News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Possible Del Norte shoot. 10/16-17/2010

Started by Devnull, August 06, 2010, 02:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devnull

I finally heard back from Bernie, our contact at the Del Norte range. Apparently he was injured a week after the April 19th shoot (Picked up and thrown buy a gust of wind!  :o ) and is doing better now.

Well he called me asking if we would like to have another shoot. Naturally I said yes.

Next week is their board meeting and he is going to try and get the 16 and 17th of October approved. I'll let you all know once it's official.

Chris/Devnull
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

SamD

Devnull

Ok folks. Were a go! The board voted on it and agreed to allow us to use the range again.

I'm waiting on the actual host app (I have to find a time to meet up with Bernie) and then I'll get it in and on the schedule.

So we are officially on for Oct 16-17th 2010! Woohoo!

SamD

Good deal Devnull.
Now we need to start promo

TaosGlock

I will get some fliers out in this part of the area!
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Gideon

Is this event going to happen in October?

SamD

Gideon

Terrific!  I plan to attend this event.    O0

Gideon

SamD

Great ,
Make sure to pre-register as soon as possible.
Look forward to seeing you there.
Sam

Devnull

Folks, it is official!

October 16-17, 2010
Rio Rancho, NM at the Del Norte Gun Club
Appleseed!

^:)^ :~ ^:)^ :~ ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :~ ^:)^ :~ ^:)^

I couldn't figure out how to make it any louder!  **) **) **) **) **) **)

BlueFeather

Dang, I thought you might be excited.  Nah, really... great job!  Bernie and Del Norte seem to be extremely elusive, despite the fact that they initially came to us!  I seem to recall that the April 19th shoot there was cancelled due to an impassible road and never rescheduled.  With the population base of Albuquerque, we need more events there.

Thanks for your tenacity!   O0

/BlueFeather
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. (not Edmund Burke)

Devnull

Quote from: BlueFeather on August 23, 2010, 09:33:48 PM
Dang, I thought you might be excited.  Nah, really... great job!  Bernie and Del Norte seem to be extremely elusive, despite the fact that they initially came to us!  I seem to recall that the April 19th shoot there was cancelled due to an impassible road and never rescheduled.  With the population base of Albuquerque, we need more events there.

Thanks for your tenacity!   O0

/BlueFeather

Bernie had a good excuse. The week following April 19th he was hit by a gust of wind while in the parking lot of his work and thrown 20 feet. He ended up in the hospital for a while and is still doing physical therapy. That Thursday was when they were supposed to vote on the make up date...

Were working on more shoots here. Ryan has been talking with the city range as well. I told him to get any and every date he can.