News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sighting in LTR in preperation for attending an AS

Started by libertyguild, September 02, 2010, 07:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

libertyguild

Should I be zeroing my .22LTR for 25yrds in preperation for the AS shoot?   
"Shooters!  Your preparation period has begun!"

Missouri Brigade

ItsanSKS

The targets we utilize on saturday are placed at 25m, which is 82'.  

Are you using a scope, or iron sights?

If you are using a scope, be sure that your scope is far enough forward on the rifle to allow you to shoot prone with it- often times a shooter who has sighted the rifle in from a bench will not realize that the scope is too far rearward, and has to adjust it later for practical shooting.

"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

tittiger

Maybe I shoot different than others, but I found that from the sitting position
that I had the the biggest problem with being too close to my scope. 

So check out this position also.
"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government."
~ Thomas Paine

Old Dog

If using a scope sight it in to hit point of aim and put your cross hairs on the center of the targets at the Appleseed.

If using iron sights your eyes may dictate what works best for you.  Better to find out before you get to the Appleseed if you can.

Are your eyes good enough to see the front sight when the top of the front sight is centered on the target?  If so, sight it in that way.  If not you may want to sight it in so that the top of the front sight is even with the bottom of the target.  For sight in purposes I'd use the one inch squares as you'll  be shooting at a lot of them the Saturday of the Appleseed.  One inch squares are great targets.  I use them a lot.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle