News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Lebanon - January 29/30, 2011 Status & Task List

Started by CortJestir, July 22, 2010, 10:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Status and Task List for:
Lebanon Appleseed - January 29/30, 2011
Last Updated: February 1, 2011, 2010

Event Information

Date: January 29/30, 2011
Shoot Boss:Vernic82
Instructors/IITs:fprintf (Sun Only), jonymo (Sat Only), Phixeon, CaptMac, CortJestir
Pre-Registrations: 20/25
Event Information Page:http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=17432.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/983976099
Flyer Download:
Event Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=17432.0;attach=37997
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors (vernic82)
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hats needed
  • Orange Hats needed welcome
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

CortJestir

vernic82

Awaiting word from the prez......I'll get him in the vernic death grip when I do.

Quote from: CortJestir on July 22, 2010, 10:12:05 PM
Go, vernic, go...
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

vernic82

presenting to the Board this Tuesday :)

Quote from: vernic82 on July 23, 2010, 11:49:13 PM
Awaiting word from the prez......I'll get him in the vernic death grip when I do.

Quote from: CortJestir on July 22, 2010, 10:12:05 PM
Go, vernic, go...
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

CortJestir

Well done, Mr. Vernic. Looks like we're looking at January 2011 with this one. More soon, folks...

CortJestir

Alright! We got not one, but two dates nailed down at this brand new Appleseed Host Range for Winter 2011! Well done, Vernic! The other date is March 26-27, 2011 but I'll put up a separate dashboard for that when the new year rolls around.

Next step is getting that Host App signed and submitted, then we can start promoting. vernic tells me the host range is itching to get this out to their members.  :---

vernic82

Meeting the club president this Saturday, 10/2 to get the Host App completed.  They're VERY anxious to get the event flyer out to their membership ASAP.
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

CJ-Just faxed you the Host App.  Let me know what else you need, thanks V82
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

Oh, I need a copy of the RWVA Insurance coverage with Bozrah Rod & Gun listed on it for this by the event date, thanks.

PS - they will be cooking breakfast & lunch for us. 

And are already asking for a warmer weather date O0
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

fprintf

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

vernic82

8 signed up already! O0

Looks like New London Co. is gonna be hot in January 8)
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Log

Just noticed that the dashboard title says January 28/29 but the actual dates are 29/30. Probably NBD, but...
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

fprintf

I will be there Saturday afternoon, probably 1-ish, and on Sunday all day. See everyone there!  I hopefully have a buddy bringing his new Ruger SR-22, it looks like real beaut and shoots pretty well too! 
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

vernic82

O0 O0 O0 O0

Quote from: fprintf on December 29, 2010, 04:01:17 PM
I will be there Saturday afternoon, probably 1-ish, and on Sunday all day. See everyone there!  I hopefully have a buddy bringing his new Ruger SR-22, it looks like real beaut and shoots pretty well too! 
O0 O0 O0
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

Holy smokes! :o  This one's jumped up 8 in one week to 20, maybe we'll even sell out! #)  Looks like a great opportunity for IITs to level up!  ::)
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

spudmanmike

Has anybody checked out the line we're going to be on??  Out in the open (wind..)?  Sheltered?  Wooden deck?

CaptMac

I just looked at the Club's website. There is a photo of a trap and rifle range.  That range seemed to be without any real structure along a line.  So, dress warmly.  I think I will bring a camp stove. 
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

vernic82

supdmanmike it's in the open, yes.  It's similar type of accommodations to Colebrook & Chaplin only the Clubhouse is very close to the Firing Line.  Wind, maybe, we'll have to check the weather as it gets closer.  Wooden deck, no just like at Colebrook & Chaplin.  Bring a ground cloth they work great.

Camp stoves #) CaptMac, does this mean you're attending? **)  The line without structure could be huge if we wanted it to be with probably 60 shooters for a 25m only AS as that's all this range can lend itself to.  This is real farmland out here with no houses for probably 8-10 miles in any direction.  Imagine that in CT ^-^
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

spudmanmike

Well there's 6 riflemen and a few supporters coming up in our group, we'll be loading mags over the K1 heaters

vernic82

Hi folks - with the snow cover approaching if not already over 3' deep in Eastern CT :o, the Club is plowing the Firing Line, Target Line and running a tractor back and forth between both.

I suggest that if you have a snow shovel to bring it as we may need to knock down some piles to clear fields of fire.

I'll be bringing my 3 and will have  (but a limited number) of extra ground cloths.

Thanks,

v82
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

freedominnumbers

It looks like we'll be shooting from igloos tomorrow.
Looking forward to finding out if .22LR can penetrate 25 yards of snow cover.
Harvard, MA April 17-18 2010 "April 19"  (216)
Lebanon, CT January 29-30 2011 (232)

vernic82

I just came back from Bozrah R&G and these folks are a GREAT partner for Appleseed - the Range is COMPLETELY plowed out for us to accommodate up to 24 shooters on a 25m range.

And with 21 pre-registered, there's room for a few walk-ons so Come on Down!

No worries though we're expecting some light snow Saturday into Sunday so it looks like it very well could be a Winterseed! O0

― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Log

Good luck this weekend, Winterseeders! And remember, there are two shoots in CT on February 26-27 - one in Chaplin, one in Colebrook. If you don't make Rifleman this weekend, come on out next month and try again.
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

spudmanmike

Good time this weekend guys, i'll be back when my toes thaw out!

fprintf

My in-car thermometer said 7 degrees F this morning, one of the club members said his read 4 degrees. Dang, it was cold but turned out to be a beautiful Sunday. If only it'd been a little colder to make it a Winterseed!

More to come in the AAR I am sure, and I know the link will be posted when it is ready!  But I did have fun and it was great to see all the Eastern-Southeastern shooters get an Appleseed in their backyard. Super range and facilities, I am looking forward to going back later this year.