News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Red and Orange alert Calverton, NY

Started by kDan, September 03, 2010, 05:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kDan

We've got something like 63 pre-regs for Calverton Sept 25, 26.  We have two firing lines and only one Red Hat.  We'll need another Red Hat for this second line.

So far we have only three Orange Hats signed up to work.  Need at least one more. 

Calverton is fun folks, and these Long Islanders need us more than anybody else.  I honestly believe that.

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Fred

Dan, how in the world did you guys get that kind of turnout?
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Xeyed

Maybe it was the recent article in the local paper?

New York Times.
One Man awake, Awakens another. The second awakens  His next-door brother.
The three awake can rouse a town. By turning the whole place upside down.

The many awake can make such a fuss. It finally awakens the rest of us.
One man up, with dawn in his eyes, Surely then, Multiplies. Lawrence Trib

sgtrock

Quote from: Fred on September 03, 2010, 06:11:25 PM

Dan, how in the world did you guys get that kind of turnout?
[/quote]There are a lot of people down in that area that are hungry for Freedom and Restoration of their Liberties,,, New York can almost sell its self to fill lines in certain parts of the state,, B-Flats 5+ hrs away is like that, and we are in the Country up here, people in this state are awakening to what is going on and they don't want to go down without a fight,,, I hope this spreads like a cancer we need all the help we can get,,,  Dan We'll get help to ya Brother I've got B-Flats 18-19 sept, I'll see what gives after that,, I can get thru that thar city place just fine and with rifles too..          sgtrock

Chainsaw

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

kDan

I don't think it's much the nytimes but we'll see.  I did promise a free bumper sticker to everybody that mentions the article.  I always ask who and why.

Most events so far have sold out due to vietvet's efforts on longislandfirearms.com.  Last time I think an equal number of shooters had seen his plastic laminated flier velcroed inside the calveron public range porta john.  No kidding - Very inspired.  He replaces it for each event. 

Credit due - Viet Vet.

Ultimately, Long Island shooters are like fish in a barrel, but which barrel?  I still don't think we've found the main stash. Lotsa neglected people out here.  Long Island needs AS more than any other 70 x 10 mile stretch of land in the country.  We're building a crew, and the more steady and ready we prove ourselves to be, the more they come out it seems. 

These folks all read The Post anyway...  the times is for metrosexuals.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

kDan

Forgot to thank Chainsaw for signing up.  Kudos, Tom - second time out!

sgtrock was out here once too - scaring the crap outta everybody
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

B9

"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

milspecnsn

Quote from: Xeyed on September 03, 2010, 06:19:27 PM
Maybe it was the recent article in the local paper?

New York Times.

Nothing to do with the article...we had already been steadily gaining force before the article was published. Beside which, around here we only use the NYT when we run out of another paper product.

milspecnsn

yeah, that ;D

sgtrock

Quote from: kDan on September 03, 2010, 07:38:35 PM
Forgot to thank Chainsaw for signing up.  Kudos, Tom - second time out!

sgtrock was out here once too - scaring the crap outta everybody
QuoteThat would be twice i've been there,,,,, scaring people,,, people are only affraid of what they know about themselves,,, but if that's what it takes for some people to wake up, I won't tell them that I am just a big teddybear,,, ::),,,,, And yes Very Nice Work VietVet,,

kDan

Yay! b9's comin BACK to Calverton!  Two red hats means I get to stand on top of the berm between the two lines yelling and waving my saber around.  

That reminds me.  Anybody got radios?

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

VietVet

Dan.....I've got radios.

This may also be the time to ask Harry if we (Instructors) can camp there. I'll tow out my camper and we'll even have showers.
I'll run this past him but if you know Harry lets not get our hopes up.
Hey, all he can say is no.....after he stops yelling!
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

ITB

Nice job, guys, getting that many signed up.  As one who was born and raised on LI, I didn't think there were that many gun owners in Nassau/Suffolk.  LOL
"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

VietVet

This Shoot has now been SOLD OUT!!!! ^:)^
                                    OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

bravo juliet mike

Quote from: VietVet on September 04, 2010, 09:55:35 AM
Dan.....I've got radios.

This may also be the time to ask Harry if we (Instructors) can camp there. I'll tow out my camper and we'll even have showers.

If we can't camp there Indian Island isn't too far away.
http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/departments/parks/Indian%20Island%20County%20Park.aspx

crak

If Leyden looks to be well staffed that weekend, I'll come to Calverton instead.
Check your drama at the door.

Chainsaw

Quote from: VietVet on September 04, 2010, 09:55:35 AM

More likely he'll want $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

vernic82

One day I'll return to my ancestral lands of The Island but I'm tied up teaching a pistol course that weekend, sorry :(
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

Vergeltung

Quote from: kDan on September 03, 2010, 07:31:37 PM

Credit due - Viet Vet.

true enough. but there was someone else doing some major pimping for the FIRST one at calverton that took place after a several year hiatus....   I think that person was also the first "latrine flyer spammer" as well.  :cool2:

ah, how quickly they forget you....  ;)

kDan

Quote from: crak on September 05, 2010, 03:11:22 AM
If Leyden looks to be well staffed that weekend, I'll come to Calverton instead.

Crak,

Please brother.  Feign dysentery if necessary.  Make Calverton.  I'm cereal.  You have no idea.

-d-
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

crak

Check your drama at the door.

fishingninja

Hi im new to appleseed and mid august i registered for this event and the one in calverton in oct but i never recieved a confirmation.  Im afraid it may have went to my spam list and got deleted.  Is there any way i can have it either resent or get back on it even though its sold out now?

for good measure i also re- registered for the october calverton shoot and im also worried that now im registered twice for that?  is there anyone i can contact to find out?  thank you sorry to be a hastle

kDan

Quote from: fishingninja on September 08, 2010, 06:25:00 PM
Hi im new to appleseed and mid august i registered for this event and the one in calverton in oct but i never recieved a confirmation.  Im afraid it may have went to my spam list and got deleted.  Is there any way i can have it either resent or get back on it even though its sold out now?

for good measure i also re- registered for the october calverton shoot and im also worried that now im registered twice for that?  is there anyone i can contact to find out?  thank you sorry to be a hastle

Don't sweat it.  Show up - we'll get you on the line.  If you somehow pay twice, then you get to call the line for an AQT!

Just kidding about the charged twice thing - you don't get to call the line - just come on down!  If you're worried, then bring a print-out of your confirmation.  If you don't have that, we'll let you shoot anyway, but don't let the bosses know.  They're horrible about this kind of thing.  Money money money is all they care about.

-d-

"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout