News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman 300.

Started by nemohunter, August 07, 2010, 09:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemohunter

Alright you Hoosiers get on over to Waterman. it's not that far from ya. Heck it's farther for me and i'll be there with bells on. come on guys and gals. get over there and bring your friends and family.  O0
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

AuntieBellum

"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

EEL

Hoosiers, you're probably wondering...."What's the big deal nemo?" 

Well, ponder this:

1.   A 400 yard long firing line
2.   3900 rounds on the Redcoat in under a minute to get things started
3.   The concussion you'll feel when 300 rifles go off at one time
4.   The pride swell in your heart knowing you are not alone in you patriotic feelings
5.   Think about that TV target.  Now picture how that will be with 300 rifles shooting for 1 1/2 minutes
6.   Think about how it will feel to "have been there"
7.   Think about the the tribute to fallen Americans so we can be shooting today
8.   Think about your "posterity".
9.   Make sure you bring kids.  This will most likely never happen again in their lifetime
10.  Meeting "like minded" folks from across this great Nation, sharing a little dust, and walk away with the knowledge that there are
      others all across the country that have similar thoughts.

See you there!

EEL
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Andre

Quote from: EEL on August 09, 2010, 09:17:10 AM

8.   Think about your "posterity".

I think you might want to amend #8 to read "Think about your "posterity", not your "posterior"".  ::)

For that reason (and others), I plan for being on the firing line.  When I think about how far some folks travel for a "regular" AS, this isn't too bad, even from SE Indiana.  Anybody else going too? (Besides AuntieBellum)

Andre

nemohunter

alright Guys and Gals. it's getting closer. have you got yourselves preregistered? if not it might not be a bad time to do so.
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

West

I'll be there as an instructor.  Big day!

Wanted to take the time here to find out if there is an possibility of getting a ride with someone.  Really would like to carpool to this event.

Please let me know!

West :))

techres

Hawkhavn and I are going!  West, PM sent.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

colycat

Not sure where to post this, but, I would really like to thank the BLUE HATSwho I believe came from your fine state.  AT WATERMAN, What a great job of running the tents with the registration and the store and who knows what else.  EVERYTHING RAN SO WELL, NO ONE NOTICED. This is the best compliment because if you we not there, everyone would have noticed.  Which would not be good.

Thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

MeanStreaker

Quote from: colycat on September 13, 2010, 07:33:51 PM
Not sure where to post this, but, I would really like to thank the BLUE HATS
Thank you, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Huzzah!   

Huzzah!   

Huzzah!   
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Fred

Definitely! Ms. Pappy and the Indiana Blue Hats get a big O0!

We need MORE of you guys.

And we need you nationwide!
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

AuntieBellum

Thanks, everyone!  We're just happy to help out and support the cause, so thanks for having us.  I'm always in awe of the patriotism of the folks who come to Appleseeds, and my personal favorite part is watching brand new shooters "get it" and seeing them leave with a huge smile on their face!   ;D

I did have someone request a blue hat yesterday, so I passed the message up the chain, and you should be looking for more blue hats soon.   ..:..

So if anyone else is interested in joining AppleCore or you know someone who might be interested, send a PM to Niecie, the AppleCore Boss!
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Western Rose

Thank you blue hats!!! Couldn't have done it without you. O0
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

DaveD

May I use the term "AWESOME" to describe our Blue Hats   Applecore!  Applecore!  Applecore!  :) :) :) :) :) :)
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

GoldFish

Quote from: DaveD on September 13, 2010, 10:22:38 PM
May I use the term "AWESOME" to describe our Blue Hats   Applecore!  Applecore!  Applecore!  :) :) :) :) :) :)

I love the idea!  Thank you guys for making this shoot so much easier and better for the rest of us. ..:..
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity