News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Van Etten 8-21/22

Started by northbridgewater, August 23, 2010, 11:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northbridgewater

The usual suspects were rounded up from the RWVA instructor corps for the latest incarnation of the Van Etten Appleseed. 17 students arrived Sat. morning for a weekend of instruction and education. The weather was near perfect Sat., Mid 70s and overcast. Sunday was near perfect, for a duck. On the bright side, the farmers appreciated the inch and a half of rain, even if some of it never hit the ground because it was blowing sideways. Sgt Rock proved his moniker- a rifleman, anywhere, any weather. And some of the students proved it, as well. Congrats Cat and Kevin! That patch looks good on you. We had several more who were oh so close. And persistent? At least one completed every string of fire on a weekend with a ridiculously high round count- you know who I'm talking about, Jessica :---. Gunville with a cracking 1st strike, Rock with the 2nd,  imker with the 3rd, and a cameo on Sunday by kdan, and I don't think it gets any better. Beautiful modeling, vibbit.
     We had students aged 16 to 73. I want to thank and commend each and every one who participated. Your persevering through challenging conditions leaves me highly impressed.  And Sheryl, that hat looks good on you!
     Pictures to post soon.

northbridgewater

Some pics

northbridgewater

More pics

northbridgewater

How about the rain in that last one?

northbridgewater

And more pics. Help! I lost the pic of sgt. Rock lovingly instilling the basics with a riding crop.

northbridgewater

There it is! Second post of pictures, top pic. That poor guy had welts all over him! ~~:)

sgtrock

With 3+ inches of rain on sunday, we had to do everything we could, to keep the shooters focused ~~:)

vibbit

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people...
They are the only sure reliance for the preservation
of our liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

It takes time to persuade men to do even what is for their own good.
Thomas Jefferson

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it
and hang on. 
Thomas Jefferson

ammodillo

wish i could of made this shoot  :'( but college doesnt leave much time along with an old injury i will be having fixed the 20th wish me luck and God bless all of these faithful shooters and congrats to my little sis for taking the hat
freedom is only free for those willing to fight for it and defend it