News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CO ladies Only Appleseed - Urgent

Started by RifleWoman, August 21, 2010, 12:09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RifleWoman

All you Colorado folks we need to get the word out about the Ladies only Appleseed on Sept 25-26 in Ramah.  So far there are no pre-regs.  This is a big worry! :(

We need to get this full.  We have 42 spots to fill. 

How can we fill them?
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

Mom2Sarah

I live locally to the Ramah Range, just put up some flyers around town  :)  Hopefully can get some of the local women out there

RifleWoman

Good job.  I have several who have promised to go but I've not seen them sign up yet.

paddymurphy

I have some friends at Kiowa Creek Sportsmans club.  I will see if they will post some fliers. 

I have also tried to get some folks to go.  One has to work two others will not committ, but I will keep trying.

I can also see if I can generate some interest on another forum.

Fred

Maybe we should tell them not only will there be no stinky men there, but it will be FREE!! :)

Or maybe get the word rumor out there'll be some young good-looking college guys there? :) :)

And I thought I heard someone say Elton John is likely looking at his schedule to see if he can be there! :) :) :)

(Stand by over at Eventbrite - I hear the computers being fired up!)

Ladies, if you like the idea of a ladies-only Appleseed, you gotta support it by coming. Let your husband mow the grass that weekend, you're taking the weekend off for something you've never done before, but which looks like fun.

Please go to Eventbrite to register - it's free. Here's the link: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/768466504%20%20%20%20%20%20
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Cora_Munro

How does it look so far? I'm still quite unfamiliar with how to find things on the forum, so I don't know where to find registration numbers....

Cora_Munro

I did sign up to teach on both days, but I could just shoot :P

RifleWoman

14 signed up but we need instructors so plan on teaching

Oh, and drag lots of your friends, you are good at that  ;)

Cora_Munro

RifleWoman

I knew you had something up your sleeve  O0

RifleWoman

I am so evil  >:D  I just got notification that 2 ladies signed up for Ramah in Oct!!  NO!!  So I e-mailed back and told her about the one in Sept with the cool free ladies only t-shirts and only ladies attending.  @)  Hopefully they'll come to this one.

kentuckyjam

That's not evil, that's insightful.  Women love free t-shirts.
Liberty will not persist without personal responsibility.

Cora_Munro

We really do. My size is SM by the way...RW, will you be there? I need more SM regular shirts as well, come to think of it (I only have two and both are getting borderline gross).

Cora_Munro

I already have one coming on Sunday. She's a newbie though, and we may have a few of those who will be coming for one day only. But she's stoked to be around ladies and guns, hahah....the best part, she's one of the worship leaders at my church :P I love it!!

RifleWoman

Very cool.  Yep we've got small T's actually we have XS T's in these shirts.  These run really really small though so you might want larger.  I'll see if I have any small regular T's.  Maybe BlueFeather has more than I do.

And Yes, I will be there.  I'm dragging a few friends myself.