News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Oklahoma City Metro Area AS - New range coming online October

Started by Scarecrow, August 23, 2010, 11:42:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

Greetings all.
The paper work is being filled out this week for Canadian Ranges/Banner Road (El Reno/Yukon) site to host AS.
I will push to get that back in hand and mailed in to National by end-of-week.
Pending completion of paper work, a firm date has been set for October 9&10. (Three weeks after the Afton shoot.)
Instructors mark your calendars.
Henschman & I looked over the site Friday evening.
I will step up as lead promoter for this event.
We can do 35 to 40 on the line and plastering the OKC area with flyers should fill it
I expect this will become a DAR as the owner/operator is supportive of this type of activity.
Figure maybe 2-3 shoots a year at this local.
Let's rock&roll.  :---

dalesp

Wow - that's going to make for a busy month -- Afton 9/18-19 . .  Ft. Worth, TX 10/2-3 and then Banner Rd. 10/9-10.

At this rate it looks like I might get my 10 Appleseeds in this year after all . . . O0
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

henschman

Great job, Will!

I figure we'd better take advantage of the fall weather and stack our shoots pretty deep during that time.

Lately, we've been just scheduling our shoots one at a time with not much lead-up time.  We've still been filling up the lines, but that's just because the program is relatively new to the state and there are lots of people who are very hungry for it.  After most of the low-hanging fruit has already gone through the program, we are going to have to start promoting our shoots a lot harder to get a turnout.  We're not going to be able to do that if we don't have a schedule of shoots planned out where people can make definite plans several months in advance.  I'd like us to get to the point where we have our range lineup scheduled 6 months or more into the future, so students will be able to better make plans to attend an event.

That means everybody who isn't already doing so needs to follow in Will and Dale's footsteps and start talking to range and land owners.  If you aren't doing this, that is why we don't have enough shoots on the schedule.  Its really not that hard to bring a new range on board -- we have a lot to bring to the table.  The hardest part is getting yourself to make that first contact.

If any of you have any questions or need any help with any part of this, feel free to contact me any time.  You can PM me, or call me at four oh five - eight eight oh - oh five oh six.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

oldgrunt

Let me know what I can do to helpout...just say the word Im there....
Follow Me..I am the Infantry..
                                         Iron Mike

THE MAN COMES AROUND..Johnny Cash

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

POP

Way to go Scary, Hensch, Dale, OkTx, OG, et al.   O0 
:~ :~ :~ ^:)^
You guys are doing great. 
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

oldgrunt

Well pop it all started with a little sand box in texas...It took a texan to kick it off 3 years ago at the Badlands shoot with fred's help..but after that we said we got to have our own..With the help of a laywer and a few good ole cops its turned out fine..hench was the turning point for me I couldnt have gotten this far without those 4 guys that kept coming back ..And now 3 are with us...I cant stand to think what it was like before they came along..but know its all because of that old rundown dog racing track that made Appleseed take off in Oklahoma...DAVILLA TWO OH NINE  11 OH NINE.. AND THE OTHERS THAT WILL FOLLOW .....THANKS FRED ITS BEEN A GREAT RIDE....Now if I can just get a ride to waterman lol I'll be there too with my stuff bear in hand....Keep doing the good work pop your a asset to us all...seeya somewhere soon I hope...
                                         Iron Mike

"If there must be trouble,..Let it be in my day,That my child may have peace".....

THOMAS PAINE

dalesp

This shoot still isn't on the schedule.  Has the proper paperwork been sent in?
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."

henschman

Yes, Scarecrow got the paperwork from the owner and gave it to me yesterday, and I sent the EIP to SavageShootr last night.  It will probably be a week or so before it is posted.  But the date is firm, so feel free to tell anyone about it.
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

dalesp

Great! -- Good job everyone on getting this together.  I already have sent press releases to some of the local papers.  Several guys at work have asked about this shoot too.  I have a gun store in Newcastle that wants the fliers for this shoot.  They also said that they will put Appleseed brochures in the boxes of all the rifles they sell!  Need to get some fliers to them.

We have four months left in the year -- There's room for at least two more Appleseeds this year - and we need to start working on next year!

Scarecrow

Yeah, 2011 is gonna be challenging.
I plan to plaster the metro with flyers for Banner.
This one is for Don.

Scarecrow

El Reno/Banner Road, "Don Bell Memorial" shoot is up on Eventbrite.
PM Instructor Scheduling to sign up.
Be sure to get the corrected flyer as the first one has a range fee error.
RF is per day - per person not $8 for the weekend.
I will have printed flyers available at Afton.
The big metro blitz will start when I get back from Waterman.

oktx

I registered Sunday only as I have a conflict on Saturday.  Can't wait, though.   :D

oldgrunt

We'll take you anyday ...your going to make it this time..210 or bust dear lord dont let there b water near by...u might get wet...seeya in a week folks..waterman's so cool....OG an Scarecrowe rep Oklahoma  doin the big show
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oldgrunt

They have 10 round mags for the SW ar 22 mags ..just like we need them..So shellie order me two when u get urs....seeya at afton
                                         Iron Mike

THOMAS PAINE

oktx

Quote from: oldgrunt on September 12, 2010, 09:11:11 PM
They have 10 round mags for the SW ar 22 mags ..just like we need them..So shellie order me two when u get urs....seeya at afton
Ha.  I just saw those.  I won't be at Afton but see ya at Canadian range in Oct.  Have fun. 

Scarecrow

Promotion blitz starts now.
Any/all assistance appreciated.
I have printed flyers available at Afton shoot.

..:..
Just got home from Illinois,
lock the front door, oh boy!
Got to sit down, take a rest on the porch.
Imagination sets in, pretty soon I'm singin',
Do, do, do got that Waterman joy.

Scarecrow

Banner shoot update:
Charcoal and gas grills are approved for Saturday night, Sunday morning.
NO open campfires.
Gate will not be locked Fri-Sat night.

K98Al

Just a thought - I just emailed my local State Rep - Mark McCullough from district 30 and invited him to attend this shoot, and extended that to the one in October as well. I wonder how many folks like this we can get to attend here in Oklahoma? Surely it ought to be easier here than in other states.
Has anyone else tried this?
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.