News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Loaner for Oct 9-10?

Started by blackrifle, August 16, 2010, 06:41:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackrifle

Hey guys,
I just registered for the Oct 9-10 shoot at Miamisburg, and am bringing my girlfriend who does not have a rifle. Is it possible to get her a loaner rifle? Also, any tips on making sure her first real shooting experience is a great one?

Thanks in advance.

Blackrifle

Ratchett

Cannot speak for loaner rifle, but usually there is one or two generally appear. As far as a good first shooting experience---IMHO you have started off right by bringing her along to the M-burg Appleseed. Elbow pads of some type would be a plus, they do not need to be real thick nor have hard plastic on them. A long sleeve rounded neck T-shirt and capri style shorts or long jeans is best idea so as not to get hot brass in spots she would not want :) Plenty of cold water or gatorade.

I think she will walk away having had a great time! Hope to meet you on the trail. Best wishes to you both,

In His grip,
Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

MeanStreaker

No problem on the loaner. Please remind me as the event nears, but I"ll put her down for one of my 10/22s.  You may want to help her stretch into some shooting positions and help her get familiar with the functionality of the rifle if she's not already. Just let her know about your weekend as you're an expert now! Feel free to ask Ratchett or any of the other ladies for a female perspective. I look forward to meeting her!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

NorCal22Gal

In most cases just encourage her when she gets frustrated, but leave the teaching and such to the instructors.  Good job on brining her with you. Enjoy having a sport you can go out and do together. 

HPT

Glad you're coming back for more, Blackrifle.  I will have 10/22 loaners also, both scoped and iron.

Whatever the "female perspective" on shooting is, it's working.  I was soundly beaten at Camp Perry by a 15 year old girl with a bright pink AR-15.  Luckily I don't have a fragile ego.   :'(

Good advice from MeanStreaker - some stretching and getting into position will cut down on the after-AS aches.

To be ignorant of what happened before you were born... is to live the life of a child for ever.
-- Marcus Tullius Cicero

blackrifle