News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Corona Ca, 28-29 August, 2010

Started by NewMOe, August 31, 2010, 02:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NewMOe

What a weekend, after a couple of weeks of 100 degree weather the temps for the Appleseed dropped, dare i say plummeted to the mid 80's for our event.  :bow:
With a morning line up of 19 Shooters on Saturday and 11 Shooters on Sunday we had lots of time for good one on one instruction.
Saturday due to high winds we had to cut off at 1630, some Shooters stayed for an AQT. But in an area of unpredictable winds that can gust in excess of 50 MPH,
it is best to be safe.

Saturday: 19 Shooters AM 17 Shooters PM
Redcoats: Not bad for new Shooters and the return Shooters posted quite well for the morning. The afternoon R/C posted 3 Head Shots (up from 1)
and 1 400 yd (up from 0) and 3 300 yd (up from 2). No Red Coats were cleared but AM 9 with Zero PM 5 with Zero 9 ( good improvement !!).
No Rifleman scores.

Sunday: 11 Shooters all day
Redcoats: AM 400 YD 1, 300 YD 2, 200 YD 3, 100 YD 5, Head Shot 4. Looking good Seems some of got some rest and went over the 6 steps that night. ^:)^
              PM  400 YD 4, 300 YD 3, 200 YD 1, 100 YD 3, Head Shot 2. Ok so the 250 yard tiny square was a little more challenging but look at the 400's  O0
3 Rifleman scores:
Frank (good to see you again and congrats !!!)
Justin (Sweet !!!)
Shanon (made it awsome)
Of the three new rifleman Justin and Shanon stepped up and took an orange hat  ..:.. thank you both for stepping up and welcome.
Overall it was a fun and rewarding weekend, History, Shooting and in my opinion, the best folk America has to offer.
Thank you to all who came out to spend the weekend with us.

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the

asminuteman

"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

"He that would make his own liberty secure, must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty, he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."~ Thomas Paine

I know of no way to judge the future, then by the past. -Thomas Paine

NewMOe

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the

Johnnyappleseed

Congratulations to the 3 new Rifeman! O0
Shannon ,nice shooting , way to go and WELCOME aboard
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

SavageShootr

Congratulations to the new Riflemen!!

Shannon Thanks for stepping up. Another Instructor couple!

Justin Thanks for stepping up as well. Welcome aboard!

To all the others who attended this Appleseed, it was great seeing familiar faces as well as meeting new people. You all have the heart of a Rifleman. Thanks for coming out.

See you all on the trail!

SS
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

Rocket Man

Thanks to all who came out to shoot with us last weekend.  We couldn't ask for a better bunch of folks.  It was our honor to share something with all of you.

Here's a few pictures:

The view from the "Loud End" of the line on Saturday.  .223 and .30 caliber thunder!

Working on the Ball and Dummy drill.  For the doubters and .30 purists, Aaron fed his AR-15 with Brown Bear all weekend, and it ran like an absolute champ.  No malf's, no issues, and fine groups too.   ^:)^

Freeman tells the First Strike.  You'd never guess it was his first turn at bat. 

22CalGal backs him up on Second Strike.  Always an effective speaker.  There were tears.  Literally.

The line on Sunday.  Shooters are in the bubble, and in the hunt.

"I know Hezekiah Wyman.  I have met him."   I don't doubt it.

---

To steal a line from another great 'Seeder, can you believe we get to do this?? 8)  See you all at the next one.
... if ever a mistaken complaisance leads them to sacrifice their privileges, or the well-meaning assertors of them, they will deserve bondage, and soon will find themselves in chains. -- Joseph Warren (anon)

A.Q.T. monster

Im sad you all forgot my squeak from saturday afternoon  **) and how i kept falling off my stool and falling into NewMOe's lap on sunday during the stories  :-[ 

there was and awesome group of shooters, Congrats to all the rifleman this weekend. I loved Hearing the higher calibers it was SO different from Glen Helen's .22 cal. it was great to see some returners, and some new people and some people that have never picked up a rifle before this weekend. Good job this weekend ya'll. o yeah and the weather was AMAZING!!! it felt like winter for corona no joke. and Rough Rider, pleasure calling the line with you... you saved my voice and i saved yours

-A.Q.T. monster
shoot like a girl... if you can
In a box

LayloPro

Naw....we were just being polite......besides, some of this you kinda keep off to the side as an "inside joke"....from the group who "had to be there" to get it....... ;D ;D

Everyone went above & beyond.......like a machine that will not stop, or quit, or get tired...... :bow: :bow:

I am continually amazed at the high quality of folks this program attracts, both on the line, and behind it......... :o 8)

More as I get pix off my camera.......seemed like all I had to do was watch shooters, listen to instructors, and take pictures.......training replacements can be kind of sad work sometimes...... :cool2: @)

LLP
"The truth only hurts if you're guilty." 

"Fast / cheap / good....you only get 2....Your choice."

"Amateurs talk hardware. Professionals talk software. It doesn't matter what's in your hand or between your legs. It matters what's in your heart and in your mind." Lt Col. Dave Grossman.

Rough Rider

This was a special Appleseed for me. It was my first as an IIT, and I was present to see my wife earn her Rifleman patch.  ^:)^  I am very grateful to have worked with such a fine team. Rocketman, CSHR: I thank you gentlemen for taking me to the side and correcting the many mistakes I kept replicating. To quote the Bible "As iron sharpens iron; Men sharpen men." To A.Q.T. monster thank you for being such a sport, and helping me on day two by giving me pointers and saving my voice.  O0  Thanks to .22calgal, SavageShootr, and Johnnyappleseed as well. You guys offer constant support and encouragement, and I learn by your example.

To NewMOe you sir conducted an excellent weekend, and kept it low stress. Thank you for letting me shadow you on the line. To Laylopro thank you for the excellent instruction, and demeanor you have fabricated at these events. I am grateful that I have the fortune of being able to participate with such a quality group of people.

There were many shooters at this event, and I would like to point out a few. Joel I enjoyed your "can do" attitude, and I appreciated your enthusiasm it was infectious. Hope to see you at another Appleseed. Justin scoring the patch, and taking the hat. Congrats to you sir. Heath congrats on the patch hopefully we will see you on the trail at another Appleseed.

-Rough Rider

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

Deadeye Darlin

What a great Appleseed!!!  ^:)^

I really enjoyed myself this weekend, and not just because I earned rifleman.  I had so much fun being around the instructors. You really make a great group of people that fosters a high level of teamwork and I truly can't wait to work with you. The other participants were fun to shoot with and possessed wonderful attitudes. I look forward to seeing them at future Appleseed events.

I have learned so much and would never have accomplished such an achievement if it weren't for the vital pointers and lessons that were taught.  Becoming a rifleman isn't an easy task. I am grateful to have had a group of people around me supporting and encouraging me each step of the way.

Thank you to Rough Rider, you have always been there to help and support me.  ;)

Thank you to LayloPro, CSHR, NewMOe, Johnnyappleseed, and SavageShootr. You all have guided and encouraged me so much. You inspire me!  :bow:

To .22calgal, A.Q.T. monster, Rocket Man, Freeman, asminuteman, and demnogis, thank you for cheering me on! It was such a pleasure meeting you and I'm eager to work beside you.  :)

Congratulations to Justin and Heath! You two did a great job and your ambitious and persevering attitudes are a testament to your character and an example for us all. You deserve this astounding accomplishment!  O0

Can't wait to go to another Appleseed to work as an IIT!  ..:..
"Aim at a high mark and you will hit it. No, not the first time, not the second time and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect. Finally you'll hit the bull's-eye of success." - Annie Oakley

Xeyed

Deadeye Darlin,

Congrats on earning your patch and accepting your next challenge. The  Orange Hat

You were so close in Azusa, with a little practice it was just a matter of time. A Rifleman persists.

Looking forward to working with both you and Rough Rider on the Appleseed Trail.

It may surprise you to learn that we even hold Appleseeds in Las Vegas.

Consider this an open invitation for a weekend of Gun and Fun in the entertainment capital of the world.

It would be a pleasure to work an event with you two.

See you on the trail.

Xeyed

One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

Deadeye Darlin

Hi Xeyed!

Thanks for the invitation! Rough Rider and I will have to see if we can make it out there one of these days.

Looking forward to working with you!  :)

"Aim at a high mark and you will hit it. No, not the first time, not the second time and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting for only practice will make you perfect. Finally you'll hit the bull's-eye of success." - Annie Oakley

Justin

$$-0 I got busy, I WILL sit down tomorrow and write something worth reading. Well I'll write something anyway.  $$-0
"Le médiocrité est l'ennemi de la parfaite." -

"We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them" - Abigail Adams

California Appleseed
http://www.facebook.com/pages/California-Appleseed/203137793037851

Deadeye Darlin

So I just realized that I a made a mistake on my previous post... It should say, "Congratulations to Justin and Frank" as opposed to "Congratulations to Justin and Heath".

:wb: Whoops!!! :-[

I suppose it would be a good idea to get things straight before hitting the post button...