News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

FIRST DFW Appleseed

Started by doubleLL, August 19, 2010, 04:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doubleLL

Calling all DFW area folks!

We will have our first DFW Appleseed on October 2-3rd.  Mark your calendars and sign up. We will need a good turn out to get another AS in Nov. The range will hold 44 shooters and is .22 only event with the age limit being 12.  ^:)^

The facilities are top notch with a shaded firing line, bathrooms, and classroom if we need it. O0

Here is the link to the range and don't forget to sign up:  :~  :~  :~

http://www.quailcreekrange.com/
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

Reddot

Great News Lauren!! ;)
Super work!!
Fellow Texans, Lets Fill that line!!! :~

dalesp

All right!

I'm already signed up -- Now I need to make sure my kids can break away from their studies/jobs for the weekend.  I've been to this range several times - nice place.  Convenient location - close to Cabela's too.
"There are three reasons to own a gun: To protect yourself and your family, to hunt dangerous and delicious animals and to keep the King of England out of your face."
                          ~ Herschel Shmoikel Pinchas Yerucham Krustofski (Krusty the Clown)

spitstickler

Awesome! Great job Lauren! :bow:

All you DFW folks who couldn't make a long drive, excuse time is over.  ;)
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Grumpy

Um, I can't be three places at once.... Davilla work days(maybe), Atlanta,TX AS, DFW AS............ :sos:
Turn off the X-box and focus on the X-ring.

Reddot

Grumpy, we don't want to hear your problems, we have bailing to do  ~~:)  :sos:   And there's another shoot coming on the schedule for that weekend in Shreveport.....
We'll discuss staffing for the rest of the year this weekend.
I'm looking forward to seeing you.
Chuck

starfox

Quote from: Grumpy on August 20, 2010, 10:14:21 AM
Um, I can't be three places at once.... Davilla work days(maybe), Atlanta,TX AS, DFW AS............ :sos:

Then you aren't trying hard enough!   **)

I'm thinking the work day will be postponed given the timeframe and the fact that I don't believe Scout has gotten a chance to get the supplies/funding from Fred.  Bailing is more important anyways.

I'm totally psyched for our first DFW Appleseed, it's been a long time coming, but DoubleLL can network like nobody else! :bow:
The range owners at Quail Creek are great and have a beautiful range. 

spitstickler - I'm thinking we should definitely do a gun show in September to promote the range/event. 
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

doubleLL

I am so excited about this range; the owners are all round wonderful people who understand the value of marksmanship.

We are talking about making the range a DAR- but that doesn't mean we shouldn't sign up!

Spitstickler is right- there are no more excuses for you fellow DFW folks  &) - I promised we could fill the line!  :---  :---

We will also have the civil air patrol cadets joining us on the line for this event. The young cadets are a outstanding group of teenagers who have whole heartedly support us and are excited about their first AS.
Davilla 3-10

spitstickler

Let's get the word out and fill the lines in Texas. We need every voice in Texas to help in the effort. Any volunteers ready to pitch in?

Sign up to help at a DFW area gun show here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16165.0
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Instructor Scheduling

Y'all do have an EIP in the works for this, right?

Reddot

macjet

No FMJ allowed at Quail Creek unless you were able to get a waiver for the training.

I would have attended but I see a major FAIL in the NYT rebuttal. Extremely disappointed in the Appleseed project at this time. I would have brought at least 15 men to this event but at this time I will not be endorsing this program any further.

Happy shooting to those who do attend.
Davilla 3-10

Grumpy

O.K. my decision has been made ++)
IBC Sept. 11-13, Davilla
Atlanta, TX. Oct. 2-3
DFW Nov. 13-14

Bout wore my quarter out between Atlanta and DFW.
Turn off the X-box and focus on the X-ring.

M14NG

:-\ pardon my ignorance, but what does "a major FAIL in the NYT rebuttal" mean? ???
Criss

starfox

Quote from: Grumpy on September 06, 2010, 06:47:02 PM
O.K. my decision has been made ++)
IBC Sept. 11-13, Davilla
Atlanta, TX. Oct. 2-3
DFW Nov. 13-14

Bout wore my quarter out between Atlanta and DFW.

Grumpy, that's perfect picking!  We'll have to staff the November event more heavily from the DFW-centric part of the Instructor corps.  The Oct shoot is bringing in the Scout, Reddot and Alarmlist and will be a relay event.  Not sayin' we don't need the instructorsfor both shoots, but we'll definitely need some help with November.  See you then!!!

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

starfox

Quote from: M4FNG on September 06, 2010, 07:59:01 PM
:-\ pardon my ignorance, but what does "a major FAIL in the NYT rebuttal" mean? ???

The NYT rebuttal is the here: http://appleseedinfo.org/nyt-rebuttal.html

By major FAIL, I can only assume he found some fault or something he disagreed with in the rebuttal.

Davilla 3-10

M14NG

Criss

alonso1

Great job DoubleLL O0

Y'all are rocking!  DFW is on the map!

dirtyrice

Cool. Hopefully this will have a good turn out. I may attend if I can. But I plan to come to davilla asap so I can shoot it with my fal. If I don't come I hope to see some good photos.

spitstickler

Quote from: dirtyrice on September 07, 2010, 09:24:40 AM
Cool. Hopefully this will have a good turn out. I may attend if I can. But I plan to come to davilla asap so I can shoot it with my fal. If I don't come I hope to see some good photos.

Hey Dirtyrice, Shoot at DFW with a 22lr and get the fundamentals nailed down and then go to Davilla with the FAL!

doubleLL

We only have 7 shooters sign up that means we still need 37 more, time for some applseed promoting!  ~~:)

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=16370.0
Davilla 3-10

dirtyrice

Quote from: spitstickler on September 07, 2010, 02:31:58 PM

Hey Dirtyrice, Shoot at DFW with a 22lr and get the fundamentals nailed down and then go to Davilla with the FAL!

I shoot as much as I can and i've been to one appleseed already, the one they had at tacpro which was pretty big. The last time I used my l1a1 as it's what I shoot most and if i'm gonna spend the money i'd rather use my fal the next time. If I use anything in real life i'm assuming it'll be bigger than a .22 especially because I don't own a .22

I'm sure everyone appreciates there being an appleseed in the dfw again but it being .22 only might be why so few have signed up. The one at tacpro was an hour+ away from the dfw and we still had just under 100 people. But with over a month left I hope the spots fill up so you guys can hold another there.

Reddot

Quote from: dirtyrice on September 10, 2010, 01:31:01 AM
Quote from: spitstickler on September 07, 2010, 02:31:58 PM

I shoot as much as I can and i've been to one appleseed already, the one they had at tacpro which was pretty big. The last time I used my l1a1 as it's what I shoot most and if i'm gonna spend the money i'd rather use my fal the next time. If I use anything in real life i'm assuming it'll be bigger than a .22 especially because I don't own a .22

I'm sure everyone appreciates there being an appleseed in the dfw again but it being .22 only might be why so few have signed up. The one at tacpro was an hour+ away from the dfw and we still had just under 100 people. But with over a month left I hope the spots fill up so you guys can hold another there.
Don't ever underestimate the power of a .22.  And for training they can't be beat.  The army high power team used to do all their initial training with .22s (not sure what they do now--that's been 25 years ago).  Alot easier to work out the bugs--heck of a lot cheaper,too.  Hope to see you on the line soon.

spitstickler

The October event is SOLD OUT!

If you want a place on the line in November, signing up early would be a good plan. ;)
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/820595423%20%20%20%20%20%20

lelehancock

realizing this may not be the place to post , please bear with me as I'm brand spanking new and this is my first post and had no better place that I could find. I am registered for the Atlanta, TX Appleseed and it will be my first. I am trying to recruit as many friends as I can to register.  My problem has been getting a response to some questions I have. I contacted the PR guy who is in Ohio, he gave me the email address to Scout and I sent two over the course of 2 1/2 weeks and finally got a response that his computer has crashed and he gave me his phone number which I have already tried twice and left messages and still no response. While hoping Scout is ok, I am still needing some questions answered that I'm sure only newbies would ask. Please anyone ,,,,,tell me the direction I need to go. Thanks, Linda #)

Reddot

Hi Linda,
I'm not Scout, but would be happy to try and help you. Please feel free to PM me--the little button off to the left.
Look forward to hearing from you,
Chuck

dragit

Quoterealizing this may not be the place to post , please bear with me as I'm brand spanking new and this is my first post and had no better place that I could find. I am registered for the Atlanta, TX Appleseed and it will be my first. I am trying to recruit as many friends as I can to register.  My problem has been getting a response to some questions I have. I contacted the PR guy who is in Ohio, he gave me the email address to Scout and I sent two over the course of 2 1/2 weeks and finally got a response that his computer has crashed and he gave me his phone number which I have already tried twice and left messages and still no response. While hoping Scout is ok, I am still needing some questions answered that I'm sure only newbies would ask. Please anyone ,,,,,tell me the direction I need to go. Thanks, Linda

What questions do you have?  If I can not answer them, I will find someone who can.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

dragit

QuoteHi Linda,
I'm not Scout, but would be happy to try and help you. Please feel free to PM me--the little button off to the left.
Chuck

Ah, did not see page 2 Chuck.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.  Goethe

Sarah Belding: Be careful. You're a man who makes people afraid, and that's dangerous.
The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

His genius was to promote collective action in the cause of freedom... Fischer

Reddot

Quote from: dragit on September 14, 2010, 08:49:07 PM
QuoteHi Linda,
Chuck

Ah, did not see page 2 Chuck.

Hi Tommy,
No problem, PM inbound!
Chuck

doubleLL

We will have a few open slots this weekend!  ^:)^ Now is your chance to make this sold out event.  :---  :--- :---

Davilla 3-10