News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gardnerville Shoot

Started by gglovesguns, August 24, 2010, 01:28:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gglovesguns

SO! Who's doing what to make a Gardnerville, NV shoot happen before snowfall?

I'm gathering up shooters for our line. I talked to several people at the Big Reno Gun Show who were from this area and would love to attend a shoot on the Gardnerville range and tonight at our League of Lethal Ladies after work shoot, I talked to shooters who were on the waiting list for Gardnerville and are ready and willing to shoot if we give them a when and where. I also sent everyone on the line tonight home with some Greenies, Trifolds and California schedules. When the league meets again, I'd like to be able to invite them all to a LOCAL shoot.

What do we need to do to make that happen?

Chris_H

BaldDragn

Here's the only dates I have available in the near future.

Sept 04-05
Nov 20-21
"Anxiety and stress are the children of apathy and ignorance." - Jack Spirko

Saving the USS America - Good work if you can get it: Group Consensus, Sac 06/09 Instructors Meeting.

SAPPER STEEL!

GunPowderTherapy

The end of Sept and beginning or Oct 9th ish are no good for me but other than that i'm game.  :---

gglovesguns

Quote from: GunPowderTherapy on August 25, 2010, 08:25:09 PM
The end of Sept and beginning or Oct 9th ish are no good for me but other than that i'm game.  :---

Hopefully we can get a shoot going at a time you and your other half are available to attend. I met you at the gun show, but I haven't met her yet.

gglovesguns

Quote from: BaldDragn on August 25, 2010, 02:18:57 PM
Here's the only dates I have available in the near future.

Sept 04-05
Nov 20-21

I'm going to Mr. GG's sister's wedding on 10/16-17 and his grandparents are coming to visit on 10/2-3.

gglovesguns

Update: The PMs are flying. It looks like something is in the works. Cross your fingers everyone and wish us luck.

featherblue

Looks like Oct 30-31 is the date for the next Gardnerville shoot.  ^:)^

-fb
�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

RangeRat

Darn...  We'll be supporting the one at the MegaShooting Park in Vegas that weekend.   ::)

Have fun in your piece of heaven.  :)

RR.

bob 210

I always love to hear about an Additional Appleseed event being set up! As NV grows, I would recommend folks look at the NV schedule post on the NV board. I don't think having these 2 shoots the same weekend will hurt (correct me if I'm wrong), but we need to keep the possibility inmind when scheduling new shoots. Thanks for all your efforts......just think, the first time NV had simultaneous Appleseeds on the same weekend! It sounds like a really great announcement post is hiding in there somewhere!
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

featherblue

Quote from: bob 210 on August 31, 2010, 11:42:16 AM
I always love to hear about an Additional Appleseed event being set up! As NV grows, I would recommend folks look at the NV schedule post on the NV board. I don't think having these 2 shoots the same weekend will hurt (correct me if I'm wrong), but we need to keep the possibility inmind when scheduling new shoots. Thanks for all your efforts......just think, the first time NV had simultaneous Appleseeds on the same weekend! It sounds like a really great announcement post is hiding in there somewhere!

The date was chosen for the reasons; instructors were available and the range was available. If this shoot conflicts with a shoot hundreds of miles away, so be it.

We want to have a shoot here. If you don't like this date cancel it.  :) We don't give a hoot. We shoot here almost daily.  ;D

-fb
�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

bob 210

I would never cancel a shoot. I'll make sure it get posted on all the appropriate lists.

Quote from: featherblue on August 31, 2010, 02:31:25 PM

The date was chosen for the reasons; instructors were available and the range was available. If this shoot conflicts with a shoot hundreds of miles away, so be it.

We want to have a shoot here. If you don't like this date cancel it.  :) We don't give a hoot. We shoot here almost daily.  ;D

-fb
If ye love wealth better than liberty,the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom,go home from us.We ask not your counsels or arms.Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen. SA

gglovesguns

Aside from having some instructors not able to attend both shoots, I don't think that the dual shoots will hurt attendance in either location. It's a good eight hour drive from Vegas to Reno and vice-versa. Most shooters aren't going to want to drive that for for a shoot, so each location will be picking up shooters that wouldn't have been willing to attend the other location anyway.

You're right; sometime in the future as Nevada Appleseed grows, dual shoots too close together geographically could diminish attendance at both shoots, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there!

Plus, it's kinda fun to announce our first ever Northern and Southern Nevada shoot! And it just happens to be on Nevada Day weekend too. ^:)^

gglovesguns

SavageShootr has updated the forum post for Gardnerville shoots: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=10802.0/. There is a flyer available. Please download, print and distribute or download and email out. Time is short, let's start in on publicizing for this shoot.  :~