News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

MO Ladyseed

Started by cmidkiff, September 08, 2010, 10:52:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmidkiff

Why isn't there an AAR on last weekend's Ladyseed yet?  Ladies??  I can't believe there's nothing you want to share about the event!

Greybeard

Greg in MO

I think the SB just left Paulette's yesterday afternoon, so it may take her a day or so.  I would guess the other ladies are waiting for her, even though they don't need to...

That said, I heard an interesting rumor that a certain DAR owner might have shot a score that earned her a purple patch.  If that is true (and I have no reason not to believe it), she well deserves our congradulations...

Greg

nemohunter

yes i believe 220 was the number being tossed around. too bad we were not there to see it. oh well she will be sporting that purple patch for sure. GREAT JOB PAULETTE!!!!
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

cmidkiff

Quote from: Greg in MO on September 08, 2010, 11:19:36 AM
I heard an interesting rumor that a certain DAR owner might have shot a score that earned her a purple patch...

Really?  I hadn't heard that rumor... GREAT!  Congrats, Paulette... A rifleman perseveres!  She's worked hard on that one :)

MamaBear

I just got the great news yesterday from Cookie Lady!  Congratulations, Paulette!!  ^:)^  I just knew when you went back home that you WOULD shoot your Rifleman score!  You were so close so many times!
Amazing job and I have no doubt we will see you wearing orange before too long....right???  O0 O0

MB
"I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies."-Annie Oakley

'"A girl with a husband can be limited in what she can do. A girl with a rifle ain't got that problem." Calamity Jane

mikaldulee

Pending official confirmation... ;D

Congratulations Paulette!!!!!  :---  ..:..

Evenstar

Paulette as in Gramma Goats?? Sweet! Congratulations! ^:)^ O0
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Thor's Hammer

Good job Paulette! I knew you'd get er done.
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.    George Carlin

thursday

if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Gramma Goats

OH MY GOSH... i am just now getting back on line from LadySeed and Shoot Boss ( Dinky Dao) heading out on Tues.  I am overwhelmed at your congrads and excitment at my ACHIVEMENT. 

Yes in diddie... i shot a 222 with the 30 cal rule or 220 without it.  Thanks to Nemohunter for FIXING my 'new' rifle (trigger refused to go fwd on its own and had to be PUSHED fwd) -- could not have hit the score without our official MAN SLAVE on sight. (hey... did anyone get a pic of these guys in uniform?  (for those that don't know we had Man Slave TShirts make for the fellas) as soon as i find my camera i will take a look to see what is on it... We had a major rain shower while Dinky was here and we were at the range and we threw everything in the trailer and hopped in ourselves but still got DRENCHED.

I must say the highlight was getting to call Longshot and telling him my score... i could feel him grinning clean through the phone !

I had so much personal help and attention from so many. I felt like i had a bevie of angels watching over me and instructing me. 

I am humbled at your support.  Thank you, i had no idea it would mean so much to so many.

Now i just have to decide WHAT to sew the patch onto... my 'shooting jacket' seems way to tackie for such an honorable patch.
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Gramma Goats

ONE more thing i must mention to EvenStar.... on day two ( we gave out the LadySeed t shirts at the end of day one) EVERYONE that returned were wearing their LadySeed shirts.... the shirts were a HUGE success !!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Fred !
"We can evade reality, but we cannot evade the consequences of evading reality." --philosopher and writer Ayn Rand (1905-1982)

Jungle George

Congratulations,  GG   ^:)^

JG
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.  Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined."  Patrick Henry ,1778

hawkhavn

Congrats GG, glad you started down the trail?

HH

p.s. I really think you need to post this over at ToL!
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Evenstar

Quote from: Gramma Goats on September 09, 2010, 01:27:16 AM
ONE more thing i must mention to EvenStar.... on day two ( we gave out the LadySeed t shirts at the end of day one) EVERYONE that returned were wearing their LadySeed shirts.... the shirts were a HUGE success !!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Fred !

Glad to hear it, GG! I knew they would be a hit! O0
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

witchywoman

^:)^Congrats Paulette ^:)^  I knew you could do it!!!!!

And those shirts looked AWESOME going all the way down the line!  I just got the shirts that I bought for my neighbor and my mom to them today and they LOVE THEM!!! 

Witchy
we have domestic enemies in this country and i'm gonna name names........ Ignorance, apathy, and laziness.   -EEL at Waterman 300

The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.   Ted Nugent

witchywoman

Oh and btw...I did turn in a PC.  Will I go up to IIT1 then?

Thanks,
Witchy
we have domestic enemies in this country and i'm gonna name names........ Ignorance, apathy, and laziness.   -EEL at Waterman 300

The war is coming to the streets of America and if you are not keeping and bearing and practicing with your arms then you will be helpless and you will be the victim of evil.   Ted Nugent