News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Loaner rifle for Waterman?

Started by Rimshot, August 25, 2010, 09:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rimshot

One of my guests wants to bring his girlfriend, but I've already promised my spare rifle.  Does anyone going to Waterman still have an available LTR they could spare?
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

hawkhavn

Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Rimshot

Thanks, Hawk.  I've passed the message along with a prod to make sure she gets registered asap.
"Hearing the story of our Heritage told with just dry facts is like hearing Romeo & Juliet through autopsy reports." - Fred

"In 1775, to protect Liberty a man had to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come die with me?"  In 2012, to protect Liberty a man has to knock on his neighbor's door and ask "will you come vote/attend a public meeting/work at a poll with me?"  Jason Russell, and men and women like him, are the reason have a easier task in 2012. The question is, are we up to it?" - YHJ

Pappy

Hello Group;  Please Bring Your Loaner Rifles to the Waterman Illinois 300 shoot if you can....  Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Rimshot

I've just confirmed the young lady's registration.  Your loaner is a .22lr, correct?  Will it eat Federal bulk ammo or do you have a particular brand of ammo you would prefer we run through it?

hawkhavn

If she uses the LTR, Federal bulk is fine.
If it's the scoped thumbhole 10/22, CCI standard velocity.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

EEL

All instructors:

What Pappy said.

Please bring any loaners you have with you.  We may need them.  Promise we won't lose them  :D
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Pappy

Hello Group; Just a thought on Loaner Equipment,,, We have put a plan into use that seems to work for us, it may work well for you.... If Joe Bob needs a item that you have to loan GET HIS DR LIC as a bond and you will never loose another item, or his dads DL or another card of value with his info on it... My thoughts on loosing stuff at a shoot, never again!!!!! Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..