News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Started by Talon, January 02, 2008, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talon

VAshooter

SGTCap

about how many shooters did you have?

Grin Reaper

"There's gotta be a few umlauts laying around somewhere." JB

Bladerunner33

Sorry about all that moving around TALON,calling the line and video taping at the same time was new to me,i can forget the job with FOX-NEWS eh?!
Letting that kid use my AR was a serious high for me,thanks Talon for inviting me,it was worth ever dime$ and drop of Gas. ;D

slim

Awesome video! If that doesn't make people excited about an Appleseed, I don't know what will.

And hat's off to the instructors; very professional job. This video is the type of thing people need to see, especially those not familiar with shooting and marksmanship. There's such a common misconception about RKBA out there and stuff like this does a lot to clear that up.

Great job, guys!

Fred

Talon, thanks for the example (and thanks to bladerunner for the video) of Appleseed In Action - volunteers stepping up and making it happen. Hope it's not only "catching", but that there's no know antidote for it. ;D

(bladerunner: maybe not for Fox News, but it has the raw authenticity of truth...)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

PHenry

Quote from: Talon on January 02, 2008, 02:44:32 PM
There's not much to add to bladerunner33's report. We had a good turn out in spite if threatening skies, and those who did show up worked hard.
I didn't have many pictures or much video, as our plan to have a spare person to film didn't materialize. Everyone wanted to shoot rifles, not film!

We did have a good number of younger shooters; each youngster was constantly coached by fathers, range officers, or bladerunner33. It felt good to see their shooting improve. You should have seen their faces light up when I told them they were the future of this program, and in fact, the future of America. They lit in to the course of fire with gusto! The little ones got the maddest at their performance, and tried even harder to improve.

To the adults, I impressed that the time for action is now; 2008 is a critical year for America and Appleseed.  I talked about each person taking ownership of this program, one minute letters to elected officials, and getting out of their comfort zone to get involved. If I can get as many Americans as crazy about liberty and freedom as they are about football, then I'm doing something. Just think...IF the interest level was on par with football, we'd see a different America....and fewer foolish politicians.

For the history portions, I did use the April 19th 1775 theme and story, but since this was a mini and thus open to leeway  ;D  I talked a lot about the history of Riflemen through out America's past, covering both world wars to present. I kept to the nation of Riflemen theme, because that's what I want to see for my kid and the rest of America.

The support we received from ERML was excellent. Anything that they could do or provide, they did and would. They want us back in April, and we are currently setting a weekend to have a full shoot. We're hoping for April 19th, 2008. The schedule for that date is filling up fast and instructors are being allocated; if you can help out anywhere in the nation, please do so.

Here's a link to the video
http://s50.photobucket.com/albums/f325/DCP64/?action=view&current=pensacola_0001.flv

The site is asking for a password??? Would like to see the video!
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata