed with something like 300 shooters and 50 staff, happening this weekend out in Illinois. A lot of the Ohio people are going, and also a lot of the "national" folks who take care of stuff like getting new ranges on line for registration. So there might be a delay, I don't know.

But don't worry! The people who do that stuff are generally pretty efficient. It'll get done, and soon, I know it.

Whether I'll be at the innaugural Wooster event in Novemer or not, I look forward to making it out there eventually, and meeting you.

-Fuzzymath.

PS: How do you pronounce that screen-name, something like, "I be dah Fuzz"?  :cool2:

abizdafuzz

Fuzzy, thanks.

I have heard of the big event and kind of forgot that it was right now. I understand people being vusy and there is no rush, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss the boat on this.

I hope to meet some new people though this event and start on a long journey if it leads that way.

PS- Its just something that some friends made up back in Jr. High that doesn't mean anything really but its pronounced..."Abiz-da-fuzz" :)

MeanStreaker

The Registration link is now live!  O0

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16749.0

It usually takes a few days for our well-oiled Admin team to complete all of their tasks that keep the registrations running so smoothly.  We're good to go and I can't wait for this event!

abizdufuzz, I look forward to meeting you.  Let us know if you have any questions.
--Thomas Paine

abizdafuzz

All signed up, and other than a few small things like a sling, maybe extra mags, and some practice I'm ready for the experience.

I guess my only question is...I have a Savage 93R17 TR with scope (set up as a trainer for my .308) and an old Westernfield 22LR semi that's tube fed. Are either of those ok for the shoot or do I need to try and use my S&W MP15-22 that does not group well and shoots way off to the left (lots of issues with this one)??

MeanStreaker

You can pick up a sling cheap (at our cost) in the Appleseed store off of the main webpage:  http://www.appleseedstore.flyingcart.com/

I would HIGHLY recommend having one for the event.

In regards to the rifle choice... do you know what's wrong with the M&P?  Have you had it checked out?  Would the sights be the problem with grouping way to the left... or are there mechanical difficulties like a faulty barrel or something?  I guess what I'm politely trying to ask :)  is if your standard of accuracy with other rifles proves the M&P is jacked up... or if maybe just some time working on the fundamentals will help tighten up groups and get on paper?

Between the other two choices, I think you'll be happiest with the semi-auto.  There's nothing wrong with working a bolt action, but a semi-auto makes things easier!
--Thomas Paine

abizdafuzz

I think its the gun either sights or barrel. The windage is all but maxed out to one side inorder to bring it close to center of the target and my real AR is dead on with its irons. I'm sure I need some help but since its my only one thats that far off I think its something mechanical. If I knew more about it and had the tools I would re-seat the barrel and try different sights but we'll see. Since I only live 7 mins. from the range I can bring it with me along with the others.

MrHappy

Looks like fun and it's hardly any drive at all!!!
I just signed up as IIT for it.
See you there.
MrH :cool2:
Give me Liberty or give me Death
Slaves don't dream of being free. Slaves dream of being Masters ~ August Stetten

WY_Not

Just sent a PM to "Instructor Scheduling" for this one.

Anyone up for splitting a camp site at one of the nearby campgrounds?

Joseph
aka WY_Not IIT2
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

MeanStreaker

Folks, pre-regs look pretty low for this new location.  Beg, plead, and drag whoever you can.  It's going to be a great event!
--Thomas Paine

LindaFromAppleCreek

Is there a promotional flyer I can print out and distribute to the gun shop in Kidron, Dick's in Wooster, and wherever else I can think of?
aka Mustang380gal

MrHappy

How are the numbers looking for Wooster Nov 6-7? Just wondering how many donuts to bring.  >:D
Give me Liberty or give me Death
Slaves don't dream of being free. Slaves dream of being Masters ~ August Stetten

posterboy

Quote from: MrHappy on October 27, 2010, 03:28:16 PM
How are the numbers looking for Wooster Nov 6-7? Just wondering how many donuts to bring.  >:D

Doughnuts......... :bow:

I see 10 on the pre reg list so far.....plus like a buzzillion IIT's

Shooters.....If you want to come to an event and have individual attention ....and doughnuts sign up now for this one !  :---

WY_Not

Forget the donuts. Bring hot coffee and hot chocolate.  ;D
Joseph
aka WY_Not (IIT3)

Birdman

MeanStreaker

Outstanding!  That's a huge jump in pre-regs in a very short time!  Congratulations to everyone who went out, hung fliers, and spread the word!!!
--Thomas Paine

abizdafuzz

Today was great!!! We all learned alot and seemed to have a good time. I even recieved a new piece of gear  O0, can't wait till tomorrow to practice some more.