News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Election Signs and DARs

Started by Scout, September 08, 2010, 11:25:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

We have the elections coming in a couple of months. I am sure you have started seeing the signs for candidates already. Along with making sure you vote, I want to remind you guys that once the elections are over, we need those signs for target backers at all of the DARs. They are also good for all of you Shoot Bosses to have a stack of so that if you have to go to a new range and the target backer issue is iffy, you can load 30/40 of these in your vehicle without much trouble to take with you.

Do not start gathering them until after the elections though. That is ilegal. Also it is best to ask first, but after the elections most folks have to hire people to go out and take them down and throw them away, so I am sure it will be no problem. We are in great need of them here in Davilla. If you have any of these signs, or if you have some plywood you are no longer using or anythig you think might work for target backers, please send me a pm so we can get them here and replace the worn out ones we are currently using. I bought 50 sheets of 4X8 plywood three years ago to start running the events, but they are done. I then bought 100 sheets of 4X4 pressed board and those are now gone also. So anything you guys can come up with will be a big help. Thanks
Scout 
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Quote from: Scout on September 08, 2010, 11:25:07 PMDo not start gathering them until after the elections though. That is ilegal.

Rats. I thought it was no gathering signs while anyone is watching. I'll just have to be patient.  ;)
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Reddot

That would be a technique.  Remember the old army addage, "if ya ain't cheatin', ya ain't tryin', and if you get caught, you weren't tryin' hard enough"....  ~~:) ???

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on September 10, 2010, 04:28:43 PM
Quote from: Scout on September 08, 2010, 11:25:07 PMDo not start gathering them until after the elections though. That is ilegal.

Rats. I thought it was no gathering signs while anyone is watching. I'll just have to be patient.  ;)

olfart

Quote from: Scout on September 08, 2010, 11:25:07 PM
Do not start gathering them until after the elections though. That is ilegal. Also it is best to ask first, but after the elections most folks have to hire people to go out and take them down and throw them away, so I am sure it will be no problem.

Actually you MUST ask first. Those signs are still the property of the candidate, even after the election. Some candidates save them for the next election campaign.

"The cure of crime is not in the electric chair, but in the high chair" ...  However, the electric chair works wonders on recidivism.

Scout

Yes, you nust contact the pesron who owns the signs before you gather them. Just call the office of the candidate and ask them if you can collect the signs after the election. If they say yes, have them email you with the permission to collect the signs so you will have a record of the permission.

Most of the signs are one time use only. If they have dates, etc. then you will know they are most likely one time use and you can harvets them after the election with the owners permission. Some candidates do reuse them. Some of the first target backers here in Davilla were from my fathers election campaign back in 1966, so some folks do hold on to them ;)

That being said, we need these signs so make sure you have the signs picked out, permission secured and you are ready to harvest them after election day. Thanks!
Scout
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

henschman

Or you can go talk to the Dep't of Transportation or the Highway Department or whoever it is in your state... here in Oklahoma, they pick up all the signs that are left on roadways after elections and stack them in a warehouse for disposal.  They would probably be more than happy for somebody to take them off their hands and save them the trouble. 
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819