News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructors Needed! Shortages and volunteers report here

Started by ItsanSKS, September 04, 2010, 08:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boba Fett

Quote from: marrandy on October 11, 2010, 05:35:19 PM
With Eric (itsansks)  out for a month, it has come to my attention that we have ranges and dates, but are missing Shoot Boss and Instructors.  Below is the current listings till the end of the year that are not yet staffed.

Can everyone check their calendars and commit to these events.

Oct 23-24     Myakka City, FL     /SB  willorith, BrownBess(IIT) Sly223 (IIT2)
Oct 23-24     New Smyrna Beach, FL     /SB  bill o rites (IIT2), 9mm4545(IIT2)  
Nov 06-07     Bunnell, FL     /SB  9mm4545 (IIT2), marrandy (IIT1)
Nov 6-7       Fort Lauderdale, FL     /SB  
Nov 13-14     New Smyrna Beach, FL     /SB    
Nov 20-       Hernando County, FL     /SB  
Dec 04-05     Pensacola, FL     /SB  marrandy (IIT1), gcvaughn (IIT)  
Dec 12-19     Myakka City (RCR) RBC, FL     /SB
Dec 18-19     Myakka City (RCR), FL     /SB  DrJohn  

Thanks...Martin

What do the pre-regs look like for these shoots?

Boba

marrandy

See below.  I amended my post.  Will ask Trey about the Two missing events.  I haven't been told they are cancelled.

Western Rose

QuoteOct 23-24     Myakka City, FL             /SB  willorith, BrownBess(IIT) Sly223 (IIT2)    -   3/50
Oct 23-24     New Smyrna Beach, FL     /SB  bill o rites (IIT2), 9mm4545(IIT2)            -    0/10
Nov 06-07    Bunnell, FL                     /SB  9mm4545 (IIT2), marrandy (IIT1)           -   24/29
Nov 6-7        Fort Lauderdale, FL             /SB                                                                  -    unlisted
Nov 13-14    New Smyrna Beach, FL     /SB                                                                  -   0/10
Nov 20-        Hernando County, FL     /SB                                                                  -   0/60
Dec 04-05    Pensacola, FL                     /SB  marrandy (IIT1), gcvaughn (IIT)              -   5/50
Dec 12-19    Myakka (RCR) RBC, FL      /SB                                                                   -   7/30
Dec 18-19    Myakka (RCR), FL            /SB  DrJohn                                                        -   0/30

Slightly updated numbers...
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

marrandy

???

How do you see those figures ?

I just refreshed the page, http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10584.0

a few times, and it still says...

Oct 23-24     Myakka City, FL             /SB  willorith, BrownBess(IIT) Sly223 (IIT2)    -   2/50
Oct 23-24     New Smyrna Beach, FL     /SB  bill o rites (IIT2), 9mm4545(IIT2)            -   Huh? unlisted
Nov 06-07    Bunnell, FL                     /SB  9mm4545 (IIT2), marrandy (IIT1)           -   28/29
Nov 6-7        Fort Lauderdale, FL             /SB                                                                  -   Huh? unlisted
Nov 13-14    New Smyrna Beach, FL     /SB                                                                  -   0/10
Nov 20-        Hernando County, FL     /SB                                                                  -   0/60
Dec 04-05    Pensacola, FL                     /SB  marrandy (IIT1), gcvaughn (IIT)              -   1/50
Dec 12-19    Myakka (RCR) RBC, FL      /SB                                                                   -   6/30
Dec 18-19    Myakka (RCR), FL            /SB  DrJohn                                                      -   0/30

Where are you seeing those changes ?

Western Rose

Oops, sorry, I should have explained that. I've got access to eventbrite and I pulled the info directly from there.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

50th Appleseed

marrandy

Ok - I'm curious.

How long does it take for the info from evenbrite to appear on that page ?

Is this a manual process ?

Can it be fixed so its automatically updated ?

Can...no...I can't think of another question...just kidding  :-)

Western Rose

That page is updated once a week.

It is a manual process and Hawkhavn does it.

As far as I know, no, it can't be changed to automatically update.

Are you sure? ;-)

Now I've got a question for you, do you know why Nov. 6-7 Fort Lauderdale, FL isn't on the Instructor Schedule, Eventbrite, shoot schedule, or the EIP?

50th Appleseed

douglas34474

I just signed up for St Augustine Oct 16 & 17. See ya all there.

marrandy

Quote from: Western Rose on October 11, 2010, 09:46:20 PM

Now I've got a question for you, do you know why Nov. 6-7 Fort Lauderdale, FL isn't on the Instructor Schedule, Eventbrite, shoot schedule, or the EIP?

No, that's why I had   Huh? unlisted   next to it.

I've talked/PM'd PHenry and SavageShootr about it.

Hopefully it will be sorted out by tomorrow.

ADD:  apparently, it is still on.

PS.. What's a   'EIP' ?

marrandy

Quote from: douglas34474 on October 11, 2010, 11:13:30 PM
I just signed up for St Augustine Oct 16 & 17. See ya all there.

Everyone.  Check here http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8859.0    for event staffing.  

When you volunteer for an event, in addition to PM'ing  "Instructor Scheduling", please make sure you PM the Shoot Boss (SB), if there is one listed.  In Douglas's case, PM  "ThaiFighter"  to ensure he get's a  'heads up'.  There is often a few days delay in your appearance on the staffing board and the sooner the SB knows your coming, the better.  Plus its more direct.

marrandy

OK - November 6th & 7th, 2010 Pops Gun club event at Ft. Lauderdale has been added.

Please promote it and we need staff.

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/as_schedule2.php   -   Current Appleseed Schedule

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=13612.msg113199#msg113199   -   Event Flyer

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/949304395   -   EventBrite Registration

The pre-reg entry for the October 23-24 - New Smyrna Beach, FL   is missing, but I have requested they add it.

Heimdhal

I really wanted to attend as a shooter at pops in november, but if we need staff, we need staff and  I'll be there!  :--- (fairly certain anyways, I work nights and my schedual is different every week  :-\ )

PHenry

marrandy and Western Rose,
Many thanks for covering what I might have, once upon a time would have, handled myself. Nice to know somebody is working around here!  :-[

We got the missing events sorted and SS got them posted. Now we will work on staffing. As Fred would say - only easy year is last year!

Again, many thanks for the help,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

marrandy

Quote from: marrandy on October 12, 2010, 01:59:50 PM
The pre-reg entry for the October 23-24 - New Smyrna Beach, FL   is missing, but I have requested they add it.

Hawkhavn has added it.

I am now PM'ing SB's about the events.

We are moving ahead, step by step.

marrandy

Edit:  I'm now down (even if it hasn't appeared yet) for:-

Nov 06-07     Bunnell, FL

Nov 13-14     New Smyrna Beach, FL

Nov 20       Hernando County, FL

Dec 04-05     Pensacola, FL

I haven't heard anything back about the 6 events with no Shoot Boss.

What's happening ?

Are any events being cancelled ?

PHenry

marrandy,
Here's what I can tell you so far sir:

I have taken Bunnell and evidently despite their already incredible dedication to date - Willorith and Brown Bess will also serve there (they know how I am accustomed to simply pointing a lot and doing little and hated to see me actually work apparently).

ThaiFighter is taking Myakka, so that Willorith can take New Smyrna.

If all goes well for me in NYC on 18th, I sould be able to make Hernando on 20th. If not - only 3 showed up at last single day event (one being Doubles grandson!), so we could cancel that one worst case scenario.

I just received a call from Bama, SC for AL and he is working to take Pens over on a semi-permanent basis with his local cadre. He asked only that we book no more than two event per year there in 2011. He will keep me informed as to his progress on covering the Dec event. He has four SBs and another in the pipe.

So, not as bad as it seems, but that's for this year which will soon be last year - the only "easy" year we'll ever have.  ^-^

Thanks for keeping us all informed and aware - makes it a lot easier to keep on top!  O0
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

ThaiFighter

I'll cover Hernando if Trey can't make it.  Nov 6-7 I will likely be in Ft. Lauderdale.

I may be able to take Pensacola in Dec.  My contract with TECO is up in mid November.   If I don't pick up anything right away, then I have time on my hands until mid Jan.   

I've been holding off reserving dates until I know more about my situation.  One way or another, I should be there to assist the FL crew as a red hat or SB in some capacity or other.
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

marrandy

Quote from: PHenry on October 18, 2010, 05:56:06 PM
marrandy,
If all goes well for me in NYC on 18th, I sould be able to make Hernando on 20th. If not - only 3 showed up at last single day event (one being Doubles grandson!), so we could cancel that one worst case scenario.

Well let me know if Hernando on the 20th Nov is cancelled.  I can re-assign to Nov 20-21     St. Augustine, FL   if needed.

Heimdhal

PHenry

heimdhal,
in answer to your question - not so good. We need a SB and some IITs to assist. I am told it is a good venue - draws good people.
PH

Heimdhal

Quote from: PHenry on October 23, 2010, 07:35:40 PM
heimdhal,
in answer to your question - not so good. We need a SB and some IITs to assist. I am told it is a good venue - draws good people.
PH

Well, in that case I'd be happy to IIT.  I'll try for both days, sunday for sure.  My work schedual will dictate otherwise and I wont know until the week leading up to the event.

The range is a nice range and the students that came out in October were fantastic; I see no reason why November wouldnt be another great appleseed in Ft Lauderdale.  :---

Perhaps if we cannot get a shoot boss for the weekend (thus canceling the event) some IIT's and local students who may the be otherwise freed up would like to hop on down for a one day, practice shoot, outside of Appleseed, but still in the spirit of it.

oneillj

PHenry

Event is on at Pop's for Nov 6/7, with ItsanSKS as shoot boss. He just needs another IIT or two to round out crew to assure safety - so come on in - the water's fine!  ..:.. ..:..

Heimdhal

Quote from: PHenry on November 02, 2010, 01:21:07 PM
Event is on at Pop's for Nov 6/7, with ItsanSKS as shoot boss. He just needs another IIT or two to round out crew to assure safety - so come on in - the water's fine!  ..:.. ..:..

Ill be there with him, already talked to him about this past weekend.  I just havent told instructerschedualing yet  :-[

ETA:  There, just let them know  :---

marrandy

This is our current status until the end of the year.  We need people to volunteer to fill in the gaps.

UPDATED - 13:52 Mon 13 June 2011

June 18-19    Myakka City (RCR), FL      ItsanSKS  /SB   Sly223, nukeofhazard
June 25-26    Myakka City, FL (MGAC)    ItsanSKS  /SB   Sly223
July 9-10       Myakka City (RCR), FL      ItsanSKS  /SB   Sly223
July 23-24     Myakka City, FL (MGAC)   ItsanSKS  /SB    Sly223
July 30-31     Hernando County, FL        PHenry    /SB  panhead
July 30-31     Bunnell, FL                                    /SB  Flawyer, DrJohn
Aug 6-7        Myakka City (RCR), FL      ItsanSKS  /SB   
Aug 13-14    St. Augustine, FL              /SB 
Aug 27-28    Myakka City, FL (MGAC)    ItsanSKS  /SB   
Sep 17-18    Myakka City (RCR), FL      ItsanSKS  /SB   
Sep 18-       Hernando Cty Sat only, FL  /SB 
Sep 24-25    Myakka City, FL (MGAC)    ItsanSKS  /SB 
Oct 01-02    Pensacola, FL                  /SB   gcvaughn 
Oct 08-09    St. Augustine, FL              /SB
Oct 9-16      Myakka City, FL (RCR) RBC /SB
Oct 15-16    Myakka City, FL (RCR)       ItsanSKS  /SB
Oct 22-23    Myakka City, FL (MGAC)     ItsanSKS  /SB   
Oct 29-30    Hernando County, FL         PHenry  /SB   Clinnon 
Nov 12-13   St. Augustine, FL                /SB
Nov 19-20   Myakka City (RCR), FL        ItsanSKS  /SB   
Nov 20-       Hernando Cty Sat. only, FL  /SB
Nov 26-27   Myakka City, FL (MGAC)     ItsanSKS  /SB   
Dec 03-04    Pensacola, FL                    /SB   gcvaughn
Dec 03-04   Gainesville, FL                    /SB
Dec 17-18   Myakka City, FL (MGAC)      ItsanSKS  /SB   

Joe-NFlorida

I have attended 2 Appleseeds (Aug in Gainesville and Sept in St. Augustine).  I shot Rifleman at both. 

I would like to someday serve as an Instructor. I joined the Forum today and I have seen references to "downloading an Instructor's Manual".  Is this possible?  Can you advise me how?

Thanks,
--Joe

TomM1Thumb

Joe-NFlorida, Wow It scared Me when I saw this Dead Subject appear again!

You must have a Shoot Boss Verify Your Info  and then Let Instructor Scheduling Know that You are an Orange Hat before You can go to the TIPS section of this forum. TIPS is the area where  You can down load the Instructors Manual.

Who was the Shoot Boss at Your last Shoot? Did You ask the Shoot Boss If You could become an Orange Hat Instructor at that Shoot?

After You get this straight, There will be an Instructors Boot Camp in the Very near Future, I Highly recommend You attend the IBC!

Please see on the Florida section of this Forum, Called Stateboards, a Post called  I need a show of hands by 9mm4545. It addresses the IBC (Instructors Boot Camp)

Good Luck in all of Your Travels, I hope to meet You on the Appleseed Trail as a fellow Instructor In Training.

TomM1Thumb
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Sly223

Joe N FL,
You will need to take a Progress check level 0,
what is the next event you plan on attending?
"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

Joe-NFlorida

Thanks for the replies.

The shootboss was 9mm4545. He did not ask me about an orange hat, but I figure I will keep working at it until he does.  It may have been a time thing.  I did not shoot rifleman until the end of the day on Sunday when we started the Rapid Fire AQTs.  I can shoot fast and accurate, but I have some mobility problems on dropping into position for the sitting and prone.  Ironically I do much better on the RF because I can shoot quickly and get into the next position at my own slower pace, then shoot quick again to beat the time.  So, I shot the score the last three times, but the targets were being scored while we were taking down the pop up shade tarps to beat the coming rain storm.  There was just time to get the patch and run for the trucks.

I will see 9mm4545 again in Gainesville in Nov or in St Aug in Dec.  So, it can wait until the next shoot, I am not trying to rush things. I was just hoping to start studying the manual. The range instructions are a little different from what I used to use - so I figured I would get used to them.

Thanks again for the replies.

Joe

9mm4545

I am in desperate need of additional instructors and a shoot boss for an inaugural event in Hollywood Florida on November 10-11. We have 29 shooters already signed up and only one instructor! This represents a return to a very underserved part of our state that is long overdue in coming. So, help bring the message of Appleseed to South Florida. The weather should be great and the facility is top-notch. Anyone?
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837