News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas KD Events

Started by Scout, August 10, 2010, 04:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout

We are going to start setting up some KD weekends at Davilla for this year. These will be weekends which will have the actual distance instruction on both Saturday and Sunday. These will be in addition to the Appleseed weekends already listed. Those of you who have not qualified at actual distance will want to atteend these as instructor/shooters.

I will let you know as soon as we have the space carved out for these events. They will follow the KD weekend structure I spoke to most of you about last year. We will be shooting within the 100-400 meter distances which follow the AQT and also have the additional history. If time allows we can get folks data out to 700-800 meters, after the KD instruction is done for the weekend.
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Aromatic

Are these events for instructors only or can anyone attend?

Scout

Quote from: Aromatic on August 10, 2010, 04:49:16 PM
Are these events for instructors only or can anyone attend?

These are for folks who have attended Appleseed events, have shot to the 180/190s or are already Riflemen. But instructors at these events will also be shooters. So we want to make sure that instructors who have not yet qualified at Actual Distance make these events and get their quals done for KD. It will also be a way to give the instructors a good lesson in how to teach Actual Distance for Appleseed events that have AD components.

We will start keeping better records of shooting skills and scores from events and we can invite shooters from the list to attend. We will announce the courses at events the rest of the year and then do invites from our llists of attendees and the shooting records from across the state. It will start off slow but I am certain it will be a big draw for folks who want to spend a weekend doing actual distance shooting.

BattleRoadUSA.com

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

Grumpy

Put me in, Coach.
I don't smoke THAT much. :o

Just let me know when to show up.
Turn off the X-box and focus on the X-ring.

Baminal

Date + KD Range = hot Baminal brass

..:.. ..:.. ..:..
The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

Scout

You guys are definitely IN ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

CaptG

I'll show up Garand in hand if my screwy shedule allows.
Guy
"If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed; if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case: you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves."
Winston Churchill

AlarmList76

Sounds like a great training opportunity!

Bill

Reddot

If we really want to have some fun, I'll bring out my WWI Springfields and both British and American Enfields.  That promises a sore shoulder for sure  :~

voortrekker

I'm definitely in as well!  O0

Thanks Scout for your consideration.

Attending the Known Distance(KD) range is definitely good to realize Appleseed instruction towards hitting paper targets at distance.  It certainly is a great accomplishment that my words cannot fully describe..........I can say from myself and watching other shoot it is : big smile, "I finally did it!", "This really works!", ....................."This is easier than the 25 yard qualification!"  <----It is   O0  ............and most of all........it truly is a great feeling to be able to hit your target at such distances with confidence.

At the same time, it's really good instruction for those that hunt big game, deer, elk, feral HOGS, antelope at distance as well.

There's nothing like bringing home food(meat) to eat with your family as natural and nutritious than nature provides, than big game.

KD instruction will definitely help those in attendance towards a confident shot at longer distances while hunting big game.

Gettin' hungry even typing this....... ^-^

Brett out.

If YOU are thinking, WE are winning.

lookylou

It does help to keep in practice.

Grumpy

Can I bring my "Big Fifty"? :cool2:

Baminal

I think if Grumpy can make the targets ring with his itty-bitty .308 rounds    :wb:   then it would certainly be appropriate to let the big dog bark. O0

The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

Grumpy

At $5.00 a "pop"....those would be some pricey holes in Scout's targets.

Reddot

We don't wanna put holes in Aromatic's Steel at Scout's range....in all seriousness, I'm not sure the range fan will support a .50--i've set up .50 caliber ranges and you'd be amazed at how hard it is to keep one of those things contained--and how much further they'll travel; if i can find my range data sheets I'll post them. 

Scout

Appleseed Policy is nothing over .32 on the line. As far as range policy here, while I love to shoot the .50, we just can not gurantee that we can control the projectile stays in the range with a possible downrange distance of several miles I can not take the chance on messing up the first   and longest running DAR in the Nation ;)

Believe me you will be very happy with the KD weekends when we start listing them. Voortrekker has been working with me on this idea for over a year now,( almost two), and we are determined to see this come to fruition as soon as possible. We will let you know when we can get the first events listed but they will be on before the end of the year. ;)

BattleRoadUSA.com

Grunt Medic

Definitely put me down as interested in attending the KD shoots, Scout!  My skills need a serious dusting off after being unused for months in Iraq - and my performance at this weekend's biathlon showed it.   :-[  I had an M14 built up for me while I was gone - should be home to pick it up in a couple of weeks, and can't wait to put her through her paces!

Eleanor of AQT

Sim and I would love to join you now that I have my Saturdays free and a Garand to occupy my time.

Eleanor
Davilla 1108

Texas Rifleman

...when the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
Davilla - 5/09