News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Spooling up for Burlington Flats Sept 18-19

Started by The Postman, September 08, 2010, 10:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Postman

Woo Hoo!!! (Homer Simpson style .  .)  :---   :bow:

Just registered . . . Got my LTR ready, changed ammo from Rem to CCI Blazer . .  had a heck of a time with FTF's and mis-fires with the Rem at the last AS at Burlington Flats. Looking forward to being scared by Sgt Rock again  :o  ;)  (we all love ya Sarge!!)

Made Rifleman in Enfield NH on Aug 1st!! Shot a 233 with my standard 10-22 with tech sights, extended mag release and bolt release mod. I am looking forward to bettering that score at Burlington Flats!!  

Trying to get a couple of buddies to come with me, I may have to threaten them with taking their couch and potato chips away . . .

Peace, Out \ /

The Postman
"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. "
Ronald Reagan, October 27, 1964

Another D.O.M.

Hmmm...  I've seen folks show up at Appleseeds with folding chairs that rival some couches; and your friends can eat chips anywhere.  Drag 'em along!

Glad you'll be there!
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

The Postman

Quote from: Another D.O.M. on September 08, 2010, 12:00:42 PM
Hmmm...  I've seen folks show up at Appleseeds with folding chairs that rival some couches; and your friends can eat chips anywhere.  Drag 'em along!

Glad you'll be there!
MJA

Har!!

I think I'll have to take their big flat screen TV's away too . . . They're always griping about the state of our country . .  I hope I can motivate them . . they're both shooters (fair weather) . .  I know if I can get them to just ONE Appleseed . .

This will be my third Appleseed this year.

Peace, Out \ /

The Postman
"If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth. "

The Postman

Took both LTRs to the range yesterday to check POI and sling settings . .  good to go!   ^:)^ Got two bricks of CCI Blazers. The Mrs. may be there Saturday and shooting, we'll see.

Looking forward to this weekend . .  the weather looks pretty good so far . .  but you all know how the weather is in CNY!

Who are the Orange and Red hats??

BTW, Herb Philipsons has Blazers on sale for $17.99 a brick.

Peace, Out \ /

The Postman

:--- :bow:

nyrasgt

Troops,
   You actually can do both BF and SS Appleseeds...just not simultaneously...there'll be lots of opptys in the future to do both (as well as lots of other Northeast NY ranges - like Dunham's Bay, Wilton, RC Sportsmen's-Ravena, Watervliet, Galway F&G, Hudson Falls F&G - and there'll be IBCs available - definitely in the Spring @ DB, with a history road trip to Fort Ticonderoga...!) 
   I've even invited Mary Zeiss Stange, author of book Gunwomen and Religion/Women's Studies Professor @ Skidmore College (and whose husband Doug is a NY State wheel in the "Becoming an Outdoorswoman" program) to join us and bring more Skidmore students.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846