News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cedar City UT Jul 31/Aug 1 2010 AAR

Started by V, August 02, 2010, 03:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V

Cedar City is really a beautiful place and the range here is easy to setup and has good facilities.

I really want to thank the local guys, Chris and Fred, for doing all the leg work to organize the events. They are a great team who are working hard to grow the program in Southern Utah. We are working on getting them setup better on the forum so they can work closer with the rest of the Utah and Nevada folks.

We had seven pre-regs all two days, three paid four free. We had four no-shows, one paid and three free. But thanks to Fred and his guys we had 5 walk-ons, all free.

Shane and Jeff were at the first AS and work together. Shane was our rifleman with a 217. Jeff was getting close. Stacy and her dog made great progress, well Stacy not so much the dog. Another Appleseed after practice at home and Jeff and Stacy will make rifleman based on the improvement we saw this weekend.

Curtis, Bobby, Chance and Marcus, showed great progress during the weekend shooting Fred's rifles and some borrowed LTRs and an SKS. We traced our scores from unqualified to just shy of expert steadily improving the whole weekend. I'd like to thank them also for helping Fred to setup and clear down the range.

Eugene, our free entrant who won his entry ticket by answering Fred and Chris "contest" on the local radio station - did I tell you Fred and Chris are working really hard on getting Cedar City up and running. We loaned him an LTR but unfortunately the event was a little too physically demanding during Saturday, so he sat out and watched.

We did the history during lunch and Sunday afternoon we even fitted in some Know Distance theory lessons. As the program grows here we will hopefully be able to make more use of the 200 - 500 yard range next door.

Once again, I'd like to thank everyone who turned out for a fun weekend and hope to see y'all again soon.

Cheers
Phil
And thanks again to the hospitality of Chris and Fred.