News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

LTR Loaner for this coming weekend (7-31-2010)

Started by Mr.Fancypants, July 26, 2010, 11:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Fancypants

I am bringing 2 new Appleseeder's with me to this shoot that have access to a varying degree of .22's. For all I know neither of them can get one that has a detachable magazine. I have encouraged both of them to post on here, but neither have, so it is getting down to the wire and I decided I might post for them.

They both have larger center-fire rifles, but ammunition is expensive. I am a 1st time Appleseeder myself, but was able to put together my own LTR.

Of course, as par for courtesy, we will supply ammunition and return rifles cleaned and lubed to the owners satisfaction.

Fred

Mr. FP, in case no one else responds, there's usually at least a few loaners available, at nearly every Appleseed.
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

jmdavis

Have them bring the .22's that they have. If they are a problem we will work something out. If they are tube fed, pick up some straws from McDonalds and we will show you how to make a simple speed loader. We can also rig slings, etc.

I imagine that we will have some loaners available.

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Mr.Fancypants

Jim, that straw trick sounds like a great idea.

Also... I guess I forgot to mention that we are going to the Ramseur shoot.

**Edit**

Just noticed your alias is jmdavis, and not "jimdavis" I guess my mind just filled in the missing vowel to make up your first name.

jmdavis

Quote from: Mr.Fancypants on July 26, 2010, 02:55:32 PM
Just noticed your alias is jmdavis, and not "jimdavis" I guess my mind just filled in the missing vowel to make up your first name.

No problem. It happens all the time.  ;D

I will be the shoot boss at Ramseur this weekend. I look forward to meeting you.

Mike

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

Mr.Fancypants

Out of curiosity, what time can we expect to be done on both days? I only ask because we have family in the area, and are coming in from out of town, might be nice to catch up with them at some point.

jmdavis

I  would like to be done by 6:30 Saturday and before 6 pm Sunday.