News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Roll Call & Discussion: Cedar City, UT on 25-26 Sept 2010

Started by ErikAnderson, August 10, 2010, 11:22:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ErikAnderson

We're just a bit more than six weeks out from the 25-26 Sept Appleseed @ Cedar City and we're still sitting at Zero (0) shooters.  I'm flying into Vegas Friday and driving up to CC, so we'll need BOTG to get the shoot box sent to.  This will be super-duper-Defcon5-critical, because I will be able to pack little else than targets and I don't want to drive around Vegas looking for a Kinko's at 8pm on Friday night  >:D

Now that you've had a taste of the Kalifornia Shoot Boss style, you can come our, compare the Missouri style, and decide which one you like more. ;D  Who wants some?  **)

V

Quote from: MisterAnderson on August 10, 2010, 11:22:12 AM
Now that you've had a taste of the Kalifornia Shoot Boss style, you can come our, compare the Missouri style, and decide which one you like more. ;D  Who wants some?  **)
Well the first part of respecting fellow Appleseeders might be to not mispell their State.  ;)

Fred

Yep, we need to spell "California" correctly. Guess it takes a while for the news to reach MO, V.

But we also need to ask, of our UT Appleseeders, "is there life in UT?"

Guys, every time "Utah" comes up, it's in the context of low turnout, lack of interest, etc.

We're trying to grow this program as fast as we can.

No doubt there will be sections of the country where for whatever reason seed falls on infertile soil.

While we'll keep trying - persist! - we can only do it for a time, before more fertile opportunities beckon.

We want AS in UT to succeed.

But as long as there is fertile soil in other areas of the country (there is!), we'd be foolish indeed to continue to try and raise a crop where a crop ain't gonna be raised.

We can't 'make' UT into an AS-friendly state. That's up to you guys here, on the UT state board.

OK, there's the challenge: "Make it work. Make UT into an 'Appleseed-friendly state'."

Otherwise, we're likely to move on to areas where local Americans are less inimical to the program.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

ErikAnderson

Gee, offer to take a ~900 mile drive off a guy's hands and all he does is complain!  One might figure left coaster's would have a thicker skin by now!  ^-^ ;)

Yes, Utah, Appleseed takes time, but it's time well invested. There's lots of work to do, but you have several states extending helping hands to overcome the inertia and getting your program started. It only takes a few dedicated, local individuals to ignite the spark which causes the flame of Appleseed to burn brightly in the great state of Utah! O0

ErikAnderson

I'm please to see that we've got 4 pre-regs on the books. I've talked to the local IITs/BOTG and we're all prepared to have a great Appleseed in Utah!  Keep the pre-regs coming! :---

Gordon

Looks like you guys are now up to 8 pre-reg's. Not a blockbuster (yet), but a good trend. Persist! And eventually you'll get V and Fred off your back.  :cool2:

ErikAnderson

Hey, we're up to 11 and I hear from out BOTG that there are more waiting in the wings to walk on! O0  I'm sincerely looking forward to this event Utah! :---