News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Virtual 7th stepping: Facebook and Twitter

Started by spitstickler, September 09, 2010, 06:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitstickler

The Texas Appleseed Facebook page is finally set up. This is a great way to spread the word about Appleseed and all it requires is one little click.  O0

To get it started, please visit http://www.facebook.com/AppleseedTexas and click on the "Like" button to share this on your page. Then all your friends will see it, and hopefully they'll like it too.

For those of you that Twitter, you can follow the program here as well. Just follow us @AppleseedTexas

...and while you're at it you should go ahead and follow Scout @AppleseedRadio. I'm sure he would appreciate that.

Thanks for your help!
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

spitstickler

Give a shout out here when you sign up. We're already getting folks on board, but only a few from Texas. I know we can do better and this will probably be the easiest 7th stepping you can ever do.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

doubleLL

The virtual 7th stepping can reach ALOT of folks. Spitstickler has been working double time  :bow: - take a look at the Appleseed table that Spitstickler manned this weekend at the DIVA-WOW Fall Clinic!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=5774663&id=365883406770&ref=fbx_album

Spitstickler must have a sore throat- just looking at how many ladies, children, and men were there!! The place was mobbed.   ^:)^  GREAT work Spitstickler!  :~  :~  :~  :~

"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

plinker

Quote from: doubleLL on September 27, 2010, 10:20:18 AM
The virtual 7th stepping can reach ALOT of folks. Spitstickler has been working double time  :bow: - take a look at the Appleseed table that Spitstickler manned this weekend at the DIVA-WOW Fall Clinic!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=5774663&id=365883406770&ref=fbx_album

Spitstickler must have a sore throat- just looking at how many ladies, children, and men were there!! The place was mobbed.   ^:)^  GREAT work Spitstickler!  :~  :~  :~  :~

doubleLL,

I'm so glad ya'll had a table at our clinic this weekend!  I didn't have much time to speak with Spitstickler because I spent the entire day at the rifle range, but I did manage to go over and shake his hand when I took a break for lunch.  We had 150 women signed up for the clinic and only 25 no shows which is pretty good because it poured down rain for most of the first half of the day.  I had no complaints from anybody, but saw lots of smiles on new shooters faces when they finished shooting and came back to show me their targets!  Makes being a volunteer very worthwhile!

It's my understanding that the Oct. 2-3rd AS is full, and Spitstickler mentioned that a Nov. AS is in the works.  Congrats on both of these!  Looking forward to our Diva sponsored AS next March!

(By the way, there is a really nice review of one of the Appleseed shoots on the Women&Guns discussion board this morning)

Scout

I have been pushing this for a couple of years now and while I have resisted becoming part of a "social network" I have come to the realization that this is where most folks get their info every morning and evening. If that is the case (and it is) we need to be right where they are looking. Kirk has been working hard to get us on track for this. Kirk and Aaron are working out the details to link all of us up and also to link in the Texas website.

Please take the time to get a twitter account and a facebook account and then get with Kirk and Aaqron to get yourselves linked into the Texas web of accounts. We are working on getting the whole system linked up with several other major websites which will end up directiing folks to us in order to get them rifle instruction and direct them to events.
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

JustJeff

Another thing to consider is creating  "events" on your Facebook page listing the dates/locations of the shoots you will be participating in.  Once you've created the "event," make sure you create the 'guest list' by sending invitations to ALL of your Facebook friends (even those not in the geographic area, because you're linking the Appleseed site as well).  Here's an example:  http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=157608354260125
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.