News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

McLean IL Aug 21-22 2010

Started by George63, August 10, 2010, 09:19:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

George63

------------------------

Gopher Boy

Thanks George.

I'm the SB for this shoot and Editor is SBIT.  I'll bring the standard IL firing line.  (T post and wire)   I could use some help with Backer board, Might have to go visit EEL on that.

G.B.

Shooter30-06

I plan to to get down to McLean Friday evening and help with set up.  I have a sun shade which I will bring and a large water jug.  It could be hot.  Let me know if there is anything else needed. 
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

George63

-----------------------------

TheEditor

I'll be bringing a 10x20 sun shade, as well as a 10x10 pop up and a couple of tarps that can be strung between to add more shade. 

Anyone who has some bungee cords, bring them along.

TE
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Gopher Boy

I have a 10 x 10 that I always have with me.

Patriot Gal

We'll bring our 10x10 and a couple of tables for general use. 

We could also be down there on Fri. to help set up.
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Gopher Boy

Instructors,

Watch for a PM the Wednesday before the shoot.

I generally want all IITs to do at least one DOM (DOW) and if someone ( uhmm.. PGal) wants to get a hold of Miki she does a fantastic Nancy Hart (Neice to Col. Daniel Morgan).  I'm sure she would share her notes

Other than that please let me (and Editor) know who is doing a PC.

rayout

I'm registered for this shoot and I was wondering if it would be possible to stop by a bit earlier and get some help getting my rifle zero'd.  I never learned to shoot growing up so I haven't a clue as to what to do.  I've got a cheap scope mounted to it since I shot it at a range and was having a tough time making out the front sight since it is black (maybe just too used to my air rifle w/ a fiber optic?).  I could use some help getting both the scope and iron sights zeroed.

Gopher Boy

Rayout,

This is something that we actually do on Saturday morning as part of the instruction.  If it's on paper, it's good enough.

If it's not on paper, we'll get it there quickly.

G.B.

Shooter30-06

Welcome to the Board Rayout!  See you at McLean.
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

TheEditor

For any of the shooters coming to McLean:  Plese bring shade popups or any shade you can!  If we have enough, we'll try to cover the firing line, along with a group of popups behind the line where we can gather for instruction and breaks.  Also bring folding chairs if you have them.  Looking forward to it! 

The Editor
John N.
Author of "50 Things You Didn't Learn in School - But Should Have"
www.heuristicbooks.com

Just Joe

Thanks to the Holland's for hosting and thanks to all those running the line for a great shoot.  Can't imagine a better way to spend the weekend.

45EJC

Wow, what a great weekend!!!  Not sure if this should actually be in after action reports, but it was a great first Appleseed for myself and my father!  Location was great - the Hollands' have a really nice spot for this.  The instructors were really incredible - you can tell they really care about what they were doing with the message, and really knew what they were doing with the marksmanship. 

I have lots of respect for anyone who has made Rifleman - I have done a lot of shooting growing up, love tinkering with guns, and enjoy pistol/3-gun competition.  It isn't as easy as one might think to reach that level - next time!!!  I just have to put it all together and practice. 

Aside from the shooting, I really loved the message and history of the weekend.  I will do what I can to get others involved.  Thank you all. 

As I am writing this, I am realizing that Gopher Boy is still driving home!  Thanks to all of the instructors efforts. 

Eric

Reveille

45EJC,
Comments like these are what keeps guys like Gopher Boy behind the wheel in the first place.  I am glad that you enjoyed your first time at an Appleseed event.  
Keep your eyes peeled in the after action reports (AAR) section for the McLean Appleseed.  You can post further comments there and possibly see photos too.  I hope to see you on the trail in the near future. O0

Reveille.
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Gopher Boy

Just got home to 45EJC's message and Reveille's response...

All I can say it Thanks EJC and What the Rev said.   O0

Look for more on the AAR

G.B.

rayout

I have a lot of people to thank for making this a great weekend:

Thanks to the instructors and the Hollands for making the weekend possible.  Thanks to everyone that lent me equipment to try out - Patriot Gal and Castle Mountain for their shooting jacket and awesome Ruger 10/22, Gopher Boy for the taped eye protection, Steve for letting me try out his cotton sling.

I appreciated how willing everyone at the shoot was willing to sit down and work with me at various stages even when I was getting frustrated.  Everyone was doing their little part - and practicing what they preached when it comes to being active and involved citizens.  I have no doubt that all the instructors have made their impact on many others.

My highest AQT score was a 168 but I'll be doing some practice using the sling and dryfiring at home - hope to see you all at Waterman.

-Steve

P.S. - Can someone PM me the quote from TheGuy about shooting the couch and TV?  I need to keep that on hand to tell my friends :D

Garand69

Sorry for the delay rayout, I am catching up on posts that I missed.

Instead of just the Quote, how about the Target with the quote, and hand them out to your friends.

Attached you find find the target jpg to print out at will.
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz