News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Puryear, TN, August 29 - September 6, 2010

Started by dond, September 07, 2010, 12:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dond

I have just finished this RBC and a three day AS which concluded it, and I must go to Nashville for a couple of days. 

$$-0

I invite others to pitch in with comments and pictures.
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

dond

The first morning I passed out copies of my history, as well as written material I had prepared on IMC. I also presented my version of IMC on a white board. At various times during the week I requested that the attendees present some history and IMC.

I also passed out written material I had prepared on several topics for them to be studying, and I went over all of it at appropriate times during the week. This material included a quiz on the target sizes on the QDAQT as they relate to sight  picture; the Rifleman's Quarter Mile; come-ups and holdovers, accompanied by drawn ballistic trajectories for 30 caliber rifles and ARs, as well as one for BSZ; range estimation; and wind effects.

The first three days were spent in successfully having all the participants achieve the Rifleman's score at 25 m. Then we went to the 600 yard range for them to determine the come-ups for their rifles and to begin the KDAQT grind. In addition, I had them calculate the target distances from the measured size of the target in inches, and the target size in minutes at the various distances, as determined by their front sights or their scopes. This permitted an interesting comparison with the known distances.

The following day was devoted to KDAQTs, and four participants achieved Rifleman status on these. Some even managed to smack the steel IDPA targets at a distance of 500 yards. The next day was spent preparing for the following AS and in additional classroom time.

I was aided in this endeavor by the very capable assistance of three accomplished Red Hats: Spanner, Big Papa, and Big Mama. They were invaluable, and much appreciated.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

shoot4score

My first Boot Camp but not my last.  Dond is a great instructor and his passion for all things Appleseed is very evident.  The more I learn, the more I realize how much I still have to learn as I persue my goal to help spread the word.  I really enjoy working with Big Papa and Big Mama.  Even Spanner (I hate people) had good information to share.  Hope to see these folks down the road.

Steve
"For God so loved the world.........."
It's not about religion, it's about a relationship