News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station, Texas August 28-29 event

Started by Roy in Tomball, August 30, 2010, 11:27:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roy in Tomball

Attended my first Appleseed event this weekend and am very impressed with the top notch instruction I received by Steve, Joe and Guy.
I've been shooting for 40 years and my shot placement improved tremendously throughout the 2 days of instruction on how to properly use the rifle sling and NPOA (Natural Point of Aim), instructional points I've never heard of until now.
It's a great feeling to walk away from a 2-day Appleseed armed with significant knowledge and marksmanship improvement.
Each of the three instructors taught the Colonial history and time-line of events of April 18-19, 1775 which was very inspiring, facts and true stories I was never taught in school.
It's hard to imagine so much instruction and training can be attained in 2 days with a direct application toward preserving and defending the way of life our forefathers prepared for us.

Thank You RWVA for the opportunity to participate and for the inspiration to get off the couch and participate in such a worthy cause.

Roy Satterwhite

Reddot

Quote from: Roy in Tomball on August 30, 2010, 11:27:29 AM
Attended my first Appleseed event this weekend and am very impressed with the top notch instruction I received by Steve, Joe and Guy.
I've been shooting for 40 years and my shot placement improved tremendously throughout the 2 days of instruction on how to properly use the rifle sling and NPOA (Natural Point of Aim), instructional points I've never heard of until now.
It's a great feeling to walk away from a 2-day Appleseed armed with significant knowledge and marksmanship improvement.
Each of the three instructors taught the Colonial history and time-line of events of April 18-19, 1775 which was very inspiring, facts and true stories I was never taught in school.
It's hard to imagine so much instruction and training can be attained in 2 days with a direct application toward preserving and defending the way of life our forefathers prepared for us.

Thank You RWVA for the opportunity to participate and for the inspiration to get off the couch and participate in such a worthy cause.

Roy Satterwhite
Roy, Glad you enjoyed yourself.  Hope you come back again; we have another shoot in College Station on 25-26 September--hope to see you there.
Chuck

CaptG

Roy forgot to mention that he shot Rifleman Sunday! It was a great shoot, even with the low turnout. All of the shooters stuck with it through the heat. I learn more and more every time I work with a new group of shooters. I'm hoping to be back in Oct, but haven't asked permission from the boss yet. ~~:) ~~:)
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

Reddot

Roy,
CONGRATULATIONS!! O0 O0 Now you can take an orange hat--they're very stylish, let me tell ya, and the life of an Appleseed instructor is too good to describe in words--your jokes are funnier, women find you more interesting, etc etc etc.
Guy, hope to see you in September!!
Chuck

starfox

Quote from: Reddot on August 30, 2010, 05:44:44 PM
Roy,
CONGRATULATIONS!! O0 O0 Now you can take an orange hat--they're very stylish, let me tell ya, and the life of an Appleseed instructor is too good to describe in words--your jokes are funnier, women find you more interesting, etc etc etc.
Chuck

You forgot the lavish pay and perks.  Heck, I got off the phone with Scout last night and he promised us all a 10% raise if we make our 2010 numbers!    **)
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

For a person with his prior shooting experience level, Roy had one of the most teachable attitudes I have seen. Dang nice rifle, too.  :)

Congratulations Roy on persisting! Hope to see you in College Station again.

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

Reddot

Quote from: starfox on August 30, 2010, 08:02:23 PM
Quote from: Reddot on August 30, 2010, 05:44:44 PM
Roy,
Chuck

You forgot the lavish pay and perks.  Heck, I got off the phone with Scout last night and he promised us all a 10% raise if we make our 2010 numbers!    **)
Hey, wait a minute---he told me Fred himself was going to double our pay....

Roy in Tomball

thanks guys that is a day I'll remember for a long time. I sorta thought it might be like walking in to a half day CHL class and shooting 95%..OH NO..much harder. I'm glad it's hard, I'm glad the patch doesn't come easy, you really feel like you earned something when it's over with. Every muscle sore Monday..I really need to get in shape. Of course I didn't tell my neighbor that yesterday when I took him and his kid a flier and target and talked them in to at least strongly consider joining. I'm gonna do like Steve and sell some of my pretty wood and get a down and dirty .22 LR auto..I'm liking the Bushmaster Carbon15. One day I plan on  shooting Rifleman with that steel buttplate .30-.06 ...now THATS respectable in my book how you guys can take that punishment using a Man's Rifle ;)

Reddot

Hi Roy,
My wife keeps telling me to get in shape; i remind her that round IS a shape !@#)  Seriously, glad you enjoyed yourself and are doing the 'seventh stepping' thing with your neighbors--I look forward to seeing you at a future shoot with all your friends, neighbors and family  O0
Chuck

mrt53

Roy,

Glad that you had a good time. We will be having a shoot once a month till next May or so. Thanks for coming.

Steve