News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: 1st Annual TX Appleseed Instructor Round Up!

Started by starfox, August 02, 2010, 11:29:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

starfox

On Saturday, July 31st, the Texas Instructor Corps of the Appleseed Project got together with their families for the 1st Annual TX Appleseed Instructor Round Up!  Everyone met up at Buescher State Park near scenic Bastrop, TX for some fine Texas cuisine and time to spend with each other away from the rigors of the Appleseed Trail. 

Scout and family brought brisket (masterfully prepared by Scout's Dad), sausage, and some gourmet "sho-vel" style hotdogs.  The rest of the crowd more than compensated by bringing everything from corn casserole, homemade coleslaw, veggies, sides, and dips to making sure we will have to all hit the Trail hard to work off the calories from such treats as homemade ice cream, brownies, pies, and cookies!   Thanks also to everyone who brought the means to each the delicious spread of food and to POP and Sally for bringing enough refreshments to make sure we all stayed well hydrated in the near-100 degree heat.

And not to fear, some Appleseed business was conducted too.  Having a majority of the Instructor Corps in one place allowed Scout to lay out the vision for Appleseed in Texas, not only in the short term, but for the long term as well.  There were also prizes to be had and family appreciation gifts to give out. 

All in all, it was a really great time to build some good camaraderie and put some faces to names.  I hope everyone had a wonderful time and were as pooped out as our two dogs after a day of fun.

Pictures to come...
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

starfox

Now with pictures...especially see the one with Scout getting in trouble with the law  **) and the real Revolutionary War Veteran who showed up!  ;)

Note: Please see Scout's separate post for details on the business that was discussed.
"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women,
when it dies there, no constitution, no law,
no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand

"Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon . . ." - Rorschach, The Watchmen.

Davilla 3-10

Scout

The route GPS brought us by had me deploying the kids with machetes to clear a path, which did not take us by the office, where we did not get a parking permit... @&) &)

The two pictures of me lighting the fire are really close together. Those things that look like eyebrows above my eyes in the second picture are actually piles of ashes... :)

Aromatic later went down without me knowing and paid my bail and got me and the kids out on bond. THANKS NICK!!! ;) ;D

Thanks again Andrew and Lauren, you guys are the best Texas has to offer :) ;)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

doubleLL

Thanks everyone for coming out in 100+ heat for the picnic. I was just preparing everybody for the Davilla work day when we build the cover.  ;D

I wanted to show thanks to our families who support us on the Appleseed trail. Sometimes I think the families are bailing harder as they have to keep things running while we prepare and travel for events. Starfox and I would not be able to bail as much as we do if it wasn't for my mom and grandpa helping us out.  :bow:   :bow:

I enjoyed meeting the other instructors and talking with the families. We had a great time and, for next year, I will find an enclosed pavilion with A/C.  :) 
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10

AlarmList76

It looks like you all had a great time!  I got to mow my lawn and pack for my trip to Virginia.  Looking forward to the next Davilla Shoot in August.  Bill