News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2010 DFW Gunshows: Your help needed!

Started by spitstickler, August 20, 2010, 02:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitstickler

With the Designated Appleseed Range (DAR) going into place at Quail Creek, everyone with an interest in helping Appleseed accomplish our mission is going to be needed to help filling the lines in DFW and the rest of the state. You don't need to be an instructor to help out with promotions. A passion for Appleseed will do just fine, and we will need each and every one of you to keep the program growing.

Helping out with gun show booths at is a great way to introduce Appleseed to a lot of people. If you are able to assist or take lead at any of the events below, please respond to this post.

August

Aug 21-22, Dallas, TX    Opportunity missed
Dallas Market Hall, I-35E at Market Center Blvd., 2000 tables, 8 ft. Trade Tables $60.00, Adm: $8.00,Children under 12 free. Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-4pm, www.dallasarms.com, P.O.Box 742, McKinney, TX 75070. For general info and table availabilitycall Tom Wilder at 972-369-6062

Aug 28-29 Ft. Worth, TX     Opportunity missed
Will Rogers Center 1200 tbls $70 ftworthgunshow.com 817-732-1194

September

Sep 11-12 Mesquite, TX   Opportunity missed
Mesquite Rodeo Center, 400 tbls $65, Sat 9 - 5, Sun 10 - 5 Admission is $8 mesquiterodeogunshow.com 817-732-1194

Sep 25-26 Mesquite, TX Opportunity missed
Big Town Exibition Hall, 8' tbls $65 in advance $70 at door SH: Sat 9-5 Sun 10-4 North Texas Gun Club 214-341-2895 www.classicshows.com

October

Oct 9-10 Ft Worth, TX    vol_70 taking the lead.  O0 Help Needed!
Will Rogers Center 1200 tbls $70 ftworthgunshow.com 817-732-1194

Oct 15-17 Ft Worth, TX
Fort Worth Stockyards, Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame, TEXAS GUN COLLECTORS ASSOCIATION; 8' trade tables $160 ea & 8' display tables $80 ea; Contact Crockett @ (210)323-9519 or e-mail: tgcashows@yahoo.com  See website for up-to-date information:  www.texasguncollectorsshow.com

Oct 16-17  Mesquite, TX
Big Town Exibition Hall, 8' tbls $65 in advance $70 at door SH: Sat 9-5 Sun 10-4 North Texas Gun Club 214-341-2895 www.classicshows.com

Oct 30-31 Allen, TX
Allen Event Center, 190 East Stacy Rd 8' tbls $75 in advance $80 at door SH: Sat 9-5 Sun 10-4 North Texas Gun Club 214-341-2895 www.classicshows.com

November

Nov 20-21 Mesquite, TX
Big Town Exhibition Hall, 8' tbls $65 in advance $70 at door SH: Sat 9-5 Sun 10-4 North Texas Gun Club 214-341-2895 www.classicshows.com

Nov 27-28 Dallas, TX
Dallas Market Hall, I-35E at Market Center Blvd., 2000 tables, 8 ft. Trade Tables $60.00, Adm: $8.00,Children under 12 free. Sat 9am-5pm, Sun 9am-4pm, www.dallasarms.com,
P.O.Box 742, McKinney, TX 75070. For general info and table availabilitycall Tom Wilder at 972-369-6062

December

Dec 4-5 Mesquite, TX
Mesquite Rodeo Center, 400 tbls $65, Sat 9 - 5, Sun 10 - 5 Admission is $8 mesquiterodeogunshow.com 817-7321194

Dec 11-12 Allen, TX
Allen Event Center, 190 East Stacy Rd 8' tbls $75 in advance $80 at door SH: Sat 9-5 Sun 10-4 North Texas Gun Club 214-341-2895 www.classicshows.com
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

spitstickler

Anyone willing to help this month with the shows in DFW? We have a new local range that we need to fill the line on http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16138.0  and 7.5 million people in the metro area alone that need to hear about the program.

I will have a table at the DIVA event on Sep 25, but it would be great to get something going at the Big Town show in Mesquite, TX. Materials are available we just need some volunteers to step up and make it happen. WFAA Channel 8 is going to be down in Davilla the weekend prior (18th-19th) to do a story on Appleseed and having the chance to engage people while this is fresh on their minds is something we shouldn't miss out on.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

charles_w

Great opportunity this weekend!  A table at the Fort Worth Gun Show at Will Rogers opened up and we are in!  My wife is picking up the display stuff from Kirk this afternoon and I'll be at the show to set up at 7:30 tomorrow morning.  The show hours are from 9-5 on Saturday and 10-5 on Sunday.  It sure would be nice to have some help!  Due to commitments at church, I can't be at the show from 10 until about 1 on Sunday, so there is one definite time I need some help.  Any other help will be greatly appreciated!

Give me a call at 817-879-1625 or email me at cwscreenprinter@gmail.com to let me know when you can help out!

charles_w

Here's a quick update on the Fort Worth Gun Show happening this weekend at Will Rogers...

My family and I set up the table Friday night.  The attached photo shows my sons at the table right after we finished setting up.  They staffed the table with me today from 9 - 5.  We counted 105 different people that we spent time talking with and gave information to!!  Many of those conversations were 5 - 10 minutes long -- lots of good interest.  We printed out a schedule of the remaining events this year in Texas and took 50 copies with us -- I figured that would be enough for the first day.  We were down to our last one by lunch!  My wife was gracious enough to print out more and she brought them to us mid-afternoon.

It's hard to say how many of those we talked to will actually come to an event, but there are a lot of new people who now know something about Appleseed.

The show runs tomorrow from 10 - 5.  Anyone who wants to spend some time talking to people about Appleseed is welcome to join us!

FINAL REPORT

We finished up the show today.  Many thanks to Kirk and his daughter for staffing the table this morning!  Today was a busy day with -- we talked to a total of about 150 people.  Again, some knew a lot about Appleseed, some had just heard of it, and some heard about it for the first time today. 

Additional thoughts...

The gun show is a good opportunity to get the message in front of a lot of people in a two day period.  I think a continued presence at the show is a good idea -- not necessarily every single one, but at least a few times a year to keep our message in front of people.  The next show is scheduled for Jan 1-2 at Will Rogers -- my plan is to get a table at that one and distribute the schedule for the first half of 2011 at that show.  I'll post another message later to ask for volunteers to help staff it.

Aromatic

Thanks for stepping up and doing this vol_70.  Promotions is tough work.

Fred

"Saving the Nation, one Rifleman at a time" can easily be morphed into "saving a nation, one person at a time".

As Aromatic says, it's tough work.

Not as tough as Valley Forge, we quickly remind ourselves - but tough, nonetheless.

Thanks for doing this, vol!

And special thanks to your sons, who are learning some valuable lessons in life. (Maybe better not let them know that, as it's not a "plus" in 21st-century America to learn valuable life lessons. :'( But they're prob already much more advanced than most kids their age. O0)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

spitstickler

It was a good show. For the time I was there this morning, it was really nice to be able tell the folks this time that we not only had one, but two DFW locations they could attend in the next month. "...better sign up early, the first event sold out quickly!"  

Charles, thanks a bunch for stepping up to the plate here. You pretty much flew this one solo, but looks like your boys made great co-pilots. Great job spreading the word! O0