News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman 300

Started by EEL, August 09, 2010, 09:20:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EEL

Hey all you Illinois shooters..........This is gonna be the biggest shoot in the Nation.  You gonna let Wisconsin, Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, or Missouri have the most folks show up?

You gonna let these border raiders stroll into YOUR house and do that?  Didn't think so.  But you may be asking....What's the big deal?

Well, ponder this:

1.   A 400 yard long firing line
2.   3900 rounds on the Redcoat in under a minute to get things started
3.   The concussion you'll feel when 300 rifles go off at one time
4.   The pride swell in your heart knowing you are not alone in you patriotic feelings
5.   Think about that TV target.  Now picture how that will be with 300 rifles shooting for 1 1/2 minutes
6.   Think about how it will feel to "have been there"
7.   Think about the the tribute to fallen Americans so we can be shooting today
8.   Think about your "posterity".
9.   Make sure you bring kids.  This will most likely never happen again in their lifetime
10.  Meeting "like minded" folks from across this great Nation, sharing a little dust, and walk away with the knowledge that there are
      others all across the country that have similar thoughts.

See you there!

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Ashes

I've got a few threads started on other Forums. Also, I dropped off a bunch of fliers at JR Shooting Sports for the owner to review (anyone know they they've ever put our fliers up before?).

Scout

The Illinois Billboards are on the way. There was a bit of a glitch in Chicago that set us back about ten days so far, but I went to Decatur instead and have three signs ready to go for you guys up there. I will let EEL know when they go up so he can get soome pics of them.

I Also submitted requests for Evansville and Rock Island for this next week. Hopeffully they will be up in a week or so. There are also billboards in Terre Haute right across the border that went up this last week. One is on I70 facing east so folks travelling into Illinois will have a 14X48 lighted sign facing them as they leave Indiana and enter Illinois.

I would make sure some of you guys are lsting this event on every community calendar you can get your computers hands on. There are over a thousand community calendars statewide that can carry the Waterman message.

Also the GOA website offers you guys a chance to send out info to the newspaper, radio and TV stations in Illinois. I would sure take the opportunity to use it. It is an automated system that will let you send out your information five emails at a time, but is a great way to do this in one sitting. Anyone wiling to work the GOA system PM me and I will walk you through it.

Also I have been looking at the major cities and you can pick a city and send out invitations to all of the city depts. very easily by email. Same thing with this one, email me and I will walk you through it on the phone.

Anything we can do to help from Texas just sing out guys and we will be glad to lend a hand.
Scout

BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

EEL

Thanks Scout!!  This thing is building, slowly it sometimes seems, but it is building.  Thanks for all you guys are doing to make this happen.

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Old Glory!

Yaaaah!   112 as of noon today!   

THIS IS GONNA BE GOOOOOD!!!!!
"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

RichMan

I signed up yesterday, and got two friends to sign up today. I have several other friends who might be able to come if their schedules work out.

Rich

Patriot Gal

Should be 4-5 more from the McLean, Il shoot from this past weekend. O0
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

koolman68

2 more signed on. Thanks Gopher Boy for the push!!! :cool2:

Gopher Boy

EEL,  Koolman says it was a push.  It was a serious clown bat beating.   &)

Michigan Instructors will be well represented and I know they will have the time of their lives.

G.B.

hawkhavn

You're at 153 tonight, 147 to go!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Reveille

How are we doing on loaner rifles?  Mine are already spoken for and I may have more people interested but they don't have a rifle.  I could also take my name off the instructor schedule and add it to the shooter side if that helps the overall goal.  I do have plenty of center fire rifles laying around. 
A firearm is only an instrument. It contains no evil, no conscience, and no ability. It is strictly the intent, competence, and character of its user that decide the outcome of any and all actions taken with it.

Ashes

Looks like I'm going to be there too.
I'm gonna bring this:

And probably another shooter. I'm going to be looking for at least another shooter/guest and then I'll be out of rifles.

Reddot

Quote from: Ashes on August 24, 2010, 02:21:15 PM
Looks like I'm going to be there too.
I'm gonna bring this:

And probably another shooter. I'm going to be looking for at least another shooter/guest and then I'll be out of rifles.
Sounds like an excuse to buy more rifles  ;)  Nice M1 by the way...

OutaAmmo

Is anyone camping at Shabbona Lake State Park?

adamt

Quote from: OutaAmmo on August 25, 2010, 03:45:18 PM
Is anyone camping at Shabbona Lake State Park?

I myself, plan on camping there. I have been watching the available number of camp sites, currently 61 available. I would imagine that with 300 shooters and (15+?) instructors there will be more camping. I am waiting for more specific camping related discussion to develop as the event nears.

AdamT.
"If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."

--  Abraham Lincoln

Patriot Gal

OK folks... We have 12 short days to buck up these numbers for the Waterman 300 shoot.

If you have not already done so, or have been unable to access the Waterman posters, here is another opportunity for you to do so.  The manager at the Office Depot store in Peoria, Il will print out the posters, laminated, at $10 ea.  She will also do beautiful color 8x11" handouts of the poster at $0.39ea.  They are way better than you can probably print from your home printer.  She will UPS ship to us rapidly so we can get them up and seen by shooters who are just waiting to see them so they can register.

We need to get copies out to every gun store and range in the area.  You know best where to go and position them.  If each of us reached one to two shooters and they brought a friend or two, and they brought a friend or two....we could make it even with this short timeline.  But time is of the essence!!!!

Her email is <ods238cpc@officedepot.com>  Her name is Valerie. You may also call her at 309-681-0001.  Make sure you invite her to come.  ;D She is ex-Army and says she knows all about a rifle.....well, you know the rest.  She has the image already.  I will attach the jpeg to this PM in case you want to just print out the color 8x11 yourself and pass it around your community.

Thanks for all you do (and will be doing) for Appleseed!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

SkyHawk

Thanks Patriot Girl for that info.  Is there a way you can upload the original .jpeg (or reduce it some).  I would like to create a smaller .pdf as the one posted is a little big.  I want to do a mass email and attach it but it is a little big.  Thanks!
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

AFTERMATH

Quote from: SkyHawk on August 30, 2010, 02:30:15 PM
Thanks Patriot Girl for that info.  Is there a way you can upload the original .jpeg (or reduce it some).  I would like to create a smaller .pdf as the one posted is a little big.  I want to do a mass email and attach it but it is a little big.  Thanks!

Well, might a patriotic guy be of assistance to you?
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

SkyHawk

Thanks Aftermath! That will work.
"An elective despotism was not the government we fought for"  Thomas Jefferson

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

dragonfly

Quote from: SavageShootr on September 01, 2010, 04:58:12 PM
Waterman is at 200!!!

:)  :~  Its building slow but sure

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

AFTERMATH

200???

We can't defend the gates against the millions with only 200!
We rest until 300!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

SavageShootr

Aftermath.

Get the folks signed up in MN to come on down with you.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

AFTERMATH

Got a couple so far!

We'll see who else I can muster!
[I think they're afraid of EEL]

EEL

Thanks for all the help guys!!

The light at the end of the tunnel is shining a bit brighter......thanks to y'all  ;)

hawkhavn

That's only 10 a day...

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

POP

Quote from: AFTERMATH on September 01, 2010, 08:54:43 PM
Got a couple so far!

We'll see who else I can muster!
[I think they're afraid of EEL]

Tell'em Don't Worry.  EEL will be gentle with'em.   **)
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

scuzzy

Tell'em Don't Worry.  EEL will be gentle with'em.   2funny
POP

I dunno. If I had daughters I wouldn't let them around EEL unless there was a chaperone.

EEL's not kiddin' bout them ranges. How about this pic?

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

POP

Impressive Pic, Scuzzy.
I am really looking forward to this event.
Thanks.
POP
3 of 6
7 of 6
Davilla RBC 11-08, 2-09, 11-09, 11-10
Davilla IBC 4-10
Eureka KS RBC 7-10, 5-11
Osage Beach RBC 10-10
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
Waterman 300 9/11/10

I can explain it to you but, I cannot understand it for you.

I'll keep my faith, my family, my church, my liberty, my property, my money...oh, and my guns. You can keep the CHAINS. (Triskele)

LittleMo

I may be posting this to the wrong topic, but since this involves the Waterman 300 shoot I figured to post it here. If this is not the correct topic place to post this, feel free to move it to where it should be.

Appleseed Facebook users - a word of caution.
I received an email that I had a Facebook invite to the event Appleseed 300 Super Shoot. Text of the email:
"Frank Tobia invited you to the event Appleseed 300 SUPER-SHOOT!!
Appleseed 300 SUPER-SHOOT!!
Saturday, September 11 at 8:00am
Are you attending?  Yes - No - Maybe
Thanks,
The Facebook Team

(If anyone would like to see the original email, PM me with your email addy and I'll forward it.)

I signed into Facebook to check out the event. The  event asks if I will be attending or not. There is also a place to share a comment. I wrote out a comment to "share" on that site, clicked "share", and was greeted by a message box that said my identity needed to be verified by a credit card number or my cell phone number. Huh? Needless to say I didn't provide that information and because I didn't, my message can't be shared unless this information is provided.

This can't be our Appleseed! Possibly someone is trying to scam by using the Appleseed name and this event to obtain people's credit card or cell phone numbers to rip folks off?  If this is a scammer and non-Appleseeders receive this, it would tarnish us.

To check this out, sign into Facebook first. The Facebook link is http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=136604146384636
If that link doesn't work, at your Facebook home page, do a search on "Appleseed 300 Super-Shoot".

Has anyone else received something like this on Facebook? Let me know if this isn't legit and I will report it to Facebook.

Gary

p.s. The message I was trying to share was...This should be a grand event! Meeting of so many Appleseeders; watching the faces of first-time Appleseeders as they "wake up" and realize they can make a difference; the sound of 300 rifles shooting at the same time! Not to mention, the instructors coordinating all the details and training all those shooters! It would be nice to attend but at this time being in upstate NY, it is too far from me.
Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont