News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Contact Information and Need a "Ready Crew" for Texas

Started by Scout, August 10, 2010, 06:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

Hey Guys,

If you have not given your contact info to DooubleLL or Reddot, please do so. We are creating out instructor roster and we need your info. The fact that you send us your info does not commit you to any more or any less as far as instructing, it just gives us a way to track you down. :) ;)

We need a way to lay out the state as far as where you live, and your status etc. We want everyone eventually to have a home range within the state so that they have a home crew etc. they are part of and work with. This would not stop you from travelling to any shoots, it would just give you a "Home Crew".

We also need a "Ready Crew" for the state. This will be a crew who can pick up and head out for an event at a moments notice. I call you Friday evening and you can be in El Paso or Louisiana by Saturday moorning at 6:00AM. These guys need to be young and usually single unless you have a loving and understandiing wife who will understand you having to take the mission over a weekend at your mother in laws. ;) Taking this responsibility means you have to do the shoot, no matter what you had planned for the weekend. So think about this before you rush to sign up, but do not let it stop you from rushing to sign up either ;)

We will try to set it up so that we have enough folks that if you have to attend your own funeral, we can release you for that reason.

You can PM myself and Reddot and Lauren if you would like to be considered for this group. I imagine we will work up a patch to denote your service to a "Ready Team". Jacket Patches are a good thing ;)   
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Scout

Think about this before you just pass on it. It is a good place for the younger ready to go instructors. It is not something that happens all the time, it is a just in case team. :) ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Grumpy

By "younger", do you mean age or time in Appleseed?

I'm in if you can notify me on Thursday. (Work, ya know)
I can cover OK, MO, AR, and most of TX.
Turn off the X-box and focus on the X-ring.

Grunt Medic

Now that I'm back home in Texas, I'm ready to get started on the trail to become an instructor - the 'ready crew' concept interests me although my Guard drills are of course not negotiable.  I just need a mentor now - though I got to meet some good folks I hadn't before at this weekend's biathlon in Pecos, and see some familiar faces as well.