News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

interest in Long Island AHA CPR/AED/FIRST AID CERTIFICATION at %80-90 discount?

Started by citation04, September 09, 2010, 09:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

citation04

Hey,

I am a NYS EMT, appleseed shooter as well as a BLS/ACLS Instructor. I teach a variety of classes all the time from the basic American Heart Association "Heartsaver/AED" class, up through Basic life support which may include Pediatrics and first aid, various renewal classes all the way up to Advanced life support which is generally taught to hospital staff mainly Doctors and Nurses. The majority of these classes, generally cost 80-130 dollars when normall taught .

Given my current situation and access to all training materials and literature, and my desire to see Appleseed become both as safe as possible and continue to grow,  I can likely offer any one of these classes to all appleseed instructors and/or participants and even family for an extremely (read: literally %85-90 off) discounted fee. Basically nothing more than the cost of the AHA card which shows that you have been certified ($5) and $10-20 for important literature and take home info.

I can also provide pocket face masks and face shields for below hospital cost and also arrange to have an AED present for any shoot that I am available for.

I am located in the Jericho/Syosset area (exit 40 LIE) and would be happy to set up one or more classes for any of those who may be interested.

If so please contact me via PM or by email at citation04@gmail.com.

Thanks,
-Jeremy S
"Whenever there is any doubt, there is no doubt. That's the first thing they teach you."

nyrasgt

JS/CO4,
    Nice offer; can do/offer same for Albany-north/Vermont/NH folks...co-instructor/paramedic and I offer AHA CPR/AED/First Aid to clubs and other groups for same cost of card...$4-5 per person, just 'cause so worthwhile to have everyone trained.  I also work/instruct @ NYRA Security @ Saratoga Race Track, where this season we had 3 full arrests and converted all 3 w. on-site AEDs.  Also have a source for USED AEDs that local clubs can obtain for the cost of new batteries and pads (appx. $150...way less than new $1000+).  Better to have and not need than need and not have...
   An easy way for anti-es to close ranges is to insist that, even though clubs may be private, they all need to have AEDs and trained folks to operate them, at the individual club's expense - which has been the rule/law in NYS in all schools and public facilities.
Excelsior,
mad
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846