News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Paperwork for AS site signin

Started by doubleshock, August 22, 2010, 09:12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubleshock

Question  I am signed up for the shoot at Knob Creek KY on Sept. 11-12. I have been e-mailed some paperwork that I guess I will need to "get in" to the shoot on the first day. I am new to the computer age and do not have a printer to off load these forms for the shoot. Is it essential that I have this paperwork in hand on opening day? Thanks for any helpful info on this.  Doubleshock

ItsanSKS

The confirmation email that you received should be printed out and brought with you to your event.  This is your receipt of payment, and should the check-in sheet not have your name on it, we must rely on your having a receipt to prove you paid.   99% of the time, it isn't necessary- but that 1% could make the day interesting.

You should be able to print it out at the local library, or perhaps even a fedex/kinkos type place. 

In addition to the receipt, you should have also received a few links to information for first-time Appleseeders.  Information such as what to bring, and how to prepare for your first event. 

Forum member "Mudcat" is slated to run that class, so you may wish to get in touch with him- he may be better able to advise you on what you can do to get around having it printed out.

-ItsanSKS

PS: Thanks for signing up for your event!  Might I ask how you found out about Project Appleseed?
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

doubleshock

Itsansks    I subscribe to Backwoods Home Mag. and saw the original article on AS there. When I became computerized, I looked y'all up and felt the message. I went to the shoot at Knob a few months ago unofficially to check it out for a couple of hours and decided to pursue the  knowledge  and hopfully improve my weak shooting skills at the same time.  doubleshock   

Mudcat

Hey Doubleshock glad you got signed up. I am looking forward to seeing you again, and on the line this time.  O0 As far as your ticket if you want to forward the e-mail /ticket to me I will print it out for you and bring it with me. That way we will for sure not have any trouble. You can email me at kyrwva@yahoo.com.

Mudcat
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

doubleshock

mudcat  thanks for the reply on the tic printout question i had. i just sent it to a friend of mine who has a printer and we had success in printing out the tic for the upcoming shoot. other than buying a couple hundred more rounds of ammo and getting in more practice with my newly accquired ltr i'm ready to go. still trying to figure out if the tech sights will be primo or if i should check out a scope to maximize my potential.  thanks again for your help!    doubleshock

Mudcat

Glad you got it worked out. O0 We will be looking for you in a few weeks.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Unbridled Liberty

My wife and I are signed up for Knob Creek for Saturday the 11th.  Looking forward to meeting y'all!
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

kentuckyjam

Can't wait to meet all the new participants!  Be ready for a great weekend!
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

thoricuncle

I have my receipt but have not received any other email.

I have checked the FAQ's and items to bring list.

Is there another form I need to fill out?

Also, I have purchased an M1 sling from the store.  I really like it.  I would like to get one on my SAIGA.  Will there be any for sale tomorrow?

kentuckyjam

Unfortunately, we will not have any for sale tomorrow.  Your receipt will be fine.  Look forward to seeing you there.
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

Mudcat

I may have one or 2 extra I will have to go through my box once I get there.
--George Washington