News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Las Vegas 9/4-9/5 Claude Hall Gun Show

Started by Xeyed, September 07, 2010, 04:02:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeyed

The Southern Nevada Promotions team exhibited at our first gun show this weekend. This was the latest  step in Lbotg promotional  efforts  to help fill our lines.

Trebleshooter, RangeRat, Persisntent1, Snipercat  two attendee's who don't have forum names yet and myself helped staff the event. Thanks to all.

A productive weekend was spent 7 stepping like crazy. Received positive feedback and response from attendees. Made some good contacts with the local community.

Was a good introduction to many folks who did not know about AppleSeed. They must not read the NYT or watch Fox News..

Talked to lots of Out of Staters. Mostly Cali and Arizona.

Was nice to have the Cali trifolds and show them shoots all over the state. Was also fun to tell folks who where from out of state that there probably was an event near by back home.

Lots of interest. Particularly about the first event being held at the Clark County Shooting Park.

Collected contact information and handed out a lot of brochures with Las Vegas Specific Inserts.

Plans being made to exhibit at several more shows by year end.

Lessons learned/Action items.

The event was a great way to get the word out many people.

We can lower the height of the Banner Stand. For a height perspective I'm 6"7" and the bottom of the banner is two feet over my head. Although it was helpful to identify who was reading the Banner as they had to crank their heads back to read it.

Putting a person in front of the both with a handful of fliers is a good way to engage floor walkers.

Need to keep asking for folks contact information for future contacts. Was relatively easy to get. Just kept forgetting to ask.

Figured out a slick way to attach the Banner stand to the table see picture. (1 1/4 pvc pipe Tee. 1 1/16th board and c-clamps.)

Next time bring the national shoot list for Out of Staters.

Photo display on Science Project Board grabbed attention. People stopped and looked at the pictures. Also gave a vertical presentation to the booth.

Displaying a Garand and an LTR brought walk ups to the booth.

Need to fabricate a booth table cover.

Also need to fabricate a cover to cover the display during the shows overnight hours.

Need to figure out a better way to add flags to the display. Plan A did not work. Will be ready for next show.

X

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

bob 210

Great Job Nevada Folks! It's always good to see Appleseeders in action!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

gglovesguns

Good job ladies and gents!  ^:)^ Your table display looks amazing. Keep up the hard work. Thanks for adding a what you learned section to your AAR. I need to remember that when I next do an event. Thanks!

VegasDrummer

I was one of the Attendees that did not have a forum name. I would also like to add that having "Women shoot free!" and "Kids shoot free!" signs drew a lot of attention as well. There would be couples or families walking by that would be led to the table by the female with the group.

Just some more helpfull insight.

gglovesguns

Quote from: VegasDrummer on September 08, 2010, 02:46:39 PM
I was one of the Attendees that did not have a forum name. I would also like to add that having "Women shoot free!" and "Kids shoot free!" signs drew a lot of attention as well. There would be couples or families walking by that would be led to the table by the female with the group.

Just some more helpfull insight.

Good idea about the signs. We didn't have signs up regarding pricing, but that was the number one question I heard at our gun show. How much is it? We're all feeling squeezed right now. Letting people know they can get in cheap or free is a good selling point.