News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Publicity for the Boulder City Shoot: October 16-17

Started by gglovesguns, August 05, 2010, 03:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gglovesguns

Hi All~

I've posted a short post for the Boulder City Shoot over at my forum: http://www.forums.girlsheartguns.com/index.php?topic=12.0. Those in the know, please feel free to come on over and post more details. Someone's already added details about the available shade and shooting positions to the Red Bluff, California shoot, so I thought if California can add enticing details, why not Nevada?!?

Thanks~
GG

TrebleShooter

gglovesguns

Thanks! I like that people are bringing shade! I got an awesome sunburn at the Gardnerville Appleseed and Randy got burned so badly he peeled. This was his first sunburn ever. Apparently the Nevada sun is harsher than the Texas sun!  ;D For the future, is it okay to copy and paste Appleseed announcements? I put a link to it, I was afraid of stealing someone else's writeup. Let me know!

How well attended are the Boulder City shoots? Our Fallon shoot didn't get too many people on the line. Will you guys have that problem? I can come up with a few more places to post the shoot information if you want me to. I put the Fallon shoot info on Reno News & Review's and Reno Gazette Journal's community calendar page.

TrebleShooter

Any kind of promotion is good stuff for us.  The least number I have seen this year so far in BC was 6, and it was a crappy rainy muddy weekend.  check out the AAR.
Past that we've had over a dozen AT LEAST each shoot.  We're also going to start working the gunshows before our second wave of shoots this year.
as far as I know, N NV doesn't have any scheduled. Gonna try to double the state's numbers in two shoots down here, and we're gonna try to have a 3rd, but it depends on our turnout at the gun shows.

chiller

WHere do we sign up to help.  Truth be told still learning.

gglovesguns

Hey Chiller! Nice to have you on board.  ^:)^ Still learning is a good thing. I've only been to 2 Appleseeds so far, I'm new and learning too. Just keep posting and keep asking and someone will jump in and help you along. If we don't, 'cause sometimes we're slackers, just keep plugging along and making it happen. We don't get our feelers hurt when someone takes initiative and takes care of Appleseed.

Now, as far as signing up... Here in Northern Nevada, there is no sign-up to help get the word out process. If you wanna help, just start doing it. Go to calendar pages and forums and get to posting about upcoming Appleseed shoots. For lists of calendar pages and forums on which you can start posting, click here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16569.0 or http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16634.0. When you've posted somewhere, just come back to those 7th stepping pages and let us know, so we can recognize your hard work and so we can avoid duplication.

In Southern Nevada, I don't believe there's a formal process to sign-up either. Hop on in, the water's fine. Again, let us know where you've posted so we don't duplicate efforts. Southern Nevada also has a publicity team. If you're interested in being on the team, PM TrebleShootr.

If you're interested in bringing pamphlets about Appleseed to local gun shops and you're near me, I can deliver some tri-folds to you. If you're not local, we can get some mailed to you, just ask.

Xeyed

Chiiler,

For Southern Nevada promotional efforts contact Trebleshooter or me.

PM inbound on Scheduling for events.

X
One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

chiller

Well Have sent the request in for the October 16-17 Shoot.

Will see where it goes from there.