News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Promotions at Gander Mountain

Started by bedford, August 03, 2010, 09:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bedford

I spoke to the manager at Gander Mountain (in Green Bay) and he was very receptive to letting us promote Appleseed at the store.  We could set up a table outside the store, or use the the meeting room in winter, or use the room for demonstrations at no charge. He mentioned we could sell hot dogs to raise money if we wanted.

I am planning on putting together a display, like those used at a gun show, with a banner, tables, brochures, targets, etc.

If anyone in the Green Bay area is able to help man the table, that would be great!

I am hoping that Dunham's will also allow this as well.

It may be worth doing in your area, it may give us more exposure.

JoeZ

The Gander Mountain in Brookfield and Germantown both have accepted trifold for their information rack. I'll have to ask about the table outside though. Hunting season is coming and we have over a half million gun deer hunters who need stuff.

2004 season license numbers by county
Dane County.............29,989
Brown County............28,363
Waukesha County.......23,103
Washington County.....22,306

That's alot of gun owners.

I think Bedford's on to something........who's in? ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) Let's go people.
"What is she, that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, elect as the sun, terrible as the army of a camp set in array?" Canticle of Canticles 6:9

yellowhousejake

I have a relationship with both GMs is Indianapolis. We even had a few employees to Appleseeds. Amazingly, once they know who we are, the posters stay on the bulletin boards and never "disappear". I like the table idea btw, need to look into that.

YHJ
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

colycat

Getting the Gander employees to a seed is a great idea.  How about a few gift certs for the guys who work in the firearms Dept.  I am going to try it this week.  Wait, D-fly practically supports the whole gun section himself.  Ok, D-fly, go to Gander and give out some free certs for the guys behind the counter. ~~:)  Og has them.
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

dragonfly

Quote from: colycat on August 04, 2010, 08:10:24 PM
Getting the Gander employees to a seed is a great idea.  How about a few gift certs for the guys who work in the firearms Dept.  I am going to try it this week.  Wait, D-fly practically supports the whole gun section himself.  Ok, D-fly, go to Gander and give out some free certs for the guys behind the counter. ~~:)  Og has them.
O0
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.