News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Camping at Osage Beach

Started by zardoz, August 01, 2010, 01:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zardoz

I registered for the AS for Sept. 18,19.  Does anyone know if I can camp there Friday night, Sept. 17th?

Thanks,

Jim
To err is human, to forgive, Divine.
Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

smle

The gate should be open. To be on the safe side, PM Longshot and Thor's Hammer with your approx. ETA so they can make sure its open.
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

zardoz

Thanks, I will, about a week before I go.  Might even make the trip up to Columbia (Midway) as long as I'm at it.

Jim

Thor's Hammer

The gate to the range is usually open around noonish on Friday before every shoot. I go there in the morning to start getting last minute stuff tidy around the range.

TH
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.    George Carlin

zardoz

As soon as I get my tent up I'll give you a hand if you like.

Jim

Thor's Hammer

A helping hand is never turned away and always gratefully appreciated!

TH
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.    George Carlin

nemohunter

Did you get the ground hog yet :--- i know he was driving you  ++)
PLEASE DON'T STROKE THE EGO.

Thor's Hammer

Upon inspection of the facilities yesterday, he may have moved on. I used a little diesel therapy in June, maybe it was enough to convince him. If it persists, a dose of calcium carbide mixed with water and "shutting" his doors most surely will.

TH

libertyguild

I too will be attending the Sept. 18,19 and am planning on showing up Friday.  I would be glad to help in anyway.  Jim, I look forward to meeting you!
"Shooters!  Your preparation period has begun!"

zardoz

It will be good to meet you too.  Are you planning on camping?

libertyguild

Quote from: CM2 on August 15, 2010, 12:29:20 PM
It will be good to meet you too.  Are you planning on camping?

Yes we are planning on camping there. 

tittiger

That will make at least 3 parties camping there Friday night then.  Looking forward to meeting y'all :-)

FYI - I usually bring a cooler with some easy to prepare food, some water jugs and that's about it except for shooting stuff.
The Walmart if you need anything is about 12 or so miles away.

Take care

Joe

"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government."
~ Thomas Paine

Thor's Hammer

On a hopeful note, if the stars align correctly, the mobile home will be set up with electricity. It has a full kitchen and will have a refridgerator. Water can be obtained from the neighbor's well across the street.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Jason

libertyguild

Are open fires allowed?  If so should we bring firewood?  Any other insider stuff to know?  Am looking forward to it!

nemohunter

fire in the fire ring OK.  plenty of wood around to burn. if the trailer goes in there will be several trees that need burned.

Abelethan

I am actually thinking of coming down with my 10yo daughter. Is this a good age to teach her these things? And what kind of rifle should I get her? I was thinking of getting her a cricket to start on. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

smle

A Cricket is an excellent first rifle. Your daughter will be able to learn the basics with it very easily. Just get 1 1/4 swivels mounted on it for the sling. I do know more than one ten year old Rifleman.
If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid
If we forget what we did, we won't know who we are. Ronald Reagan
Courage is being scared to death - but saddleing up anyway. John Wayne

nemohunter

yes please do bring her and your wife as well if your married.

i recommend anything but the cricket. there are many fine small bolt guns. cz scout would be at the top of my list. marlin 15y and savage cub are also good rifles.

cmidkiff

Hey All...

I'm planning to arrive late on Friday, and I'll be camping at the range.  I'll see you all there!

Greybeard

tittiger

I will be in late also for a change Chris.  
Friday is Constitution day, and  my church is  going to be showing "A More Perfect Union" about the Constitutional Convention.

http://www.nccs.net/constitution-week/a-more-perfect-union.html

I will be handing out the rest of those nice AS pamphlets, at the showing. Thanks Nemo.

BTW Try the revolutionary war quiz/game here:   http://www.nccs.net/constitution/index.html

"It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government."
~ Thomas Paine

Thor's Hammer

Important notice to all.  There is a bikers rally in Osage Beach this weekend, with an expected 50,000 attending. Traffic will be a nightmare in town all weekend, it starts 9-16. To top it off, MoDot closed one of the Glaize bridges today, so 4 lanes of traffic will be on one bridge. We get to deal with this for the next 50 days.

As for water, bring your jugs, we can fill them up at the neighbor's house across the road from the range.