News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Boulder MT Sept 4-5

Started by Mark Davis, September 05, 2010, 01:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Davis

Four shooters today, One pre registration, three walk ons, one preregistration noshow.
Three instructors Glocker 21, MTProrgrammer, ole clod.
When the shooting started MTProgrammer was on the fireing line with the shooters While Glock and clod felt safe running five shooter line. talked about powder raid before the the redcoats
With very few malfunctions and all shooters having proper equipment and good knowledge of operation, we progresed through the fundimentals rapidly,  an elongated lunch due to rain showers included alarm, first strike and second strike. Qualifaction target fired then a ball and dummie drill, then third strike told while a cold shower sprinkled on the lunchshed. Back on the line two more qualifaction tagets were fired with first day round count just short of 250.
One new rifleman, Lon shot 216.

Pa Rah

Sounds like ole cloddy and crew are up to the usual, telling the story and training rifle men/women. What else can you do.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of you at the Three Forks Mt. RBC/Western Instructors Retreat next week where I'm hoping to see instructors actually shoot riflemen scores.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
Ronald Reagan

glocker21

We also had two new IIT...Shaffer (sp) and Tyson (sp). Thje weather was normal for the canyon this time of year. Lots of swirling wind and mommy natures innability to decide if it will be chilly or warm.
"Americans, both politicians and voters, may have become corrupted by big government beyond redemption.

A virtuous government requires a virtuous people.

A frugal government requires a selfâˆ'reliant people.

A free country requires people who value liberty more than
money."
Charley Reese

Kaiser Leib

Great fun times were had by all! If only the weather had cooperated...
When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.
-Edmund Burke

I would prefer a rope of sand to shackles of iron.

thburr

Congrats to Schaeffer and Lon (I was pretty confident that Lonald would get his Rifleman)!  Now waiting for the 'Ol Lady to get hers.  Should be able to make it to the shoot next week on an evening or two. 

Mark Davis

the cute

Mark Davis

The riflemen

Mark Davis

The new instructors

Mark Davis

Glad to see all the shooters and instructors come out to beautiful, blustery Hi-ore range.
our new instructors are thburr, and gentleman "X", who has not yet logged in to this forum.
Just in case any of you need more shooting than the 674 rounds this weekend think about the 6 day Rifleman Boot Camp followed by an appleseed starting Sunday Sept 12 at the Samual Whittamore range near Three Forks.
Pa Rah (my older, wiser, ornereyer, brother) will be Shoot Boss untill the The Guy arrives with EEL about tuesday.
Work, and sending my grand son overseas will limit my time at the boot camp.

Necee

Thanks to everyone involved to make Appleseed happen!  This weekend was my first AS and it wasn't at all what I thought it would be- It was AWESOME!!  I have had some experience with shooting but am in no way an "experienced shooter".  Day 1 was good- lots of repetition to make sure that we are doing things right "naturally".  Weather was nice- in the morning.  I couldn't believe how fast it was lunch time- I guess I was just too engrossed in what I was learning.  Really enjoyed the stories of April 19, 1775.... I'll be getting some books on that so that my kids learn what happened (seeing as it's all changing in the history books at school).  After lunch I had my best AQT- 157.  Rain in the afternoon wasn't enjoyable- but it's Montana and we stay in the rain/snow!  Day two was cold and windy.  Not so fun but I also attended the NRA Women on Target at the Logan range this spring and that was much colder, snow and rain THE WHOLE DAY so this was nothing!  I have to admit though that after a warmer day yesterday that adjusting to several layers proved to be more difficult than I thought.  I only did one dance in the AQT today when hot brass flew down my back into my tucked in shirt.  After that...HOOD WAS UP.  I didn't shoot as well today, but I did work on the areas that were harder yesterday.  I also had some rifle issues that were worked on quick and learned that I'm even high maintenance in the bullets I need for my 22  :P  At the end of the day/weekend, I'm stiff and sore but excited and trying to figure out how to get to the next one!   It was also nice to see my son shooting a little today!!  Shooting is a family affair for us :)  Thanks again!!

MTSittingBear

I found it! "It" being this forum thread. I'm able to navigate my way through the internet about as well as I could steer a ship of the line with no sails and six cannon ball holes below water level down the amazon river. Also zombies would be involved. . . I should make a movie.

Nothing bad to say about this event whatsoever. It was great to see the people I had met before and to meet some new folks. Hopefully see you all again in the future, hanging out outdoors and hitting some targets :)
-No man alive or dead commands me, I answer to the Lord.